Hi everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi everyone!

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    TheArcaneAxiom
    @thearcaneaxiom
      • Total Posts: 1251

@grcr

Sorry this is so late of a response.

Well, what I meant was, in Extroit (and probably Ethrin too) there are stations areas you can go to that, like, can literally portal you into… well… McDonald’s Island. Have you ever seen McDonald’s Island on the map (irl)? It’s a tiny island-thing near Antartica… well, thats where the portal sends the characters who want to see our planet. lol

Ahh, so it’s a portal fantasy, that’s fun!

I love conlangs, but I’ve never really mastered any… I’m trying to become proficient in my Arc conlang, because what good is it when the creator doesn’t even fully speak it! I’ve only really mastered my ‘code-kind’ (the A=blah, B=blah kind lol)

Yeah, I’m passively trying to learn one of mine called Lasi’el, but I’m only a little conversational. Len ila Ala’in Asiem (Arcane Axiom). Mae esho vwij? Lasi’el  elasi ivwa len, vwij? (Meaning: I am named Arcane Axiom. Have you been given good thoughts today? I like to speak Lasi’el, you?) That being said, proficiency in a conlang isn’t required for your writing, but it definitely is fun!

You should read them! Around the World has a lot of big words in it (or maybe I was just little), but thats not too big of a deal at all (unless your occasionally lazy like me and don’t like grabbing a dictionary lol… jk). I really enjoy fantasy, and I’ll definitely check Sanderson out!

For sure! I’ll check them out!

In my story Saved by a Cat it was supposed to be contemporary. My earlier writings were far more like contemporary fiction than they are these days…

Cool!

I’d love to hear it all!! 😆

Fair enough, if you really want me to😂 (Takes very long inhale)

Ok, so, part of the fundamental nature of the Septrum has to do with extra dimensionality. You will see septres (the analogue of planets) throughout the universe, but they more often than not, don’t resemble planets up close. What they really are, are elongated 4 dimensional superstructures passing through a 3 dimensional plane. To unpack that in layman’s terms,  it’s often best explained in analogy using a 3 dimensional object passing through a 2 dimensional plane. How about this, imagen a kind of fish that only lives on the surface of the water, it can’t move or see up or down, only what is straight in front of it. Now imagen my fingers entering the water, what does the fish see? Does it realize that the fingers are all linked together in a complex shape known as a hand? No, it only sees the individual parts of the fingers that are in line with the surface of the water. As the hand slowly submerges itself, the fish sees the individual slices of the fingers in its view, slowly morph and change and eventually merge together into one blobby mass. We know obviously that this is just a hand, and there is no change in shape, topology, or volume, yet it looks like it does in the fish’s context. Now entertain the idea that there is an extra spatial direction we cannot imagen or interact with because we are restricted to a limited view. If something of extra spatial qualities passed through our  reality, it would seem to morph and change in completely alien ways, even if it is a completely solid object. This is what the septres are. Imagen the earth being made of absurd shapes and geometries that would have been impossible in real mechanics, now perfectly plausible and even likely in this universe. I like to call it a worldbuilding lifehack, because of the possibilities it opens up to rationalize nearly any bazar idea for a world.

(With that out of the way, we can veer away from the math now😅)

Now each septre usually can be split into seven main eras, each era being marked by the general perceived shape of the current position of the septre passing through the 3d plane. They are sometimes only loosely defined, bleeding into one another, other times the transition can be catastrophic. The eras of my septre are not all developed yet, but here are the ones that are:

Era one: The first era is currently unnamed, but is far more earthlike then its latter counterparts, because it is actually a sphere with continents and oceans. The first era has a rich history of peoples and cultures, technology develops rapidly, but it ends in a terrible dystopia, where strange beings eventually becoming known as phantoms, suddenly rampage. They are creatures from a higher reality, they seem to appear take and do as they please, and vanish without a trace. They often pluck people up, and take them to their own reality, and occasionally place them back. People who survive the traumatic process are usually greatly distorted physically and always mentally. No one really knows why, how, or where they come from, only that they are creatures of chaos, and they are untouchable, invisible, and thus unbeatable…

Era two: Also currently unnamed. The world changes, holes and caverns form deep within the earth, the hopefuls and opportunists turn to live deep in these places for a feeling of security. Over time, the surface is forgotten completely. Imagen caverns and tunnels, but gravity had little meaning, there was no distinction between a floor, wall, and ceiling, nearly all surfaces you could stand on as if ground, and thus was ground, and that was life. (The gravity thing has to do with the septres.)

Era three: This is my most developed, in the Lasi’el tongue, it is known as Omialia, basically meaning ‘giving’ or ‘being fruitful’. Imagen a space of closely clustered planetoid masses, each having their own defined gravitational field. You could be standing on one, but climb a tree tall enough, and you’ll enter another’s field, and you’d feel as if you were falling upwards for a moment, until you realize your falling down head first relative to the new mass. I’ll come back to Omialia, because it has all the cultures I want to talk about, but lets move on for now.

Era four: Still unnamed. Have you ever heard of a dyson sphere? If so, it’s like that but natural. Imagen a hollow shell wrapped around a ‘sun’. A world lives on the inside surface of that shell. Imagen no horizon, the world just curves up and up all the way around. An ocean wanders along the equator, slow, but persistent, making an excellent timekeeper in a place where the words day and night have no meaning.

Era five: Unnamed. A world where you are two. you traverse one ‘planet’, but once your in your bed and fall asleep, you enter a deep dream, except… it’s not a dream at all, in fact, you’ve knowingly have now awoken in a different body on the sister ‘planet’. You live your day, then go to sleep, and wake up back in the body you had before. In one, you might be an eccentric billionaire, and in the other, you may be a street beggar. How do morals work in such a world, where everyone you know lives a double life. You probably don’t even know your closest friends and family from one planet within the other, your family likely not even related to you in the other.

That is all the Eras I’ve dreamt up so far, I just need two more to complete my septre. Now I would love to get into the cultures and stuff, but today has been really busy, and I’m only now able to get this much down and I need to get to bed. I’ll deffinitly get into the rest tomorrow though! I’d love to hear your thoughts on anything in the meantime.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

-GRCR-
      @grcr
        • Total Posts: 949

Wow! 😮

Very interesting! I don’t even know what to say! I like… the complexity.

All of the eras sound awesome, and I really like Era five. I’m excited to hear about the cultures and such! 😊

...i see the world in my head every time i close my eyes...

Light
        @lightoverdarkness6
          • Total Posts: 1626

@grcr

Hello and welcome to KP! Sorry I’m a bit late 😅. I’m Lightoverdarkness6, (or just Light 😉) A home schooled teen girl who enjoys writing, drawing, exploring the great outdoors, playing piano, ranting about books and movies, and our Savior, Jesus Christ. ❤

Andddd it seems since I’m late, everyone has already asked mostly all the newbie questions sooo here’s just a few 🙂

1. If you could choose any one character of your choice to become real, who would you choose, and why?

2. When did you first start writing stories?

3. Would you rather go to space or on a deep sea adventure?

Also, your book sounds awesome! I love reading and watching fantasy, but I haven’t yet mustered the courage to try to write a fantasy book…yet 😉

Did you draw the characters in your pfp? Because they are adorableee 😍😍😍 I love that art style.

Anyway, it’s amazing to have you here and I really hope you enjoy it here!!! God Bless <3

#HugRikerSquad

HighScribe
          @highscribeofaetherium
            • Total Posts: 2230

@thearcaneaxiom

Wow…

You’ve broken me 😵‍💫😵‍💫

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

-GRCR-
            @grcr

@lightoverdarkness6

Hi!! Nice to meet you!

…. heh heh….

If I could have any character be real…. oof, I don’t know… probably my character Rashion (I pronounce his name Rash-E-on). Well, one reason I’d want him is because I know a lot about him…. He’s really chill, kind-hearted, and he cares a lot about his friends, which I think makes for a nice person.

So, I’ve been writing for a really long time, but I started actually trying to write books when I was 11 or 12. I finished my book Saved by a Cat back in 2020… but it needed a lot of editing… lol… Earlier than that was… well, fictional diaries…

I’d rather go on a deep sea adventure because I really love marine biology, and I like Orca whales.

Heh heh, thanks! 😄

Oh and yes, I did draw them! I’m actually really proud of how they turned out! Thanks for the compliment!

I’m definitely enjoying KP so far! 😊 See you around!

Light
              @lightoverdarkness6

@Grcr

Awww Rashion sounds like a great character and I love him alreadyy 😍😍😍 That’s a great choice! 😊

Oh same girl!! Well, about the writing for a longggg time but actually trying to write around 11 or 12. Lol yeah I started this little book when I was around 12 about a little boy named Matthew trying to protect his pet, a white deer fawn from hunters. Lol it was fun. Since then, I’ve dropped that project for a little while (though I did keep my character, Matthew, just changed his age and a few things about him and put him in a new story!) and started on several new projects.

I’d rather go to the deep sea too! Deep sea diving is sooo cool, but scary too. My 5 year old brother is infatuated with sharks and he insists that he is going to be a marine biologist 🥰 Orcas are beautiful!!! <3

You’re welcome! They look great!!

I’m so glad! See you around! <33

#HugRikerSquad

-GRCR-
                @grcr

@lightoverdarkness6

☺️

Cool! That was a cute story idea. 🙃

Yeah… very scary… I used to want to be a marine biologist, but I think I’d rather just work at a aquarium or zoo or something… where you can look at and care for the creatures without having to worry about the slight chance of running out of oxygen… 😶

TheArcaneAxiom
                  @thearcaneaxiom

@highscribeofaetherium

Oh, my apologies! Breaking people was never my intention😂

@grcr

Thanks😅 Yeah, there’s a lot of unique perceptions of reality that would occur in each of them. Era five specifically though, I realized would create a very sad worldview in everyone, and it would become very worldly for many different reasons. So I’m thinking once I come up with other ones interesting enough, it might end up being the sixth or seventh, because it is a setting that I think would very quickly fall into an Armageddon. What is romance here? Perhaps there is an ideal that you might find the love of your life, and then find them again in the other world, but how likely is that, how do you know you’ll run into them? How easy it could be for a man to promise his wife in one world that he is ever searching for her, but is only cheating with all sorts of women there instead. Even if more romantic ideals are present, other ideas and philosophies will spread like wildfire. This would be because no culture or religion could be isolated. Everyone in that region would be taught completely different ways of life scattered all over the other world, bringing it to that region, spreading it there, and those ideas further getting jostled going back and forth between worlds like a blender. Values around family, religion, culture, and the very sense of identity would all be out the window, the only idea that would catch people’s attention anymore would be to go your own way.

One race/culture I’ve developed are actually naturally opposite to this, where values would become more solidified. Yet they actually are the very roots to this world, and it is their eventual fate. I’ll get to them later still though, I’m going to start with some others now that we’re getting into cultures.

All my most developed cultures and peoples are in the third era, Omialia.

First, the Shoijel, speakers of the tongue Lasi’el. The name Shoijel comes from the word sho’ijele’el, basically meaning “thoughts”, as they value the idea of thought and consciousness as the core of their religion and identity. This shines through in their language a whole lot. Like instead of asking “how are you?”, you would say informally “Mae esho vwij?” meaning “good think you?” or “are you thinking well?”, or the formal is “Mae sho’ijel omia vwij?” meaning “good thought give you?” or “have you been given good thoughts?”. They are industrious people, and thrive on trade, but also reverence tradition. They are the most learned in the magical tongue of Lanusel, an ancient art only recently uncovered after a millennia, though they can only use it in the few broken words that they’ve uncovered, making nothing more than a small spell book, far less the full language it once was. Their monarch, known as the Jan, is a teacher and counselor, meant to be the most learned of all, but also imparts knowledge freely.

Now, the Rrajlan. Unlike the Shoijel who live in the intermediate equatorial zones, a green and warm climate, the Rrajlan are in the equator next to the center of Omialia. The center being known in their tongue as the Alunakan (basically translating to “bad dark”). This region where they live is dark, cold, and full of ice and snow. A tangent for a little context of the climate of Omialia, there are two suns that orbit around the ball of clustered planetoids. They are actually more often at the poles of Omialia instead of the equator, making the poles a desert climate, while the equator at the surface is warm, but still green. While you go deeper within Omialia however, the light from the suns are blocked more and more by the planetoids, making things get darker and colder, thus the equatorial region around the alunakan is the coldest region other than the Alunakan itself, where no light can reach. Back to the Rrajlan, they actually associate blackness to health and purity. This is because they live in a land of snow, where white is very common and mundane to them. However they eventually discover the health and cleansing benefits of charcoal (yes, pure charcoal can really help detox the body in correct doses if you weren’t aware.) Charcoal when refined through fire, becomes a pure black. It is created through a purifying process, has purifying capabilities, and has a coloration seen nowhere else to them but the thick blanket of the Alunakan where no one dare venture. They see blackness as a symbol of purity, but not necessarily of goodness, as again, there is the Alunakan, something they very much recognize as having some degree of malevolence, for it is the bad dark, pure, but pure in its evil nature. In this belief in purity and refinement, common greetings among them can come off as insults to outsiders. One common farewell is “may your journey be long and painful”. This is not to wish harm to the recipient, but instead to wish for things that will help them grow character, being refined into something pure as wood to charcoal.

Next, the Verna. The Verna are close relatives to the Shoijel. They live on the equatorial surface, and actually have strict religious traditions that they are to never be underneath a planetoid relative to the surface, and they must also always be living tangent to the surface. They must always be able to be where the sun will come. You can often feel an air of pretension from the Verna. They enjoy competitive academia, and often like to boast of it to their neighbors the Shoijel, trying to one up them with any achievement. Such as the Shoijel number system, the Verna decided to trash that and make a system based off of the prime numbers, making multiplication comically easy, but addition… (This actually has to do with the abc conjecture, which is an open problem in mathematics today), well, addition may very well be impossible, but they tend to ignore that detail, still boasting about the efficiency of the way they do things. Though sometimes even some of the best Vernan scholars will occasionally use Shoijel notation, but they almost never admit it.

The Shal’le is the last one I’ll talk about for now, and they’re the ones I mentioned earlier. While the previous three are of various human ethnicity, the Shal’le split off from humanity a long time ago, in the end of the first era actually, but that’s a story for another day. So you know how we have one linear track of thought? Well, the Shal’le basically have two independent tracks of thought. They are still one individual, one mind and soul, yet they almost seem and act like two. Their opposite sides usually manifest in different personalities and preferences. Think like a whole race and culture of people with multiple personality disorder and split mind. This influences everything around their culture, development, values, and language.  The majority of Shal’le languages implement this idea of dual lines of thought. S”halek for example is a tongue where there is one line of speech, with a whole other line of speech encoded into it. Because of how their brains work, they can speak S”halek and have two completely unrelated conversations at the same time. The potential of what they can do with their mind is great, but imagine the difficulty to make even basic decisions. One side of you might want an apple, while the other may want an orange, what do you do. This actually leads to intense family values. A child must be taught how to become a self diplomat, otherwise they will never be able to have even basic survival function. This self mastery is called Rrachelek, and once achieved, is celebrated with a coming of age ceremony. Humans may value parenthood, but it is life and death for the Shal’le ten fold. Unfortunately, it is quite common for humans to kidnap shal’le children and sell them to slavery. This is because they make the perfect slave. When young, or never reaching Rrachelek, they can’t make any basic decisions to even function, so they can easily be controlled and manipulated, yet they have incredible brain compacity, can learn and translate many different languages, can multitask, ect.

They have a great presence throughout the eras, and just imagine the different branches that could develop from them. One eventual practice that could develop is a lack of need of sleep. They’re awake on one side of their mind while the other rests, then they switch. Now what if some divine intervention we don’t need to discuss right now came in, and basically split these spirits into their two halves, placing them where they will never find one another. One just becomes nothing but a dream to the other… So they become the people of the fifth era, although I think other manipulations will be made to include other human lines, but I think the reason of be of fault of the Shal’le.

So that’s all my favorite and most developed cultures right now. What do you think? Any questions? I still haven’t touched on so many things like lore and magic systems, I’ll only talk about that if your interested. Speaking of which, what about your world, it’s a portal fantasy, so magic is clearly involved, and you mentioned you prefer hard worldbuilding, do you have a hard magic system developed?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

-GRCR-
                    @grcr

@thearcaneaxiom

I really love the depth of your cultures! It all sounds so cool, and I am definitely still interested! How did you come up with your conlang? I really like it!

Oof… well… no. We haven’t developed a magic system… and we, well, most likely won’t……… I kinda have to figure out where the portals came from….. lol.    I actually feel like I have a TON to develop still, lol.

TheArcaneAxiom
                      @thearcaneaxiom

@grcr

I really love the depth of your cultures! It all sounds so cool, and I am definitely still interested! How did you come up with your conlang? I really like it!

Thanks! Which one?😅 They each have their own, though I’m assuming you mean Lasi’el? Lasi’el is the most developed of my languages, and one of my favorites. I wanted a language made of purely soft consonants, with the one exception of the ” ‘ ” in-between vowels, notating a glottal stop. A glottal stop by the way isn’t too much of an English sound, but it can be found in a few places, like when you say uh oh, you don’t say uhoh, there’s this distinct stop noise in-between, the glottal stop. So when you say Lasi’el, it’s pronounced as Lasee-(hard stop)-el. Once I figured that out, I simply worked out a grammar structure (OVS), thought of a general guideline where nouns typically begin and end in consonants, or closed syllables, and verbs begin and end with open vowels in order to maintain a more consistent alternation between vowels and consonants, making it sound more smooth. I also created a suffix system where most nouns are a verb with a suffix. Like the word for “person” or “man” would be sho’em, which is derived from esho sem. Esho meaning “to think” and sem is a noun suffix that basically means “moving thing”, so the word for human is literally “moving thing that thinks”, vs the word for animal being jioshe’em, from ajioshe sem, “moving thing that walks”. Interesting that while humans obviously walk as well, yet the Shoijel think of thought as what sets them apart from the animals. I then connected it to the culture, and let the values of the culture I developed form into the way the language was spoken, and went on from there.

Oof… well… no. We haven’t developed a magic system… and we, well, most likely won’t……… I kinda have to figure out where the portals came from….. lol.    I actually feel like I have a TON to develop still, lol.

That’s alright😂 Don’t worry about having it all figured out. You don’t need a magic system for a good story, and you don’t need to know everything about everything, the secret is to make it look like you know everything about everything! not the principle of the iceberg, but the principle of the iceberg with a big hole underneath🤣

-GRCR-
                        @grcr

@thearcaneaxiom

lol 😉 I see.

heh heh 😅

HighScribe
                          @highscribeofaetherium
                            • Total Posts: 2230

@thearcaneaxiom

Wow. WOW. How long did all this take you??

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Light
                            @lightoverdarkness6

@grcr

Cool! That was a cute story idea. 🙃

Aww thanks! 🥰 Yeah it was cute. My mom and a friend of mine both think that I would be good at writing children’s books, and I do want to write those too, so who knows, one day I might turn in into a children’s book 🙃😊

Yeah… very scary… I used to want to be a marine biologist, but I think I’d rather just work at a aquarium or zoo or something… where you can look at and care for the creatures without having to worry about the slight chance of running out of oxygen… 😶

Lol yes definitely 😶 I love the ocean…but not enough to risk my life going deep, deep, deep into it…plus I get claustrophobic anyway so I’m good lol 😉😅

#HugRikerSquad

TheArcaneAxiom
                              @thearcaneaxiom

@highscribeofaetherium

😅😅😅 About 3 years. since Covid really😂

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >