Hey everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey everyone!

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Felicity
    @felicity
      • Total Posts: 811

@mackenzie

Hmm…I don’t remember a certain instance but it seems I always have trouble making sure things are cooked properly. Our oven is finicky. Stuff looks like it’s cooked and then when I cut it open it’s squishy. 🙁

What genres do you write?

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Mackenzie
      @mackenzie
        • Total Posts: 34

@felicity

Misbehaving ovens are a pain! Ours likes to overcook one side and undercook the other. It has quite the contrary personality.😄 Yours sounds like a bit of a trickster.

I used to mainly write historical fiction, but I’ve been dipping my toes into the fantasy genre lately. Two vastly different writing experiences, but I suppose I like fantasy with a historical feel.

What genres do you write? Do you ever include romance? (Writers seem to have passionate feelings about this!) I’m trying to convince myself that I can make two people fall in love, but I’m not sure if that’s true.😄

Felicity
        @felicity

@mackenzie

Yes, misbehaving ovens are tough to deal with. Thankfully ours has been pretty good lately. *pats oven kindly* 🙂

I love writing and reading Historical Fiction!! It takes me a lot longer to write though because of all the research. I have yet to finish a Hisfic project but I have a couple started. My current project is YA contemporary romance. So yes, I do include romance. I didn’t use to, but it crept into my writing and I’ve fully embraced it by now. (pun intended. 😄)

How long have you been writing romantic plots or sub-plots and do you have any tips? Because I’m afraid I’m not very good at it.

Mackenzie
          @mackenzie

@felicity

Ah, the dreaded curse of historical fiction research! Sometimes it offers a gold mine, other times it’s wasting half an hour trying to find out what shoe polish smelled like two hundred years ago.

I don’t know if you should take romance writing advice from me!😄 (So read this at your own risk.😉) In the project I’m currently working on, I’d intended for my MC to fall in love with one character, but realized she had better romantic chemistry with someone else and changed my plans. I’m writing a POV I wasn’t expecting, and love it.❤️ My tip would be to be to hold your plans loosely and change them if it feels right. Do you have any romance writing tips yourself?

A YA contemporary romance sounds fun!! Could I ask what it’s about?🙂

Felicity
            @felicity

@mackenzie

Indeed research for Historical Fiction is tedious. It’s so worth it though. I’ve been reading the Zion Covenant series by Body Thoene and they are beautifully written and extremely accurate. I think some people use them as History books. 😉 I want to write like that.

(Thanks for the disclaimer 😄). That’s a good tip though! It’s hard for me to change as a writer. Once I’ve written a plot point I tend to want to stick to it pretty hard, even if the story would be better without it or with something else in it’s place. Thank you for the advice. I will certainly keep that in mind.

I don’t really have any tips since I’m very much a beginner at this. 🙂 I don’t have any personal romantic experience to go off of, but some of my older siblings do, so I run things by them sometimes to make sure I’m being realistic.

You’re very welcome to ask about my WIP! It’s about a girl named Marian Andrews who is trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life. She’s scared of growing up, especially since a lot of young people around her are ruining their lives before their twentieth birthdays. When she falls in love with an out-spoken Christian, she can’t understand why he’s so passionate about his faith. Through the ups and downs that follow Marian finds not only true love but the love of Jesus as well. And because she finds Jesus, she realizes that she doesn’t have to be afraid of adulthood.

What’s your WIP about?

Mackenzie
              @mackenzie

@felicity

I’ve heard of the Covenant Series. I’ll have to add it to my TBR pile.🙂 Have you ever read The White Rose Resists by Amanda Barratt? (Unsolicited book recommendation alert!😄) It takes place in the same time period, and is about the true story of two siblings, Hans and Sophie Scholl, who refused to do nothing in the face of Hitler’s actions. The author also adds two original characters, making a fascinating mixture of fiction and fact. You might enjoy the history of it and the elements of faith.❤️

Do you tend to heavily plan your writing projects? I admire strong plotters!😊 I never like the way what I plan turns out. I’m just rubbish at coming up with ideas that make sense together, apparently. Do you have any advice on how to plot well?

It’s awesome that you can run what you’ve written by your siblings! (Siblings are great!) My siblings are as single as I am, so we’re very much the shy, awkward blind leading the blind. 😄

Your WIP sounds lovely! You strike me as a person who creates heart-felt, meaningful stories.❤️ Are you planning for Marian to be homeschooled? Will she be a complete stranger to the gospel, or will she have a surface-level faith? How does she meet the guy she falls in love with? (If you don’t mind questions! Don’t feel like you have to answer.)

I’m very bad at describing my WIPs, so have mercy on me.😄 While considering trying my hand at writing fantasy, I was intrigued by the idea of making magic evil. A villain of sorts. And then break the rules and give my character magic against her will. She hates herself for something outside of her control, unleashing a flurry of emotions and events I really wanted to dive into.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >