Hey everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Mackenzie
    @mackenzie
      • Total Posts: 34

Hello, I’m Mackenzie.😊

I discovered my love of writing when my siblings and I challenged one another to write a short story and read it out loud. They didn’t boo and throw rotten tomatoes at me (astonishingly), so I took it as a sign to keep going.

I dabble in writing historical fiction and fantasy, but don’t ask which is my favorite. They’re both a blast and a curse for their own reasons.😄

I’m excited to meet all of you lovelies! ❤️

Smiley
      @smiley
        • Total Posts: 2179

@mackenzie

Hey!!!!! I’m Smiley (my real name is Miley) I’m a Christian homeschooled girl who loves writing. I’m currently writing three stories two are fanfiction and the other one is my original novel which is a sci-fi dystopian Christian book. I also love softball exercising and stretching, and I’m also a Marvel fan girl.

anyways here are some questions

Favorite book?

Do you have a WIP? If so what is it about?

Favorite movie?

Favorite show?

Do you like Marvel?

Have you written any Fan fics?

Do you make Aesthetic boards?

And I’ll also tag a few people

@esther-c
        @thearcaneaxiom @hybridlore  @kyronthearcanin @keilah-h @freedomwriter76 @loopylin @godlyfantasy12 @felicity @janellebelovedpig @otherworldlyhistorian @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings and anyone else

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

hybridlore
        @hybridlore
          • Total Posts: 1359

@mackenzie

Welcome!!! I’m hybridlore, also a Christian homeschooled teen girl who loves writing 😂, and you already sound hilarious so I’m sure we’ll get along great!! 😅

Aside from writing, I play the violin, love to read, and sometimes do art! 😉

Some questions –

Personality type?

Favorite books?

What’s your favorite thing about writing?

Would you rather live in a treehouse or an underground bunker?

Aand that’s about it for me, so again welcome to KP!!! I can’t wait to see you around!! ♥️♥️

@kyronthearcanin
          @orangearmadillo @crocheter12 @hannahn @autumnlily @

There is always light behind the clouds.
          - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Mackenzie
          @mackenzie

Hey Smiley! (or Miley) Nice to meet you!😊

Christian sci-fi dystopian is such an awesome genre(s)! And fanfiction? Cool! What are your two fanfics based off of? I’ve never been brave enough to try my hand at the genre myself.

I confess, I’ve never been able to choose a favorite book. I have favorite authors, like Joanna Davidson Politino, Sharon Hinck, and Jaime Jo Wright. Oh, and I can’t forget about Jane Austen. I don’t know if I’m indecisive, or just overly loyal to all of my book darlings.😄 Have you been able to choose?

I do have a WIP that’s definitely teaching me how to write! I’m hopeless at explaining my ideas, but I suppose the gist is I wanted magic itself to be a sort of villain. And I wanted my main character to be cursed with it.

My favoritest movie would have to be the 2017 BBC Little Women. Favorite show is a harder one. I adore cozy murder mystery series. Especially the British ones. How about you?

I do like Marvel! Tom Holland’s Spiderman is my favorite hero. Who’s your favorite marvel character? (I see your profile pic. Into the Spider verse blew me away with how good it was!)

I’ve yet to attempt an aesthetic board, but I think they’re really cool!

Mackenzie
            @mackenzie

Hi hybridlore! 🙃

The violin is so beautiful! And seems hard to master, I’m impressed!😉 My musical talents amount to one year of piano lessons and learning Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the recorder. (A valuable life skill, as you can imagine.😄)

What genres are your favorite to read? What do you like writing? What type of art do you do?

Whenever I take the Myers Briggs test, my results are always different. But I can tell you that I’m 100% introverted. What’s your personality type?

I love ‘Finding Lady Emberly’ by Joanna Davidson Politino, ‘The Reckoning at Gossamer Pond’ by Jaime Jo Wright, and ‘Hidden Current’ by Sharon Hinck. What are some of your favorites?

I love how words can take something ugly and painful and turn it into something beautiful. I love describing emotions, and finding ways to make them come to life. What’s your favorite thing about writing?

A tree house sounds more fun to live in, but an underground bunker sounds safer. I have secret dreams of becoming the mysterious recluse who lives in the woods, though, so I’d have to say treehouse.😄 Which would you choose?

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3213

@mackenzie

Hello and welcome to Kingdom Pen!!

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!!

Now for some questions!

1. Do you prefer coffee, tea, or neither?

2. Would you rather go zip lining or bungee cord jumping?

3. What’s your favorite OC (original character) to write and why?

Nice to meet you and see ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Mackenzie
                @mackenzie

Hello Esther!😊

Volleyball is so fun! Do you play on a team? I too am dog obsessed!❤️ I have two puppies of my own. Do you have any pets?

I agree with the group of people who claim that coffee is hot bean water. (I hope I don’t offend anyone!😄) I prefer hot leaf water, personally.😉 But hot chocolate has to be my greatest weakness. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Or is your go to something else entirely?

Zip lining sounds much less traumatic than bungee jumping, but I’ve got quite a massive fear of heights. I’ve tried to talk myself out of it, but apparently I’m a bad listener.😄 Have you done either? What would you rather do?

I love to write protective main characters. Maybe that comes from being a proud older sister. How about you?

Nice to meet you too!

Light Warrior Pen
                  @light-warrior-pen
                    • Total Posts: 103

@mackenzie

Hey! I’m Light Warrior Pen, Romantic Suspense writer and a dabbler in most genres. Welcome!

Funny … my writing beginnings are kind of the same as yours. I figured I had a good thing going when my family got all excited over my writing.

Questions:

Do you like to incorporate romance in your works?

What’s your favorite character that you’ve created?

If you could emulate any author, who would it be?

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

hybridlore
                    @hybridlore
                      • Total Posts: 1359

@mackenzie

Hey! I have a few minutes, so I’ll just go and answer these 🙂

The violin is so beautiful! And seems hard to master, I’m impressed!😉 My musical talents amount to one year of piano lessons and learning Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the recorder. (A valuable life skill, as you can imagine.😄)

Yeah!! I love the sound of the violin, but it’s definitely hard!! 😅

What genres are your favorite to read? What do you like writing? What type of art do you do?

Science fiction! And dystopian, fantasy, historical, and contemporary 😂 But science fiction is my favorite

Whatever idea sounds interesting to me!! 😉 I love creating new worlds and planets, alternate futures, and I’m obsessed with spaceships . . . 😆

Drawing, sketching, and sometimes painting 🙂 Do you like art?

Whenever I take the Myers Briggs test, my results are always different. But I can tell you that I’m 100% introverted. What’s your personality type?

Awesome!! I’m an INTP 😉 and I would say I’m about 80% introverted, so we’ve got that in common!

I love ‘Finding Lady Emberly’ by Joanna Davidson Politino, ‘The Reckoning at Gossamer Pond’ by Jaime Jo Wright, and ‘Hidden Current’ by Sharon Hinck. What are some of your favorites?

Oh cool!! 😁 I’ve actually never heard of those, but they sound interesting!! Maybe I’ll check them out!

My favorites are probably the lunar Chronicles, hunger games, Fawkes and Romanov by Nadine brandes, and skyward by Brandon sanderson.

I love how words can take something ugly and painful and turn it into something beautiful. I love describing emotions, and finding ways to make them come to life. What’s your favorite thing about writing?

Yes exactly!!! I think my favorite thing is that you can create worlds out of nothing, if that makes sense 😁

A tree house sounds more fun to live in, but an underground bunker sounds safer. I have secret dreams of becoming the mysterious recluse who lives in the woods, though, so I’d have to say treehouse.😄 Which would you choose?

Oh awesome 😂 The mysterious writer who no one ever sees . . .but seems to live in those woods. Sounds like the plot of a book!!! XD

I would probably pick treehouse too! 😉

Maybe that comes from being a proud older sister.

And that’s awesome!! I’m an older sister too 😆 How many siblings do you have?

There is always light behind the clouds.
                      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Allison
                      @acancello
                        • Total Posts: 838

@mackenzie

Welcome! I’m Acancello! I’m homeschooled and  I love guinea pigs, dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😁! I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen! OK, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not already asked questions 🙂

What’s your favorite book series?

Do you like to do any sports? If not, do you have any other activities you like to do?

How often do you like to write?

Hope you love KP!!

Mackenzie
                        @mackenzie

Hey Light Warrior Pen! (Cool name, btw)

Romantic suspense? Nice! I love the combination of the two.😊

Family members are fantastic cheerleaders, aren’t they? They’ve convinced me several times that maybe what I’ve written doesn’t deserve to be buried in a shallow grave.😄

I have tried to I corporate romance in my works. Tried.😆 I laugh my head off whenever I read it. I don’t have much romantic experience to draw off of, and it shows. But I’m not giving up on it. (Which might be a terrible plan.) I hope I’ll learn how to master the art of romance through trial and error.

My favorite character that I’ve created …hmm…maybe my character Stella? She’s awkward in some situations, confident in others. Clever, witty, kind, and a little mischievous. Her dialogue is so fun to write, my mind immediately jumped to her. How about you? What’s a favorite character that you’ve created?

Joanna Davidson Politano’s writing is so lyrical and deep and tender. She can create such breathtaking atmosphere. I’d emulate her if I could. What author would you like to emulate?

Mackenzie
                          @mackenzie

Hi Acancello!

You have so many awesome interests! I love dogs too😊 (though, regrettably, I’ve never met a guinea pig). Do you have any pets? What’s the weirdest food you’ve tried…and liked?

A book series that holds a particularly special place in my heart is The Kingdom Series by Chuck Black. Those audiobooks are part of some of my favorite childhood memories, and I still love listening to them. Do you have a favorite book series?

I once heard a joke about Ultimate Frisbee being a sport for scrawny, unathletic people…so conclude what you will when I admit that it’s the only sportish thing I ever involve myself in.😄 Other than that, I like walks with my dogs and hikes in cold weather. Fo you do any sports or activities?

I try to write a little every day, even if it’s just a measly paragraph, but that doesn’t always happen. How about you?

Nice to meet you!

Allison
                            @acancello
                              • Total Posts: 838

@mackenzie

I do have one tiny westie dog named Lucy and 2 guinea pigs named tea and crumpets. We are also getting chickens, roosters, ducks and eventually pigs! They are farm animals, but I count them all as pets 🙂

The weirdest food I have ever tried? Maybe a scorpion? It was inside of a lollipop, does that count?And it tastes pretty good! I have so many though, its hard to pick the weirdest.

I dont really play sports, I just like to run around our property and make up games with friends. I haven’t played Ultimate Frisbee, but I would call that a sport.

I try to write as much as I can when I find time, haven’t written to much lately, but someday… 😀

Mackenzie
                              @mackenzie

@acancello

Westies are so cute!😍 And Tea and Crumpets have to be the most adorable names for two guinea pigs!❤️ I have small dogs too, and I bet you’d agree that they make the best cuddle buddies.😊

I would never have the stomach to consume a scorpion, so kudos to you! It must have been strange to experience that texture in a lollipop.😄

Have fun with your chickens, roosters, ducks, and pigs! (Sounds chaotic, but loads of fun!😁)

Mackenzie
                                @mackenzie

@hybridlore

Ah, so you’re a shameless genre hopper of a reader too?😉 Nadine Brandes has been on my tbr list for quite a while, I’ll have to give Romanov and Fawkes by her a try!❤️ And the other ones you mentioned. I bet they’re great!

Spaceships? What a cool, cool obsession to have! New worlds and planets and alternative futures are tricky to come up with, let me just give your vivid imagination a round of applause!💕

The artsiest thing I’ve ever done has been to paint…paintings…(😄eloquent, I know) to put up on my bedroom wall. It’s mostly just smeared and mixed paint and very impressionistic flowers, but I used my favorite colors and found canvases in just the right size. What types of things do you like to draw/sketch/paint?

It’s lovely to meet a fellow older sister.😊 I only have two siblings, but they’ve always been my best friends. One sister and one brother. How many siblings do you have?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >