Introducing a Fellow Writer

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introducing a Fellow Writer

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2794

@felicity

Fossilized writing! I love it! You are so creative! This snake story is getting interesting. 🙂

Aw thanks!

Hmm… what should happen next? Lol, you get to decide!

We should make a topic where we put ourselves in a jungle with snakes, crocodiles, monkeys, etc. And instead of getting to know our characters, (that’s what the Character Castle topic is about, right?) we get to know each other! It’d be fun to see how everyone would react to green tree boas dropping down on them! 🤣 Sorry, I’m just having too much fun!!!

Lol no don’t apologize! I went a little dramatic there, I would probably run away and consider it a once in a lifetime sighting 😂 but if it was a safe distance I might try to get a pic. yeah! I’ve got 2 character’s in the castle right now. I would say that by getting to know each others character’s, you get to know them too. It’s a added benefit. I mean, most of my characters express ideas in there actions that are important to me. And if I ever saw a crocodile or other creature, I believe I would just scadoodle (sorry for the weird word. It’s some kind of variation of scram I made up)  lol.

I know I’m the newest one here but once I get “old” I think I’ll make up a list of questions to ask new people too. 🙂

Well I’ve only been here like 3 months lol. I’m online just about everyday though.

Like, If you could have any super power, what would it be?

Hmmm! I’m not sure. Let me think about this one. 🤔

I would say being able to know the future, but how would you keep up faith if you knew something terrible was going to happen? Actually, I would love to be able to fly. Like, just imagine! Oh another one, I would be able to play every instrument immediately. It takes so much commitment to learn a new one, but sometimes when I’m playing my clarinet I’m just having a blast. If only I could play brass without needing to learn how 🤣

Oh also, I would like to be able to wall jump irl. or double jump 🤣 Like y’know theirs these people who do parkour and can wall jump, but you can only realistically go three jumps if you practice really hard.

What about you?

and Are there other universes in real life?

Are there… hmm I’d say no… mostly because they aren’t mentioned in the bible that I know of. But it would cool if there were!

What do you think?

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@felicity.

So glad to meet another sister in Christ!!

Yes!!! *high-five*

Does your signature mean that you like languages too? 🙂

Well, yes and no. XD I’m currently learning Spanish for school, but….I’d love to learn German. Maybe that’s because I write books set in that country and culture…but whatever! XD I do like listening to songs I know in different languages though! It’s really helped me practice my Spanish, specifically! 😉 I saw that you’re learning Polish! What’s your favorite thing about it, and what made you want to learn it? If you don’t mind answering, that is. 😀

Happy to meet a History Buff! The only reason I don’t classify myself as one is so I don’t look ignorant when I answer History questions incorrectly. 🙂

Lol, totally understand that. XD I guess I can’t call myself one, then, either. XD Here, let’s change that. I’m not a “History Buff”, I’m more of a…”WWII History Buff”. XDXDXD But I love (most) history! WWII, American Revolution, American Civil War, and Vietnam are my favorites to learn about, probably in that order, actually, lol.

I went ice skating for the second time on Friday! Don’t worry, the first time I hardly left the wall either. (Watching others zip effortlessly past me didn’t help anything!) I still feel a bit shaky on my skates. But like most things, it takes time and practice! I’m sure you’ll do great!

Aww, thank you! That’s actually really encouraging. XD

1. Steaming coffee swirling with cream is one of the many beautiful things about life, especially when it’s snowing outside! I enjoy tea as well, preferably scalding peach tea with a spoonful of honey. There’s nothing like a soothing drink while writing…

Ooh, cool!!! I don’t normally drink anything except maybe water when writing, and, dun dun dunnnn, I’ve never had coffee. XD

2. Lyaksandro’s last name is Demchenko. He is a twelve year old Ukrainian boy who is full of loyal fun and loves wrestling with his brother. His full name means something like ‘defending sacrifice’ which is really fitting for his role in the story.

AAHHHH!!! I LOVE THAT!!!! I saw that you’re writing a book about the war in Ukraine! Very cool!!!

3. I don’t have any particular favorite movies/TV shows but a few that I appreciate are: I Am David, Miss Potter, Princess Bride (it’s hard not to think of that one without a chuckle), and Fiddler On the Roof.

Did you say THE PRINCESS BRIDE!?!?!?!? I only first watched that movie this year, but girlllllll….I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

4. Here is my favorite quote: “If, after aeons of time in hell or heaven or purgatory, I were to be asked what earthly life was like, I should still, I am sure, say it was a sheet of paper fixed in a typewriter and needing to be covered with words; not tomorrow, or next week, or next year, but now.” -Malcolm Muggeridge in The Green Stick

That’s an epic quote!!!! 😀 Great choice!!! 😉

God bless you too! 🙂

Thank you!!!

Light
        @lightoverdarkness6
          • Total Posts: 1626

@felicity

Hi!! Welcome to KP, Felicity! I’m pretty new to the forum too! Cool! I write in Contemporary Fiction, but if I did write Fantasy, I’d steer clear from magic too. Your WIP sounds cool! SEVEN SIBLINGS?!?!? Wow!! I have three😂.
          Now for some ask the newbie questions!!

1. If you could meet your 3 favorite characters from a book/favorite actors/historical figures/ who would it be and what would you ask them?

2. What’s your favorite books?

3. How are your characters in your current WIP like you? Appearance? Personality? Or other traits?

4. What’s your favorite movies?

5. And do you have any pets?

Again, welcome, and I hope you have a great rest of the day😊❤️!!

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
          @felicity
            • Total Posts: 811

@folith-feolin

Namarie! (Quenya) Nice to meet you! You remind me of my brother who is an American and European history buff and used to make board games. 🙂

In answer to your neophyte questions:

1. During WWII Hitler wanted to produce a “pure” breed of horses and succeeded in capturing the Lipizzaners from the Austrian Riding School with which to do so. Lipizzaners are born coal black and fade to pure white at maturity. They are trained to dance to classical music and perform amazing acrobatics. Their trainers dedicate their whole lives to one horse and get to know them so well that they can direct them without reins. These horses barely escaped having their individuality and unique traits bred out of them only to fall into the hands of the Russians who were known horse-killers… Well, they would have become Russian victims if their German veterinarian hadn’t secretly surrendered them to American Colonel Charles Reed. Because of his choice, if you visit the Austrian Riding School today you can watch the majestic Lipizzaners perform their artistic feats.

2. The only Shakespeare I have read is a few pages of Hamlet and MacBeth. Besides that I have not read any plays.

3. One interesting thing I can do is butcher a chicken.

4. I’m split between LotR and Gettysburg for the best movie soundtracks.

5. I think the Oxford Comma should be used if the sentence would not portray its intended meaning otherwise. But in the sentence, Today I ate pizza, meatballs and anchovies I would leave it out.

I am also a fan of writing songs for my own WIP’s.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Felicity
            @felicity

@koshka

Thanks for the welcome!

You’re writing about the Russo-Ukrainian war? I’m definitely not that brave, but I’d be thrilled to hear about it if you ever want to ramble to someone.

I don’t feel like I’m all that adequate to write about it because it is complicated and nuanced but sometimes when a character begs you to write their story you just can’t resist! That’s great! I will keep you in mind if I want to ramble about my WIP!! 🙂

You’re learning Polish?! Slavic languages are beautiful! And I can totally understand about a hard language making more sense. I’ve found Russian to be easier than Spanish, even if it is more difficult.

I’m glad someone understands!! I totally agree that Slavic languages are beautiful! And Polish is easier than English in some respects! (Shhh…I think English grammar is confusing because it doesn’t follow its own rules! What about you?)

Answers:

1. My favorite author is Deborah Alcock who lived during the 1800’s. The only picture they have of her is when she was older and she has whitish gray hair tucked under a ruffled cap. 🙂

2. I’ve read seven! The Chronicles of Narnia. 🙂

3. I would choose a horse and it would be a Polish-Arabian. I’d name her Federacja!

4. You know, jellybeans are one kind of candy I haven’t eaten a lot of in my short life. The last time I had some I was too little to remember. So I actually can’t say if I like them or not! 😉

Medieval-Fantasy is so interesting to read! Glad to meet you!! Thanks for the great questions!

Felicity
              @felicity

@mineralizedwritings

Hmm… what should happen next? Lol, you get to decide!

Well, let’s put it on hold for now…it was kind of a spur of the moment thing and I didn’t give much thought to it’s future… 🙂

And if I ever saw a crocodile or other creature, I believe I would just scadoodle (sorry for the weird word. It’s some kind of variation of scram I made up) lol.

I like the new word!! My siblings and I make up new words all the time. 🙂

Hmmm! I’m not sure. Let me think about this one. 🤔

I would say being able to know the future, but how would you keep up faith if you knew something terrible was going to happen? Actually, I would love to be able to fly. Like, just imagine! Oh another one, I would be able to play every instrument immediately. It takes so much commitment to learn a new one, but sometimes when I’m playing my clarinet I’m just having a blast. If only I could play brass without needing to learn how 🤣

Oh also, I would like to be able to wall jump irl. or double jump 🤣 Like y’know theirs these people who do parkour and can wall jump, but you can only realistically go three jumps if you practice really hard.

What about you?

Seeing the future is a really interesting concept. It could be good, but it could also hurt you. The instrument one catches my fancy!! That’d be amazing! Also, if I could have the power to read people’s minds… everyone would have to watch out. But of course I’d use the ability it to make the world a better place!

Are there… hmm I’d say no… mostly because they aren’t mentioned in the bible that I know of. But it would cool if there were!

What do you think?

I don’t think there are other universes, because yes, the Bible doesn’t say anything about another earth or other humans somewhere. But it’s a lot of fun to think about it! 🙂

Felicity
                @felicity

@freedomwriter76

I’m currently learning Spanish for school, but….I’d love to learn German. Maybe that’s because I write books set in that country and culture…but whatever! XD I do like listening to songs I know in different languages though! It’s really helped me practice my Spanish, specifically! 😉 I saw that you’re learning Polish! What’s your favorite thing about it, and what made you want to learn it? If you don’t mind answering, that is. 😀

German is actually pretty easy, (as far as easy goes when you’re talking about languages). I think it sounds fun- lilting and cheerful. The reason I started learning Polish is because my ancestors immigrated from Poland in the 1800’s and I’ve always wondered what their lives were like and wished I could meet them! My favorite thing about it is probably the thing that scares people the most- all the consonants and hard-to-pronouce words! Polish has three different z’s and tongue twisters everywhere. It’s challenging, but fun too!

AAHHHH!!! I LOVE THAT!!!! I saw that you’re writing a book about the war in Ukraine! Very cool!!!

Thanks a lot! This forum is so encouraging and I feel blessed to become a part of it!!

Did you say THE PRINCESS BRIDE!?!?!?!? I only first watched that movie this year, but girlllllll….I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Isn’t it?! We quote lines from it all the time… “Inconceivable!” :):)

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings
                    • Total Posts: 2794

@felicity

Well, let’s put it on hold for now…it was kind of a spur of the moment thing and I didn’t give much thought to it’s future… 🙂

Lol yeah That’s what I thought 😂

I like the new word!! My siblings and I make up new words all the time. 🙂

😀

But of course I’d use the ability it to make the world a better place!

yeah! Imagine how many people you could point in a better direction!

But it’s a lot of fun to think about it! 🙂

For sure!

へびは かっこいい です!

Felicity
                    @felicity

@lightoverdarkness6

Hello! I’m loving this forum so much already! Your name makes me think of good overcoming evil! Let the Light arise!

Your WIP sounds cool! SEVEN SIBLINGS?!?!? Wow!! I have three😂.

Thanks!! Yes, God has blessed me. I love ’em all!

1. If you could meet your 3 favorite characters from a book/favorite actors/historical figures/ who would it be and what would you ask them?

Let’s see. Great question by the way! I’d like to meet: my great, great, great grandma and ask her about her immigration to America; Anne Shirley, maybe we’d take a walk and I’d get her thoughts on current politics (that would be funny); and lastly, Abraham Lincoln. I’d thank him for his sacrifices for this country and then try to relieve his stress somehow. He was so stressed out. He had the whole weight of the country on his shoulders.

2. What’s your favorite books?

Many. 🙂 A Lantern In Her Hand by Bess Aldrich, Crushed Yet Conquering by Deborah Alcock, and The Blackbird Girls by Anne Bankman are just a few.

3. How are your characters in your current WIP like you? Appearance? Personality? Or other traits?

I haven’t thought much about this in my current WIP. (Which is called Overcome, about two families during the current Russo-Ukrainian war). I think the two MC’s have a mixture of mine and their own personalities. Ludwika is sympathetic, not afraid to go out on a limb, and has trouble obeying authority; Nataliya has a hard time overcoming fears and insecurities, but is loyal and has a hidden sense of humor. I most resemble Ludwika in appearance, though her hair is lighter than mine. 🙂

4. What’s your favorite movies?

Well, mostly older ones. I like parts of LotR tho. Fiddler On the Roof, Princess Bride and oh, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the old version is great for laughs. I haven’t seen the new one).

5. And do you have any pets?

Unfortunately no! I had a few sweet cats but as the years passed they passed too, in one way or another. My brother has a German shepherd/husky dog who I love and talk Polish to. 🙂 I guess he could be considered my pet, in a way. The other animals we have are hens and broilers (meat chickens) which we do not consider pets.

Felicity
                      @felicity

@lightoverdarkness6 @freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings @koshka @folith-feolin @loopylin

Thanks everybody for your warm welcomes! I’m excited about future discussions, debates 🙂 WIP swapping, learning, writing and everything else you all do on here!

And a big thanks to Kathleen Ramm and the others who made this forum possible!

Dobranoc…Buenos Noches…Goodnight…спокойной ночи.

Koshka
                        @koshka
                          • Total Posts: 1424

@felicity

Спокойной ночи! Бог благословил!

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 8156

@felicity.

German is actually pretty easy, (as far as easy goes when you’re talking about languages). I think it sounds fun- lilting and cheerful.

It does seem fairly easy as far as a language goes, and seems like a lot of fun, too!

The reason I started learning Polish is because my ancestors immigrated from Poland in the 1800’s and I’ve always wondered what their lives were like and wished I could meet them! My favorite thing about it is probably the thing that scares people the most- all the consonants and hard-to-pronouce words! Polish has three different z’s and tongue twisters everywhere. It’s challenging, but fun too!

That’s really cool!!! 😀 I have ancestors that came from Italy in the late 1800’s, I believe, on my Mom’s side of the family, but my Dad’s side, the German side, has been in America since before the American Revolution! Like, 1750s-ish time! 😉 But truthfully, I’m a mix of Italians/Germans/Scots/English/Irish…all of those…XD

And that sounds fun about learning Polish! Sounds confusing, lol, but fun, especially if you love learning languages! 🙂

Thanks a lot! This forum is so encouraging and I feel blessed to become a part of it!!

You are so welcome!!! It is! I love the KP forum!!! Everyone is so nice! I’ve been able to talk and share some things about my books, and everyone is so kind and helpful!!! Again, welcome!!!

Isn’t it?! We quote lines from it all the time… “Inconceivable!” :):)

It’s soooo funny. XD “My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” “Death never did stop true love.”

Ahh…such wonderful quotes. XD I didn’t understand them for the longest time!!! XD My parents and aunts would quote it, like, ALL, THE, TIME, and I was soooo confused. XDXDXDXDXD

Felicity
                            @felicity

@freedomwriter76

I have ancestors that came from Italy in the late 1800’s, I believe, on my Mom’s side of the family, but my Dad’s side, the German side, has been in America since before the American Revolution! Like, 1750s-ish time! 😉 But truthfully, I’m a mix of Italians/Germans/Scots/English/Irish…all of those…XD

#) I’ve got English, Scandinavian, French-Canadian and Polish so…yeah quite the mix. Wow that’s really neat about your German ancestors! I think my English ones were here during the Civil War. I think learning about my ancestors is so fascinating!

You are so welcome!!! It is! I love the KP forum!!! Everyone is so nice! I’ve been able to talk and share some things about my books, and everyone is so kind and helpful!!! Again, welcome!!!

Yes you guys are great!! Thanks a million!

Ahh…such wonderful quotes. XD I didn’t understand them for the longest time!!! XD My parents and aunts would quote it, like, ALL, THE, TIME, and I was soooo confused.

Yes :):) the quotes are super fun!! Instant laughter! Buttercup: “You mock my pain!” Wesley: “Life IS pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.” 🙂 and…Wesley: “You guessed wrong.” Vizzini: “You only THINK I guessed wrong. That’s what’s so funny!!”

Anyway… *trying hard to keep back laughter*

Felicity
                              @felicity

@folith-feolin

Just curious, what’s your opinion on the Oxford Comma? When I read your question I thought, “What is that??” but when I looked it up I realized I knew what it was, just didn’t know it by the official name. 🙂

Light
                                @lightoverdarkness6
                                  • Total Posts: 1626

@felicity

Awww thank you!! Yeah!! That’s one reason I chose this for my username. To spread light and remind others that “The light will always prevail.” 😊

That’s cool!! Yep, I Love mine too ❤️ ❤️. Now, I don’t always like them, but I will never stop loving them.

Thank you!! I thought of questions I would want to be asked. Ooh, great answers!!

I would meet Jesus. And I would ask him how he loved us so much that he died for us. And ask him to help me bring some of my friends back to the Light. And just sit in his lap and listen to him preach. I would meet Leo or Riker from @freedomwriter76 ‘s absolutely AMAZING books (you should ask her about them.) and ask Riker how he was able to forgive himself and tell him that I think he’s soooo sweet.

I’d ask Leo how he is such a great brother, and when he told me “I’m not” I would just read him all the parts in the Character Castle and then maybe call Jesus over there and let them talk. But before I left, I think I’d tell him how awesome and adorable he is😂🤦🏻‍♀️❤️.

And also, I’d meet my Great grandpa “Pappie.” Because he died before I was born, but when I was 2 or 3, my mom was holding me and showing me Pappie’s picture, she asked me if I knew who that was, and I said “Pappie!” She was so shocked. My parents had never said anything before to me about Pappie! And I knew exactly who he was. 😇😮.
                                  Oh. That was 4 people. 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 Sorry!

I’ve heard of ‘a Lantern in Her Hand’ but haven’t heard of the other ones. Those sound cool! A few of my favorites are: The Lord of the Rings, The Tennis Shoes among the Nephites series and The Wingfeather Saga.

Oh, that’s so cool that your WIP is about the Russo-Ukrainian war!  I love those names for your characters! Yes, my characters have a mixture of mine and their own personalities. One of my characters, Matthew, is a fictional version of one of my friends! I created Matthew, and then a month or so later, I meet the him, and he becomes my friend, and I realize that Matthew came to life😂! Another character, Lyla, is more like me, personality wise. She’s not shy and will not hesitate to protect her brother (Matthew). She’s pretty outgoing and loves her brothers.

I love Lotr so much!! Ooh the Princess Bride!! I really want to watch it. Me and my mom almost watched it a few months ago, but ended up watching something else. I keep hearing from my friends (several from here on KP) that it’s really funny. Oh, the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is so good! The newer one is WEIRD! Johnny Depp is in it, and it’s just not as good as the older one.

The only pet I’ve ever had was a Betta Fish named Rainbow😂. We’re going to get a dog in a year or two. We were about to get a cat about a year ago, but we found out we were going to have a baby sister! I’d take my sister over a cat any day. Ok, cool! My grandparents used to have chickens for eggs, and they were my personal pets. Good thing they weren’t meant for the dinner table 😂😬. 6 year old me would’ve had a break down😂😅😢.

And your so welcome for the welcome! ( that sounded weird 😂) Yes, girl, all the people on here are sooo sweet aren’t they?! They made me feel so comfortable and loved when I first joined, and I’m glad I can help you and others feel comfortable and loved! Have a great day 😊❤️

#HugRikerSquad

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >