Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Critique Requests Into the Lamp (YA fantasy) Critique

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Issabelle Perry
    @issawriter7
      • Total Posts: 976

@gracie-j

THANKS SOO MUCH!!!!!!

@devastate-lasting

AWESOME!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH for reading!!!!! <33

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
      TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
      @issawriter7

@imwritehere1920

Heya, Lily!!!! Haha, I know right! Oh, girl, that’s TOTALLY okay!!! I COMPLETELY get that. I had been trying about a month ago to limit my screen time, but then a few classes I’m taking started a basically require me to spend all of my time online, so I gave that up. 😉 Aww, THANKS!!!!!!!

Oh, that’s perfectly fine, don’t worry about li’l ole me. 😉 (Haha, oh, girl, don’t worry about all of that. I’ve actually removed What Lay Beyond the Woods from Critique Corner, ’cause I’m debating if I wanna keep going on with it, if you know what I mean. Though, you can still find the stories, you just have to search for them.) Yes, girl that is TOTALLY okay!!!!! I don’t have any kind of deadline or anything like that.

It’s actually been both terrible and amazing. I’ve had a lot of school and it’s not going that great BUT my short story, “Fairly Impish” is published today, so I’m not complaining. 😉 How has your week been?

TeenWritersNook.com

Gracie J.
        @gracie-j
          • Total Posts: 1789

@issawriter7 You’re so welcome, sista!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

imwritehere1920
          @imwritehere1920
            • Total Posts: 92

@issawriter7

EEP!  Congrats on your short story!  How does it feel to be published (and famous?)

I know, limiting screen time can be hard.  And I’m game for whatever you decide to do with What Lay Beyond the Woods 🙂

(Oh phew!  I forgot to ask if you had a deadline for Into the Lamp.  Thanks for letting me know!)

My week has been okay; previously, I was trying to migrate a lot of my work from my Chromebook to my new Mac laptop; hence the need to take a nice long break from the screen. But I think it’s just about fixed.

I hope it goes well with school. What kind of classes are you taking (writing, math, art, etc?)

Dream. Write. Inspire.

https://thepencilsisters.com

Abigail.M.
            @abigail-m
              • Total Posts: 1242

@issawriter7

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I just finished reading the first two chapters and when I reached the end of the second chapter and it didn’t let me scroll down any further, it took a moment for the cruel reality to sink in that that was the end. I loved it so much! I usually prefer heroines to heroes, but like @gracie-j said, Colin is perfect! I loved him SO much, his character development is excellent and he is such a funny, likable person. I was hooked all the way through:) Amazing job! 😀

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Abigail.M..
              Abigail.M.
              @abigail-m
                • Total Posts: 1242

@issawriter7

*Throws confetti, lights the fireworks, and passes the chocolate*
                CONGRATULATIONS ON PUBLISHING YOUR SHORT STORY!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀
                (Sorry, but that called for all caps XD ). I’m super excited for you, way to go! That is just super incredible!! :D:D 😀

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Abigail.M..
                Linyang Zhang
                @devastate-lasting
                  • Total Posts: 1700

@issawriter7 CONGRATSSSS!!!! Awesome job, girl! I can’t wait to read it one day!

Lately, it's been on my brain
                  Would you mind letting me know
                  If hours don't turn into days

Alexa Autorski
                  @writerlexi1216
                    • Total Posts: 1011

@issawriter7

YES! CONGRATULATIONS on publishing your short story!!!! *shoots a confetti canon* *gives you chocolate cake* *happy dances* I’m sooooo proud of you, Issa!!! That’s such a great achievement!! 🙂 YOU GO, GIRL!!!! :3 (Btw, I promise I’m going to re-read this chapter today! I finally have some free time!)

Issabelle Perry
                    @issawriter7

@imwritehere1920

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH, LILY!!!!!!!! Haha, well, I don’t think I’m famous yet, but honestly it just feels SOOOO AMAZING. Like is it supposed to feel this incredible? I heard a few authors saying that it doesn’t really change your life much, but it kinda did for me.

AWESOME!!! Thanks!!!!

(Hahaha, that’s okay!! Yep, no deadline!!! And no problem! <333)

Oh, wow, that sounds like it’d be seriously stressful. Aahhh, yes, that makes sense. 😉 Ooh, YAAY!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!! I’m taking some college courses and right now it’s just pretty crazy, so hopefully this stuff will calm down, right? I’ve got English – and my teacher likes to give me an unreal amount of work in a short time to complete – and American Government. How’s school going for you?

TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
                      @issawriter7

@abigail-m

Hahaha, yeah, sorry ’bout that. 😉 (Especially ’cause chapter three is when it gets REALLY awesome ’cause the genie shows up.) But I’m honestly SOO happy that you enjoyed it!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH A HUNDRED MILLION TIMES OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aww, that just means SO much that you like Colin. He was honestly sooo different from any protagonist that I’ve ever written – or read, for that matter – and I was sooo worried if anyone would like him and all. BUT THIS JUST MEANS SOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, girl!! I’m sooo happy that you thought all of that. This has literally just made my morning!!! THANK YOU!!!!

*admires the confetti and fireworks and takes all da chocolate*

Aww, Abigail, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! It really means just a LOT!! (LOL!!! That’s totally okay for me. I have a strange love for all caps XD) THANK YOUUUUU!!!!! <333 I’m just soo happy right now!! <3333 *showers you with chocolate*

TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
                        @issawriter7

@devastate-lasting

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! Oooh, YAAAY!!!! If/when you ever read it, totally lemme know what you think!!!! <3333

TeenWritersNook.com

Issabelle Perry
                          @issawriter7

@writerlexi1216

Aww, Lexi, A HUNDRED MILLION THANK YOUUUUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *grabs the chocolate cake and happily starts eating it* *dances also* Aww, girl, this really means like SO, SO, SOOO MUCH to me!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Seriously, you and all my other friends have made this moment more memorable than anything. I don’t know what else to say but THANK YOUUU!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 (YAAAY!!!!! no stress if you don’t get to it, though!!! Hopefully it’ll be just as awesome on your second time ’round!!!!!!! <333) Also, I LOOVE your tagline!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeenWritersNook.com

Alexa Autorski
                            @writerlexi1216

@issawriter7

You’re welcome, Issabelle!! 😀 *joins you in eating the chocolate cake* Aw, that makes me happy to make you happy!! And yes!! This is VERY memorable!! Oh, I totally will! I pinky promise 😉 And I’m sure I’ll love it the second time through even more then the first!! (Now that it’s the weekend, I’ll try to read more of everybody’s chapters lol) And THANK you!!! I like swapping out taglines every once in a while!! And *gasps* I LOVE LOVE LOVE yours too!

(By the way, you have a character named Aria too? What a coincidence! I originally spelled my Arya’s name ‘Aria’)

Linyang Zhang
                              @devastate-lasting
                                • Total Posts: 1700

@writerlexi1216 (Wow, what are the chances that I, too, have an Aria in my story? Though I decided to use it for a guy.)

Lately, it's been on my brain
                                Would you mind letting me know
                                If hours don't turn into days

Alexa Autorski
                                @writerlexi1216

@devastate-lasting

What a coincidence… eh, great minds think alike, as they say. And hey, that’s a good idea to use it for a male character! My Arya is pronounced ‘Are–ee–uh’

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >