Hey everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    hybridlore
    @hybridlore
      • Total Posts: 1359

@mackenzie

Thanks!!! 😆 Let’s see, I was just in an art class and I really liked our portraits project (which was kind of more like creating a paint by number of a face and then filling it in) and I just did some flowers a few weeks ago 😊

Awesome!! 🙂 I was actually considering attempting a mural in my room once we move 😅 I’ve never done anything that big, though, so it would be a … challenge XD

Oh my goodness girl I have the exact same!! 🤩 That’s so crazy!!! My brother is 11 and my sister is about to be 13, how old are yours??

There is always light behind the clouds.
      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Faith
      @awsumfaith
        • Total Posts: 239

@mackenzie

Heyo! I’m AwsumFaith, a Christian teen girl who loves writing fantasy, drawing, singing, and obsessing over my favorite movies XD. Including but not limited to Marvel and HTTYD.

I see everyone else has asked you a ton of questions so I won’t ask any more.

Your WIP sounds cool! I’ll look forward to hearing more about it!

Hope to see you around!

"does anyone have any good ideas?"
        "Oh yeah, but none for this"

Esther
        @esther-c
          • Total Posts: 3213

@mackenzie

Volleyball is so fun! Do you play on a team?

Yep, I am! I love doing it!! 😊

I too am dog obsessed!❤️ I have two puppies of my own. Do you have any pets?

Awesome 😉 Aww, adorable!! 🥰 My family has a Siberian husky named Bandit. He frequently gets the “zoomies” but he can also be very lazy. 😂 (And he doesn’t really bark at other animals… 😐😂 He’s actually not super talkative for a husky in general. Which at times is nice and other times not so much. XD)

I agree with the group of people who claim that coffee is hot bean water. (I hope I don’t offend anyone!😄) I prefer hot leaf water, personally.😉 But hot chocolate has to be my greatest weakness. Are you a coffee or tea drinker? Or is your go to something else entirely?

Ah, I gotcha. 😉 I am definitely a coffee drinker. Though I prefer frappes above all other ways coffee is made. 😋 I also like tea, I just have to be in the mood for it. XD

Zip lining sounds much less traumatic than bungee jumping, but I’ve got quite a massive fear of heights. I’ve tried to talk myself out of it, but apparently I’m a bad listener.😄 Have you done either? What would you rather do?

I’ve done like a small zip line at a church camp before, but nothing crazy. XD If I had to choose, I’d definitely do zip lining. I don’t think I could make myself jump off a bridge and trust a single rope. 😂

I love to write protective main characters. Maybe that comes from being a proud older sister. How about you?

Hm… I’m pretty sure my favorite character to write is one of my MCs Everton. He’s courageous, impulsive, extroverted, occasionally flirtatious, mischievous, playful, adventurous, and cocky. (Yeah… I copied that description from my character doc. XD) He’s a lot of fun to write. 😉

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Felicity
          @felicity
            • Total Posts: 811

@mackenzie

Hello and welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Felicity, nice to meet you! To sum myself up in one sentence is always so hard, but a few things I enjoy besides writing are homesteading and learning languages (Polish!!!!). I am a follower of Jesus and home-school graduate.

I also write Historical Fiction! Do you have a favorite historical time period? For me it would have to be Edwardian, Civil War, and Regency.

You like the 2017 Little Women series?! Me too! It’s the only one I’ve watched so I don’t have others to compare it to but in my opinion it was really good. Who’s your favorite March girl? Mine is a tie between Meg and Jo. I don’t really like Amy’s snobbishness and “airs”, although I guess if she were my little sister I could learn to deal with it. 😉

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Felicity.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Mackenzie
            @mackenzie
              • Total Posts: 34

@felicity

Hi Felicity!😊

I humbly bow to your ability to learn new languages! I’ve been part of several different Spanish classes, and though I adored the missionaries who taught them, I couldn’t catch on to the language for the life of me. What inspired you to learn Polish? What’s your favorite part of homesteading?

I love all of the time periods you listed!😊 Regency is my preferred historical period to write in, but I love reading them all. Especially stories set in WW2.

You watched the 2017 Little Women miniseries?! Bless your heart.❤️ In my opinion, it’s the best version.😉 There’s also a remake set in modern times that surprised me by being handled really well. I think Jo will always be my favorite March sister😊(And Amy my least favorite😄).

Nice to meet you!

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h
                • Total Posts: 3875

@mackenzie Hi! I’m Keilah. I see you like Marvel, but I won’t ask too much about that since other people have done that.

Here are some questions if you’d like to answer!

• Opinions on reptiles? (Lizards, snakes, turtles, crocodiles/alligators, and dinosaurs/dragons)
                • Favorite fantasy creature? Mine as any dragon, although the ahklut–a half-wolf, half-orca whale creature from Alaskan myths–might take second because it’s kinda cool, and it’s similar to an idea I had for wolf-dolphin hybrid animals.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Mackenzie
                @mackenzie

@keilah-h

Hi Keilah!

I don’t have many opinions on reptiles, only that I never want to meet a crocodile or alligator face to face, and a dragon is my dream…can dragons be pets? My dream companion, perhaps I should say. Oh, and the tiny lizards that skitter across the sidewalk are cute. 😄 What are your opinions on reptiles?

I don’t remember the name of my favorite fantasy creature. But they lived on the water and fishermen rode them like horses. I liked the way the author built a bond between the creature and its rider.

A wolf-dilphin hybrid sounds absolutely awesome! Do you have a name for your fantasy creature?

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                  @kyronthearcanin
                    • Total Posts: 697

@mackenzie

Hey there! I’m Solfyre, a homeschool girl just starting in highschool! I love writing, playing guitar, basketball, drawing, wolves, dragons, and a whole lot of other things. My brother @orangearmadillo and I just got back from a long trip, so… I’m kinda tired and can’t think of any questions that haven’t been asked. Nice to meet you tho! 🙂

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

OrangeArmadillo
                    @orangearmadillo
                      • Total Posts: 95

@mackenzie

Welcome to the group! I am OrangeArmadillo, and I like to write and code games.

So a few questions.

1. What’s your favorite color?

2. Do you like bacon?

3. What is your favorite Christian song?

Glad to see another one joining the group!

The measure of a man is how much bacon he eats.

Mackenzie
                      @mackenzie

@orangearmadillo

Hi OrangeArmadillo! My brother likes coding games too.😊 I don’t know much about game creation, but I’ve witnessed all the work and creativity that goes into it. Cool!

Favorite color? That’s a hard one! There’s so many beautiful colors to choose from. Though I have lots of favorites, I’m currently obsessed with a deep, foresty green that hard to come across. What’s your favorite color?

Of course I like bacon!😄 Do you?

I think my favorite Christian song (or one of my favorites) is Living Hope by Phil Wickham. What’s your favorite Christian song?

OrangeArmadillo
                        @orangearmadillo
                          • Total Posts: 95

@mackenzie

Well, as you may have been able to tell, my favorite color is orange.

I absolutely love bacon, and if I could, I would have it for every meal.

My favorite Christian song is First Things First by Consumed by Fire.

See you around!

The measure of a man is how much bacon he eats.

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 8156

@mackenzie Hi Mackenzie!!! *waves*

Ooh, fantasy and His-Fic are both beautiful genres…but I AM biased towards Historical Fiction 😜😏

Nice to meet you!!!! ❤️❤️

I am FreedomWriter76, a Christian teen girl that is also a homeschooler, Southerner, music fan, KP’s Emoji Queen 👑XD, Marvel Nerd, and History Buff that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction (especially WWII, it’s my favorite time period 🥰), and a writer that has too many WIP’s and almost as many Marvel fanfictions. 😂

I would ask some random ask-the-newbie questions but my brain seems to be spent already, and I’ve barely even begun the day! 😅

Ok, here’s one question: What’s your favorite dog breed? (if you like dogs XD)

Again, nice to meet you Mackenzie, and a very, very warm welcome to KP!!! Hope to see you around more; God Bless!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Mackenzie
                            @mackenzie

@freedomwriter76

Hi FreedomWriter76!😊 *waves back*

Nice to meet you! Do you primarily write WWII fiction? (Such an intriguing time period!) Ooo, Marvel fanfics. Do they focus on one character in particular?

I like dogs so much, it’s hard to choose a favorite breed!😭 All the dogs I’ve had have been mixed with a poodle, but I love how spunky terriers are. How lovable spaniels can be. My girl dog has Australian Shepherd in her and she’s so bouncy and affectionate.

As you can see, I will ramble on and on about dogs if I’m not careful.😄 What’s your favorite dog breed? Do you have any pets?

I appreciate the warm welcome!☺️ God bless!❤️

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 8156

@mackenzie It’s nice to be meeting you too!!! ❤️ And yes, I primarily write WWII historical fiction, with a bit of American Revolution, Korean War, Vietnam War, Afghanistan War, Civil War, and other time periods mixed in. But WWII is my main time period because it’s my fav to read/learn about 😉 (and yes, it is!)

Yep, Marvel fanfics! Hmm, welllll, so far, most of them have multiple MC’s, but I’ve thought about making a fanfic specifically for Steve Rogers and one specifically for Bucky Barnes…but that’s to be expected from me, lol 😂 What’s your favorite Marvel movie? Mine is Winter Soldier ❤️ But my favorite Marvel character is Bucky quickly followed by Steve, so…y’know, again, expected XD

I know!!! Dogs are so sweet!!! 😍 Awwww, your dog sounds adorable!!!

Haha, totally understand, dogs are amazing! 😀 Favorite dog breed has to be the one we have, which is Australian Shepherds! Ours is a Toy Aussie, she’s so sweet…although she does annoy me sometimes, lol 😅 I do have pets, wellll, my fam has pets, lol. We have our 1 dog, my brother has fish, my sister has a snake, and then we have 22 chickens! 🐔 XD

Of course; glad I could welcome you here to KP!!! To you as well!!! ❤️❤️

Light Warrior Pen
                                @light-warrior-pen
                                  • Total Posts: 103

@mackenzie

Yes, family members are great. I couldn’t go on without ’em.

Yeah, I’m in the same boat with the romance. I just like it, so I wing it and cringe in the process. : )

Stella sounds like fun. Me … oh, love a lot of my characters. I love Angel, my spunky CIA agent who has a habit of shocking people.

I have too many  I want to emulate. Top three would be Jane Austen, L.M. Montgomery, and Louisa May Alcott. Oh, and bonus one, Brian Jacques.

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >