Hey, interesting internet strangers

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey, interesting internet strangers

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Daeus
    @daeus
      • Total Posts: 4238

@emma-flournoy Well, just because your functions are really close doesn’t mean much about your cognitive functions. For instance, you’re close on N and S. Both ENFJs and ISFJs have both an N and an S cognitive function though.

Currently, your estimation of yourself isn’t nailing one type, but it is definitely hinting strongly at one type.

Here’s one question for you. What do you do when you want to relax? You’ve been running things one way all day, doing whatever it is that excites you, but then you’ve done that type of activity or sought that type of goal too long and you want to do calm down. Say your turbulence is really getting you worried. How do you calm down? What do you do? Try to come up with several examples.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Gracie
      @graciegirl
        • Total Posts: 889

@Emma-Flournoy *is the happiest INFP in the world* 😀 😀

And mind if I jump in here?
        *jumps in* 😜

Your dominant cog function is going to be super easy to spot as you use it most often. Your second one should be rather obvious as well, but your tertiary and inferior functions (third and fourth) are a lot harder to pin down. Your tertiary function is used in times of stress and the inferior is what I’ve heard called “a rut”. Since it’s your least developed function using it is hard and wears you out really fast.
        All that just to say…
        When looking at a list of all the cog functions ony two will probably stand out to you. You said that Fe and kinda Ni did this. It’s feasible that those are your dominant and secondary functions respectively. 🙂
        The cog functions for an ENFJ are:
        Dom: Fe
        2nd: Ni
        Tertiary: Se
        Inferior: Ti
        Since the tertiary and inferior functions are so hard to spot it’s VERY difficult to guess them right by just reading through a list of all the cog functions, and as such, it doesn’t sound like too far of a stretch to say that you could mix up the i/e on the last two guesses. You might’ve know all the already. 😛 This is just my reasoning for why I think you’re an ENFJ. 😀

*is probably geeking out about something*

Elizabeth
        @that_writer_girl_99
          • Total Posts: 1819

Whoa. Did I miss something? I’m really intrigued but what are y’all talking about? @graciegirl @daeus

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Daeus
          @daeus

@that_writer_girl_99 We’re talking about cognitive functions. Check this out.

@emma-flournoy
            What @graciegirl said. I was hoping you’d figure the last two out with enough thought, but it could be hard to do if you don’t know yourself really really well.

Here are the functions for ISFJ and ENFJ.

ISFJ:
            Si
            Fe
            Ti
            Ne

ENFJ:
            Fe
            Ni
            Se
            Ti

So, the fact that Si didn’t pop out to you is a strong indication that you’re not an ISFJ. The fact that Fe did is a strong indication that you’re an ENFJ. The fact that you settled on Ni is also a strong indication that you are an ENFJ.

So, yes, you do appear to be an ENFJ and not an ISFJ.

More on this in a moment.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

*sits quietly in the background and learns cool stuff*

Elizabeth
              @that_writer_girl_99

Me too, Kate, me too.

@kate-flournoy

Daeus
                @daeus

So, @emma-flournoy, you said you see a lot of the ISFJ in yourself. Here are my thoughts on why the comparison between ISFJ and ENFJ traits.

ISFJ traits:
                  .A mixture of sensitivity and strong analysis. This also describes and ENFJ perfectly.
                  Reserved, though good with interacting with people and building friendships. This is very close to an ENFJ. They aren’t so much reserved though as a bit shy at first and serious enough about their relationships to get tired or frustrated when nothing really important happens.
                  .Perfectionist. This is mainly just your turbulence showing through. ENFJ’s aren’t really defined by perfectionism, I think, but because they really value their public image, this tends to be a characteristic of theirs.
                  .Need to learn to say no. Definitely an ENFJ trait.
                  .Supportive. VERY ENFJ
                  .Reliable and patient. This is pretty much an ENFJ. They’re not always this way with themselves, but when they’re invested in someone, definitely.
                  .Imaginative and observant. Yes, this is an ENFJ. The description for this on the 16personalities website though makes this sound more like a sympathetic quality. I’m just one ENFJ, but from my personal experience, I tend to be very empathetic, but not very sympathetic at all. So, it’s 50/50 on this one.
                  .Enthusiastic. ENFJ.
                  .Loyal and hard working. ENFJ, though this is more due to their enthusiasm and long term vision than their actual loyalty.
                  .Good practical skills. Can do the mundane if needed. This doesn’t really define ENFJs. They can be practical, but they don’t like mundane things.
                  .Humble and shy. Um, no. ENFJs can certainly be shy for extroverts, but it’s not a defining quality. And they are not humble, at least in the sense that they like people to praise them.
                  .Taking things too personally. Not exactly. ENFJs tend to be very hard to offend, I think. They can doubt themselves easily though.
                  .Overload themselves. It depends.
                  .Reluctant to change. Not really.
                  .Too altruistic. Some times.

General notes:
                  .As far as parenting stereotypes, ENFJs are a lot stricter, which I think you’d be. You’ll know best, but Daeuses thinks so.
                  .As a beta reader, you act more like an ENFJ. You’re a visionary and have a way of adding a lot of caveats in your comments, which at least I know I do all the time.
                  .You certainly act like a Fe dominant.
                  .You’re manipulative. 😛 Yep, Daeus has seen it. Manipulative visionary. It’s so ENFJ.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Gracie
                  @graciegirl

And speaking of ENFJs, I think I found another villain wih the type.
                    Lord Henry Wotton from The Picture of Dorian Gray…? He’s super-duper manipulative and very Fe/Ni-ish. Although, I’m not sure if he’s technically a villain. Thoughts anyone?

Ethryndal
                    @ethryndal
                      • Total Posts: 1013

You guys make my head hurt. XD

*cough cough* HELLO, @Devastate-Lasting! *shakes your hand* Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen, and don’t let the crazy MBTI fanatics scare you away! Though believe me, if you stick around this place long enough, you will know more about personality types than you ever dreamed was possible. Fair warning. 😉

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Daeus
                      @daeus

@graciegirl Oooooh! Now I really need to read that book.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Elizabeth
                        @that_writer_girl_99

Ah, yes, right. This was @devastate-lasting’s introductory page. Well…let me apologize for these crazies. At least they didn’t plague you with a million questions in the first few minutes. This mind-boggling head-scratcher is quite commonplace amidst our forum, but you’ll grow to love it.

Daeus
                          @daeus

@graciegirl Btw, Loki is an ENFJ. 😀

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy
                              • Total Posts: 1352

Whoa @Daeus that is some awesome stuff. One at a time. Lemme see.

What do you do when you want to relax? You’ve been running things one way all day, doing whatever it is that excites you, but then you’ve done that type of activity or sought that type of goal too long and you want to do calm down. Say your turbulence is really getting you worried. How do you calm down? What do you do? Try to come up with several examples.

Go read; play a few things on the piano to let out some tension (but not the violin ’cause that would likely make me even more depressed); or depending on how worried my turbulence is getting me, go plop down in an empty room to be alone with my depressed self and God. And hopefully calm down. But I’m not sure that would be considered ‘relaxing’. XD
                              Normally, if I’m not in a terrible mood, it’d just be some long quiet reading.

@GracieGirl
                              Wow, you know this stuff. That’s helpful…to some extent…I think. 😛 Fe definitely popped out at me, but Daeus, Si also kind of did. It wasn’t close with Se at least, and I agree with most of the stuff it said in there. I think that one’s mainly where I’m ISFJ…all the stuff about remembering things and attention to detail. It didn’t, however, pop out to me as strongly as Fe did. And with the Ni and Si, the Ni’s only on top by a little bit.
                              I’m getting to the ENFJ comparison post in a separate post.

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 1352

@Daeus LOKI IS AN ENFJ! Okay, I haven’t watched his movies but I’ve seen pics and read some about him, and I was trying to convince @Ethryndal that he was an ENFJ from what I knew. Cool. 😀 I want to watch him.

Gracie
                                @graciegirl

@Daeus Ooooh, I saw someone mention that a while back. At first I thought, “No, seriously? That makes absolutely no sense”. And then I went and rewatched the Thors and…yeppers, I think that he is ENFJ. I’m so excited about it for some reason! I keep giggling manically to myself whenever I think about it. And my poor brother and sister when I found out…XD

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 148 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >