MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2803

@esther-c

I’d like too know!

It’d better not be Ev…

へびは かっこいい です!

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3875

@esther-c Sure thing! I don’t mind hearing spoilers.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Esther
        @esther-c
          • Total Posts: 3218

@godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h

Ok…

First of all, to give you peace of mind:

It is NOT Ev. Or Ami. They will be safe. 

for now

XD

Now… the one who will die…

Malyk

I know this isn’t heart-wrenching, but it will play a really big role in his and Ev’s redemption arc. I know it sounds horrible, but I can’t wait to write that scene. XD

Secondly, (here comes another one), I think I want…

…Dao to die. *gasp*

I’m not entirely sure why yet. (XD Terrible, right?) But I think I want him to be my Jesus-figure in the book. It’s not an allegory. But it will have some subtle allegorical elements. So that is where I’m headed for him.

Man… Dao’s amazing y’all. I can’t do this to him!! But I have to!!

I briefly thought of having… *clears throat* *avoids eye contact* Lukas die… *winces* But I will not! Do not fret! He will live! As far as I know. XD

So that’s all! My faves are still alive as far as my planning goes! XD But we’ll see how the story develops over the planning process! 😄

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 692

@esther-c

I’m excited to write my sacrifice scene (killing an amazing side character) at the end of the series too lol. So… you’re not alone. Hehehe. 😅

Gwyndalf the Wise
            @gwyndalf-the-wise
              • Total Posts: 404

@esther-c
              XD Spoilers without context. I love it! I also have no idea who Dao is, so now I must finish reading your story.
              XD I have a different series and my favorite character ends up dying for reasons I’m unsure of, I just know he has to die. Which sounds terrible…but true.
              XD NOOO LUKAS STAY WITH ME BUDDY
              Yay! Lukas lives!

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
              (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Light
              @lightoverdarkness6
                • Total Posts: 1626

@esther-c

*Let’s out a relieved sigh* Oh good! XDXD I mean, not ‘good’, I’m not that terrible XD. I mean, good that it’s not Ami or Ev…wait, you almost did what?! NO!! You can not kill Lukas!! He is precious <3<3 😭! Oh okay good.

But I may still have to kidnap him…XD #Protection Squad Forever#!! 

I’m going to go read the chapters I haven’t yet so I know who Dao is…but I may not want to know if he’s going to die 😭😭😭

#HugRikerSquad

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@esther-c

Oh ok! That atcually sounds really good. Ok, not Lukas. He’s too innocent XD

Idk about dao, he seems interesting from what I’ve heard. Reminds me of Armulyn the bard from wingfeather saga. I personally don’t know how I feel about having a character that is a Jesus-figure in a book, I wouldn’t do it, but idk exactly what you meant by that. Ok, the Malyk thing sounds interesting. curious how that changes Ev, and how that changes his feelings about his dad.

へびは かっこいい です!

Whaley
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Total Posts: 2635

Well, a person can represent specific, Jesus-like qualities without being perfect. So as long as he clearly isn’t Jesus – just acting out what a child of God should do – it’s totally fine.

And have fun writing the scene… XD It’s terrible, but fun at the same time.

I’m thinking about a death myself. I just can’t decide which one… Two characters – like siblings – but who should be SNUffeD OuT

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Esther
                    @esther-c

@sarafini

Lol!

@gwyndalf-the-wise

Sounds interesting!!

@lightoverdarkness6

But I may still have to kidnap him…XD #Protection Squad Forever#!! 

XDXD

@mineralizedwritings

Idk about dao, he seems interesting from what I’ve heard. Reminds me of Armulyn the bard from wingfeather saga. I personally don’t know how I feel about having a character that is a Jesus-figure in a book, I wouldn’t do it, but idk exactly what you meant by that. Ok, the Malyk thing sounds interesting. curious how that changes Ev, and how that changes his feelings about his dad.

Armulyn is actually my role model for Dao. I want Dao to be similar, but not too much alike. I don’t want to copy Peterson. XD

As Jesus figure, I mean like he will end up sacrificing himself for someone/multiple people. But I’m not entirely sure yet. Cuz if that happens, I feel like that kind of changes the theme. The theme being: trusting God in the dark. So the whole sacrifice thing may not happen. Idk yet.

Yes! I can’t wait to write Ev’s reaction to Malyk’s death and all that. And the way Malyk will die is going to be just so… Agh! (If I say anything more I may give away some things) I can’t wait until I get to it! (I can’t write out of order. I bothers me if I do that. XD)

@whalekeeper

Yeah! I like how you put that. That’s kind of what I’m going for.

I’m thinking about a death myself. I just can’t decide which one… Two characters – like siblings – but who should be SNUffeD OuT

Oh boy!! XD Try eeny-meeny-miney-mo. (Auto-correct tried to fix that so many times! XD I have no idea how to spell it anyway. XD)

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings

@esther-c

Armulyn is actually my role model for Dao. I want Dao to be similar, but not too much alike. I don’t want to copy Peterson. XD

I figured XD Armulyn is a favorite of mine, absolutely love how Peterson had a song written by him in the back of book 4.

As Jesus figure, I mean like he will end up sacrificing himself for someone/multiple people. But I’m not entirely sure yet. Cuz if that happens, I feel like that kind of changes the theme. The theme being: trusting God in the dark. So the whole sacrifice thing may not happen. Idk yet.

That’s kinda what I figured, Idk how you plan on doing it but I agree that changes the theme a bit. If you want to explore that though, go ahead! My story has too many themes XD

Yes! I can’t wait to write Ev’s reaction to Malyk’s death and all that. And the way Malyk will die is going to be just so… Agh! (If I say anything more I may give away some things) I can’t wait until I get to it! (I can’t write out of order. I bothers me if I do that. XD)

Ok… I have a guess what that might be… but idk. Sounds like it’s going to be good! I actually find that writing out of order helps my writing lol. I got to start off my book already familiar with my charries and how they interact, because I’d already been writing them for awhile. I get that though, everyone has a different brain XD Looking forwards to seeing what you come up with!

へびは かっこいい です!

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12
                          • Total Posts: 6645

@esther-c

*twitches*

NUUUUUUUU U WILL NOT KILL MY BABY LUKAS!!!!! *hugs him and steals him*

#PROTECTIONSQUAAAAAAD XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

Esther
                          @esther-c

@mineralizedwritings

I actually find that writing out of order helps my writing lol. I got to start off my book already familiar with my charries and how they interact, because I’d already been writing them for awhile.

Cool!! That’s really interesting!

@godlyfantasy12

I promise I won’t kill him!!!

XDXD

See, it was a fleeting thought. Then I was like: well… there’s really no reason too. It’d just break Ev’s heart. Plus, I would never kill poor innocent Lukas!!! My siblings would be mad at me too. Lol XD

Anonymous
                              • Total Posts: 692

Ugh! People are going to hate my character’s death. Lol. Lots of people (a friend or 2 😆) think it’s Kyle (one of my MCs and main POV person in book 1) when I talk about it and start yelling at me (physically or in all caps depending on how we’re talking 😜) until I say it’s not him then they think Zach (another MC and will be the main POV person in book 3) and I get yelled at again until I say it’s not him either. It’s actually Kyle’s dad. Lol. Who only makes 1 official appearance and at least 4 unofficial appearances (meaning you don’t realize it’s him and won’t realize it until book 3) in book 1. Lol. I haven’t told my family yet because I want to spring this on them. 🤭 I still don’t know favorite characters of my parents. My dad hasn’t read book 1 yet but I think my mom did. She read my short story and loves the whole thing so I doubt she’ll have favorites in book 1. Lol. Are your parents like that? @Anyone-who-wants-to-answer-this

Gwyndalf the Wise
                              @gwyndalf-the-wise
                                • Total Posts: 404

@sarafini

XD Springing character deaths on people is terrible if you’re the person it’s sprung on, but great if you’re the springer…

My parents are like that, at least they really want to read my writing… I’m just not great at sharing and explaining, but I’m going to work on that.

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
                                (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Whaley
                                @whalekeeper
                                  • Total Posts: 2635

Funnily enough, it’s gotten to the point where I’m quite content when a charrie dies. Don’t get me wrong – not always. If their arc (or as I like to call it, train of thought) has been cut short, that’s not cool. But if the charrie has had a great arc, it’s really a fine way to go, eh?

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 226 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >