Hey, interesting internet strangers

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey, interesting internet strangers

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 148 total)
  • Author
    Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting
      • Total Posts: 1700

@hopeann Separate stories connected with history.

@elizabeth Yes, I play the piano.

Lately, it's been on my brain
      Would you mind letting me know
      If hours don't turn into days

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@emma-flournoy Hmm. So which is the dominate type, do you think? Have you ever typed yourself by your cognitive functions?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Gracie
        @graciegirl
          • Total Posts: 889

@Devastate-Lasting Zikers, I’m mega-late but welcome to Kingdom Pen!!

35 books. Whoa. And I think I’m bonkers for having 3 ideas in the works. 😜 Good luck!

*is probably geeking out about something*

Emma Flournoy
          @emma-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 1352

@Daeus thank you for asking that ’cause I’m pretty confused about it myself. 😛 First off, what’s your take on the meaning of Turbulent and Assertive? Because for the longest time @Kate-Flournoy and I thought it meant you were more or less that type; if it came out ENFJ-A then you were almost completely ENFJ, but if ENFJ-T you were less ENFJ than just a mix of types, with ENFJ simply on top. But then when I took the test again a few weeks ago to get a look at my percentages I read this article. Which seems to make sense, and I’m definitely dominantly Turbulent by that reckoning. What do you think? Are there two definitions for Turbulent and Assertive?

Secondly, I’ve come to think ENFJ is on top. I’ve taken the test some…seven or eight times maybe, and the only result I’ve gotten more than once has been ENFJ-T. The others were, only once, ISFJ, INFJ, and ESFJ. All Turbulent I think. The reason I ever took it more than once is ’cause when I first took it and started reading my ENFJ results I didn’t think it sounded much like me, so I thought it must be wrong. But I’ve probably gotten ENFJ-T three or four times, as opposed to those others only once. BUT. Knowing much about each type now (including lots of ENFJ stuff that does sound like me), and looking at my percentages, I conclude I’m ENFJ-ISFJ. Of those types, parts of ENFJ and ISFJ seem most right. These were my percentages last time I took the test:

Extraverted, 57%, Introverted 43%.
            Intuitive 54%, Observant (Sensing) 46%.
            Feeling 69%, Thinking 31%.
            Judging 69%, Prospecting (Perceiving) 31%.

That sounds about right to me (except I thought I’d be more like 85-90% Judging), and as the E and N are so close with the I and S, I conclude I’m a mix. Having read about both, and knowing my own self, I conclude that my conclusion is accurate. XD Because I know I’m not just ENFJ or ISFJ. I have traits from both. But I think, to conclude this long answer to your short question, that ENFJ is dominant.

FINALLY. No, I haven’t tried cognitive function typing, because I don’t know much about that. There’s a book Kate’s been wanting to get on it, which I’ll want very much to read too.

If you can shine any clearer light on the mess I shall be rather glad. *touches bent finger to forehead*

J.A. Penrose
            @jess-penrose
              • Total Posts: 377

@Emma-Flournoy Woah. Can I quickly give my opinion?

I think your main thing here that’s not being taken into account, is that no one fits into a category 100%. I mean, we all have a certain amount of everything. So, we all have characteristics from all of the parts. So, Introversion, Extroversion, Intrusiveness, Observation, Feelings, Thinking, Judging, and Prospecting, all have different characteristics, and different combinations make some more obvious. So, it is mostly a method of putting together a whole heap of traits. So, there is no perfect fit.

In short- It is not possible for it to be 100% accurate as everyone has bits of different personalities.

*Bows* That’s all from me.

Writer | Freelance Editor
              Inspiration&lt

Emma Flournoy
              @emma-flournoy

@Jess-Penrose *bows back* *takes opinion*
                You’re preaching to the choir here. I’m constantly telling my siblings that sort of thing when they jump to conclusions about ‘all one thing’ in types. Drives me slightly nuts sometimes, therefore I apologize for driving you nuts. XD Yep, I totally agree. I was thinking this mightn’t just be that though ’cause the I/E N/S are so very close. It just doesn’t feel…honest? to say I’m either just ENFJ or ISFJ ’cause I know I’m enough not completely one or the other that it makes a difference. It’s slightly obsessive I guess. XD *shrugs* I dunno. But hey, thanks for giving your opinion! 😀

Daeus
                @daeus

@emma-flournoy Ah, that’s a neat article. It makes much more sense that way. You mean to tell me Kate was wrong? Zikers, what’s gotten into her?

Now, the one thing I want to know is the exact difference between feeling like an A/T and acting like an A/T. Historically, I’ve both felt and acted like an A. nowadays though, I feel like a T and act like an A. It’s like my mind really wants to accomplish things non-stop, but my personality’s like, “cool down!” It creates a lot of friction within myself.

Now, I personally suspect you are predominantly one type. The reason why is because of the cognitive functions. Here’s just one example. The primary function of an ISFJ is sensing-introverted, but that isn’t one of the four main functions of an ENFJ at all! It miiiiggghhhtt be possible that you have a really bipolar personality, but it makes much more sense that your type simply has a lot of overlap with another type. I personally think you’re an ENFJ who acts in many ways like an ISFJ.

To type yourself by your functions, don’t take an online test. I just did and I got INTP. Haha! Um, no. Read the eight cognitive functions and choose the four you think you mainly are. (This will be one of each function, either extroverted or introverted, so you won’t have, say, two Ss — just one Si or one Se).

Let me know what you come up with. 🙂

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

J.A. Penrose
                  @jess-penrose
                    • Total Posts: 377

@Emma-Flournoy …Did you just say ‘preaching to the choir’? *Googles* Oh, right.
                    Well, all I can say is that that’s a relief. : P

Writer | Freelance Editor
                    Inspiration&lt

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy

@Daeus END OF THE WORLD I GUESS. 😮
                      I know, it’s super neat. And that’s funny what you said nowadays though, I feel like a T and act like an A. because I was trying to guess which you were and it seemed like you were both, and in that manner. Coolio. But I don’t know what the difference is either; all I know about it is what I read in that article. There needs to be more to it or something. I do know for sure though that I both feel and act…too much…like a T. Eh well.

Now another thing—is there really such a thing as a bipolar type? Like, for real? Or is that just something we assume is a thing because it seems plausible? I’ve never read anything about it, I don’t think… But what’s the difference between being bipolar and having a lot—a very lot—of overlap w/another type? If you have enough overlap with that other type that it seems like it’s the other half of your personality, how do you know the difference? I do agree ENFJ is dominant though. It just seems really weird to call myself ENFJ when I have such an ISFJ part to me too. *rubs fist in eyes* Lemme see about that cognitive function thing. *goes and reads the thing*

*comes back real quick* I think that’s going to take me a bit to understand. No way I’m posting about it before I understand it. I’ll go ahead and post this and come back in a bit.

@Jess-Penrose
                      Heh, yep. Preaching to the choir. 😀 (And Google is the most amazing thing.)

Daeus
                      @daeus

@emma-flournoy You know, I really don’t know if bipolars really exist. You can have bipolar moods at least…

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@Daeus DAH! This is so tough. Um…it’s like most of them are tied with each other! *groan* Let’s see. The only one that was like BOOM that’s definitely me was Fe, Extraverted Feeling.
                          Okay. For Introverted or Extraverted iNtuiting, it’s so close!! but if I had to choose I’d go with Ne. The difference between Extraverted and Introverted Thinking is even worse; they’re so very close. I really can’t choose between them, but just by the tiniest bit I’ll go with Te.
                          And…between Extraverted and Introverted Sensing, Si is definitely closer.

And I really have no idea what that means in relation to how the MBTI type would fit together, so you’ll have to explain. But ENFJs are good at explaining.

And bipolar moods…oh YES.

Daeus
                          @daeus

@emma-flournoy Okay. Tell you what. Talk with @kate-flournoy about this. Maybe that will help you come to a firmer decision. I don’t want to give you an analysis with you being so uncertain.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy

Eheh-heh…but she doesn’t know much about cognitive functions either. @Daeus @Kate-Flournoy It’s sad.

Elizabeth
                              @that_writer_girl_99
                                • Total Posts: 1819

@daeus Did you really say “zikers” a few posts above?

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 3976

@Daeus *freaks out* NO! I’M NOT READY! I HAVE TO GET IT STRAIGHT IN MY HEAD FIRST! 😛

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >