Hey, interesting internet strangers

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey, interesting internet strangers

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@Emma-flournoy You really should. I’ve only seen him in the Avengers, but he is a pretty good villain. He’s always having fun with his opponents, being charming and relatable, and making psychologically adept observations. That and he wants to take over the world and have everyone serve him. Pretty cool guy.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Elizabeth
      @that_writer_girl_99
        • Total Posts: 1819

Wait, does that mean you’ve never seen the actual Thor movies? Shame on you @daeus

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Ethryndal
        @ethryndal
          • Total Posts: 1013

@daeus Your idea of cool and my idea of cool match up perfectly. XD

@graciegirl
          Shh! No, don’t agree with them! I practically had Emma convinced the other way! (At least, in my mind…)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Ethryndal.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@Daeus COOl. Sounds like you. XD @Ethryndal thinks he’s headed for a redemption arc. And also T. Hiddleston is an INCREDIBLE actor, which only exacerbates it. We recently watched him in BBC adaptions of Henry IV and Henry V—first things I’d seen him in with a major major role. REALLY REALLY AMAZING. The crazy emotion he manages to portray, and so expressive. It’s really wow. I know you don’t watch movies much, but you should watch those. The Hollow Crown.
            The original Henry V movie w/Kenneth Branagh is still incredible though, and I like ’em both in different ways.

Daeus
            @daeus

@emma-flournoy

Sounds like you.

Okay, maybe I can fit that movie in. We’ll see.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Daeus.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy

@Daeus Oh. Well that settles it.

It’s more than one though. A series of Shakespeare king plays called The Hollow Crown collectively. “Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown”… give ear, Loki.
                Yeah.

Daeus
                @daeus

@emma-flournoy A whole series??? *turns pale green* I don’t have time for that!

Seriously, where do the rest of you find time to watch movies?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy

@Daues well…it’s only four movies…well, no it’s not. But the ones we’ve seen so far are. I know there are more to it, but… At least do Henry IV (which has 2 parts) and Henry V. If you have time. Those are the best. And if you don’t, at least do Henry IV. The first one, Richard II, is important for backstory and is incredibly well done, but a little slow and not just something to go crazy over. There isn’t really any character to root for either. But the Henry ones… 😮 Must. We haven’t seen the rest yet. And honestly you probably get more reading done than the rest of us from your lack of watching movies. 😛

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy

ISFJ traits:
                      .A mixture of sensitivity and strong analysis. This also describes and ENFJ perfectly. Yep.
                      Reserved, though good with interacting with people and building friendships. This is very close to an ENFJ. They aren’t so much reserved though as a bit shy at first and serious enough about their relationships to get tired or frustrated when nothing really important happens.
                      I fit more with ENFJ on this one.
                      .Perfectionist. This is mainly just your turbulence showing through. ENFJ’s aren’t really defined by perfectionism, I think, but because they really value their public image, this tends to be a characteristic of theirs. I’m an extreme perfectionist—because I am, and also because of value for public image. Add turbulence to that, and I guess it’s some of both.
                      .Need to learn to say no. Definitely an ENFJ trait. Um yes.
                      .Supportive. VERY ENFJ Yes.
                      .Reliable and patient. This is pretty much an ENFJ. They’re not always this way with themselves, but when they’re invested in someone, definitely. Yep.
                      .Imaginative and observant. Yes, this is an ENFJ. The description for this on the 16personalities website though makes this sound more like a sympathetic quality. I’m just one ENFJ, but from my personal experience, I tend to be very empathetic, but not very sympathetic at all. So, it’s 50/50 on this one. Definitely that, esp. observant. I think it would go with being a sympathetic quality more w/me than w/you, probably ’cause I’m a girl.
                      .Enthusiastic. ENFJ. WAY.
                      .Loyal and hard working. ENFJ, though this is more due to their enthusiasm and long term vision than their actual loyalty. I think I’m more of the former in this one—actual loyalty, though some of both.
                      .Good practical skills. Can do the mundane if needed. This doesn’t really define ENFJs. They can be practical, but they don’t like mundane things. More the former on this too. I don’t do mundane things because I like doing them, but because they need doing and if no one else is doing them then someone needs to and so I will. And very practical.
                      .Humble and shy. Um, no. ENFJs can certainly be shy for extroverts, but it’s not a defining quality. And they are not humble, at least in the sense that they like people to praise them. A toss-up on this one. Shy more in the manner of an ENFJ, and humble as a mix. I need appreciation and to know people think well of me, but it’s not like I’m gonna be high and proud if someone praises me. Just happy, and at least appear humble about it. 😛
                      .Taking things too personally. Not exactly. ENFJs tend to be very hard to offend, I think. They can doubt themselves easily though. Both. I don’t take things too personally most of the time, unless it’s someone being flippant about something I really mean or care about.
                      .Overload themselves. It depends. *facepalm* YES.
                      .Reluctant to change. Not really. Some of both I think.
                      .Too altruistic. Some times. Yeah…

General notes:
                      .As far as parenting stereotypes, ENFJs are a lot stricter, which I think you’d be. You’ll know best, but Daeuses thinks so.
                      I think you’re right. Not strict in an overbearing way, but not brooking disobedience. Firm but nice about it. At least that’s what I’d like to think.
                      .As a beta reader, you act more like an ENFJ. You’re a visionary and have a way of adding a lot of caveats in your comments, which at least I know I do all the time. Caveats? What caveats? You’re kidding. *wheeze* Yep.
                      .You certainly act like a Fe dominant. Yeah. Except for the part about constantly seeking social interaction.
                      .You’re manipulative. 😛 Yep, Daeus has seen it. Manipulative visionary. It’s so ENFJ. Oh-ho is that so? *deliberates* Yeah… Daeus has seen correctly. Ask my little siblings. XD But I’m nice about it. Also I wouldn’t immediately term myself a visionary, or the other things ENFJs are known for in that realm…being charismatic leaders and all that. If I’m the only leader in the room, yeah I’ll take charge, but if there’s someone else I trust to do the leading then I’m just gonna lead in the background.

What it seems like is, I’m ISFJ dominant in regard to work and that like, but ENFJ for emotional and intellectual stuff. (And if this has anything to do with it, my top three thingies on the Enneagram a few months ago were, in this order, Helfulness (2 I think), Orderliness (1), and Intellectualism (5).)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Emma Flournoy.
                      Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy

URGH. @Daeus

Daeus
                        @daeus

@emma-flournoy Oh, yeah. I forgot that guys are people haters. “You just lost your arm? Man, that’s really too bad. Did you try bandaging it? I hear that helps.”

(My name is really hard to spell, btw, so don’t worry about it.)

Yeah, and ENFJs don’t normally act proud. In fact, people normally think of them as a whole lot more humble than they actually are. Except, if you’re an ENFJ like me, acting arrogant is really fun so you do it as a therapy (and to manipulate people). Also, here’s the thing about ENFJs being manipulative. They know they can get their way even if they’re not in control, so if there’s a strong leader in the room they back down and let the other guy make the orders.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                          @daeus

And you’re a visionary, not so much in that you want to turn the world upside down, but in that you’re a visionary for your friends and family.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus
                            @daeus

That’s probably somewhat of a male/female difference if I had to guess.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Linyang Zhang
                              @devastate-lasting
                                • Total Posts: 1700

I had no idea Loki was an extrovert.

Well, since you guys have decided to use this topic as a chat about personals, I don’t mind.

*sits back and eats chocolate*

Lately, it's been on my brain
                                Would you mind letting me know
                                If hours don't turn into days

Elizabeth
                                @that_writer_girl_99
                                  • Total Posts: 1819

They tend to do this a lot. @devastate-lasting

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 148 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >