Hello mates!

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Hello mates!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Euodia
    @euodia-vision
      • Total Posts: 1306

Hellooooo everyone! Iā€™m Emily, a homeschooled junior who loves Jesus, her family and friends, animals, art, Middle-earth, and books! Iā€™ve had a blog for almost two years but never posted consistently or wrote about anything meaningful. This year I decided to make writing a more significant part of my life. Iā€™m focusing on writing more intentional posts and am also beginning a fantasy WIP. Iā€™ve never poured myself into this large of a project before so Iā€™m thrilled and nervous. šŸ˜… Iā€™ve also never been a part of a writing community so Iā€™m excited to get to know you all and acquire writing wisdom from you wise writers.šŸ˜‰

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2062

@euodia-vision

Hello Emily! Iā€™m Loopy. I like writing fantasy mostly, and really enjoy drawing my characters from my stories.

Kingdom Pen is really great, and Iā€™m glad you got to join! Whatā€™s your fantasy WIP about? Iā€™d love to hear about it.

As is tradition, Iā€™m going to tag a bunch of other people to come say hi. (Prepare yourself to answer a bunch of really random questions)

@freedomwriter76 @ava-blue @gwyndalf-the-wise @godlyfantasy12 @felicity @theloonyone @otherworldly-historian @folith-feolin @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h

Space Princess āœØšŸŖ intp artist

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@euodia-vision. Hi Emily!!! Welcome to KP! šŸ˜€šŸŽ‰

Weā€™re so glad you could come and join us!!! The more the merrier!!!! šŸ’•šŸ’•šŸ’•

ANOTHER HOMESCHOOLER!?!? EPICCCC!!!! šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

Ahem, excuse me, where are my manners!? šŸ˜‚

I am FreedomWriter76 (more often just called Freedom, lol. šŸ˜†), a Christian Teen Girl, Writer, Southerner, Homeschooler, Music Fan, History Buff, and Marvel Nerd that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction! šŸ˜šŸ˜‰

Sooooā€¦as is customary for us to do here on KP, Iā€™m gonna ask you a few randome ask-the-newbie questions! šŸ˜šŸ˜‰šŸŽ‰

1. Whatā€™s your favorite character from your WIP?
          2. Favorite Books/Authors?
          3. Any favorite Shows/Series/Movies?
          4. Favorite Animal?
          5. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

Anywhoā€¦thatā€™s all I got for now. Donā€™t want to overwhelm you too much, now, do I!? šŸ˜‰šŸ˜†šŸ˜‚

Again, welcome to KP, Emily! I hope you have a wonderful time here, nice to meet you, and God Bless!!! šŸ’–šŸ˜

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 692

@euodia-vision

Hi, Emily! I love that name! šŸ™‚ Iā€™m Sara (aka sarafini). Weā€™re probably about the same age then. I graduated 2 years early. šŸ˜‰ I write Sci-fi, Thrillers, and contemporary novels.

Questions:

1. Ā Homeschooled, online, public, or private?
            2. What genres (if any) have you written other than fantasy?
            3. What is your WIP about?
            Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 692

@euodia-vision

Oops! I just scanned your summary. You donā€™t have to answer the 1st question. Lol

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings
                • Total Posts: 2803

@euodia-vision

Hello and welcome! Your interests sound super cool! A blog sounds fun too!

Iā€™m mineralizedwritings around here! Dystopian ya author, artist, speedcuber, and maker of comicy things! Great to meet somebody else who does art! šŸ˜€

Some ask the newbie questions:

1. What is your fantasy wip about?

2. What do you like to draw?

3. Are snakes cool?

4. What is your fav character to write in your wip and why?

Happy to have you here! Idk if I have writing wisdom, šŸ˜‚ but Iā€™ll help where I can!

ćøć³ćÆć€€ć‹ć£ć“ć„ć„ć€€ć§ć™ļ¼

Otherworldly Historian
                @otherworldlyhistorian
                  • Total Posts: 219

@euodia-vision
                  Hello Emily and welcome to KP.

I am excited to meet another fantasy writer. It is also cool that you own a blog.

I am known as Otherworldly Historian. I enjoy writing and reading fantasy literature as-well as playing tabletop games.

Now for your customary questions:

1. Favorite Game (of any type)?

2. Approach to plotting (lots, a little, or do you just dive strait in)

3. Who is the antagonist of your WIP (if it is a mega spoiler feel free to ignore this one or give a vague answer)?

4. Are you learning or do you speak any non-english language?

5. Who is your favourite character from the Tolkien Legendarium?

Through darkness,
                  light shines brightest

Gwyndalf the Wise
                  @gwyndalf-the-wise
                    • Total Posts: 404

@euodia-vision

Hi! *waves*

Iā€™m a fellow follower of Jesus, a homeschooler, and have a fantasy WIP (although itā€™s could also be classified as mystery). I also draw characters, love music, and green sea turtles.

XD The only thing ā€˜wiseā€™ about this writer is her name.

I think itā€™s great youā€™re trying to take writing seriously! I just started trying to do that last year.
                    Iā€™d ask what you WIP is about, butā€¦several people already have, soā€¦yeah.

Hope to see you around! =)

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
                    (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3221

@euodia-vision

Welcome, Emily!! You homeschool as well!! *slaps high five* Thatā€™s awesome!!

Iā€™m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, amateur writer!!

My writing isā€¦ wellā€¦ all over the place! My WIP is ya dystopian. I started a fantasy duology a while ago, but that is being put on hold for a long while. I also have ideas for a his-fic novel, contemporary novel, and 2-5 biblical fiction works.

As for me being a wise writerā€¦ wellā€¦ thatā€™s debatable. XDXD Lol!

Enough about me.

Now for questions about you!!

1. Pineapple on pizza?

2. Which work of art that you have done is your favorite? And why?

3. Favorite animal?

4. If you could pick any place in Middle-Earth to spend a day in, where would it be? (Youā€™re gonna have to describe it beyond the name cuz Iā€™ve only watched the movies. šŸ˜…)

Nice to meet you and see ya around!!!

Write what should not be forgotten. ā€” Isabel Allende

Euodia
                      @euodia-vision

Oh wowwww! I wasnā€™t expecting all of this! šŸ˜‚ Okay! First replying to @loopylinā€™s question. My WIP is still undergoing basic outlining and plot ideas. But at the moment itā€™s about a darkness that has overtaken a land once full of beauty and life. Itā€™s slowly been ā€˜takingā€™ people, but their families do not where or why. After years of everyone keeping their heads down and trying to avoid the darkness as much as they can, my main characterā€™s brother gets taken one night. She makes the decision to go after him and follow the darkness. (Iā€™m still working on a full synopsis but thatā€™s what I got at the moment XD).

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Euodia
                        @euodia-vision

Now @freedomwriter76ā€¦

1. So far, my favorite character is Tirion, my main characterā€™s best friend. Heā€™s similar in personality to Aragorn and Janner Wingfeather.

2. AH! Umā€¦ favorite authorsā€¦ J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Alan Gratz, L.M. Montgomery and Andrew Peterson to name a few. Booksā€¦ all of the books by those authors. XD

3. Favorite moviesā€¦ Lord of the Rings, Marvel (yes all of them), Narnia, Wonder, Beauty and the Beast (liveaction), Amazing Grace, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Little Womenā€¦ okay Iā€™ll stop there. Favorite TV showā€¦ The Chosen! I donā€™t watch many TV shows but I also enjoy Little House on the Prarie, The Rings of Power (though I have my opinions on it), and Lego Masters!

4. Favorite animal: Pandas, bulldogs, tigers, pufferfish, highland cows, goats, and puffins!

5. Mint Chocolate Chip!!!!

Euodia
                          @euodia-vision

Hi @sarafini! Nice to meet you!

1/2. I havenā€™t written much besides blogging, but Iā€™ve attempted a few dystopian and romance short stories! But fantasy is my go to. šŸ˜‰

3. My WIP is still in the process of having a synopsis and plot outlining but at the moment itā€™s about a darkness that has overtaken a land once full of beauty and life. Itā€™s slowly been ā€˜takingā€™ people, but their families do not where or why. After years of everyone keeping their heads down and trying to avoid the darkness as much as they can, my main characterā€™s brother gets taken one night. She makes the decision to go after him and follow the darkness.

Euodia
                            @euodia-vision

@mineralizedwritings

Thank you! Thatā€™s awesome! What sort of artwork do you enjoy doing?

1.Ā My WIP is still in the process of having a synopsis and plot outlining but at the moment itā€™s about a darkness that has overtaken a land once full of beauty and life. Itā€™s slowly been ā€˜takingā€™ people, but their families do not where or why. After years of everyone keeping their heads down and trying to avoid the darkness as much as they can, my main characterā€™s brother gets taken one night. She makes the decision to go after him and follow the darkness.

2. I love drawing portraits of people! I also enjoy drawing floral things.

3. Umā€¦ yes, as long as theyā€™re not right in front of me. XD

4. At the moment, itā€™s Tirion, my main characterā€™s best friend and counselor/protector. I like him because of how gentle and kind he is, but heā€™s also not afraid to take a stand on what he knows is it. He reminds me a lot of Aragorn and Janner Wingfeather who are both some of my favorite all-time characters.

Euodia
                              @euodia-vision

@otherworldlyhistorian

Hello! Nice to meet you!

1. I mostly play board games! But I enjoy card games, Catan, Ticket to Ride, Monopoly Deal, Scattergories, and trivia!

2. Plotting is aĀ  s l o wĀ  process for me. I start with a great background idea but then building everything up and having a good resolution is very difficult.

3. Mmmā€¦ well the main antagonist is a darkness that my characters call ā€˜the mistā€™. Who is behind that mist you shall have to wait and seeā€¦ šŸ˜‰

4. Iā€™m studying Spanish in school! But Iā€™m not good a speaking it, I can read it fairly well though.

5. AH! Why must you ask this question!!!!???? Welllll, Iā€™ll just name 5 or 100 XD. (some are movie characters, otherā€™s are book) Samwise Gamgee, Aragorn, Fili, Thorin, Bilbo, Voronwe, Beleg, Tuor, Luthien, and Elendil.

TheLoonyOne
                                @theloonyone
                                  • Total Posts: 404

@euodia-vision

Yeeas! Another homeschooler! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜ And a Tolkien fan!

Hey Emily! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

Iā€™m Theloonyone, a sophomore homeschooler (go homeschoolers!). Like most here, I am a Christian writer, but I also enjoy music, art, and reading. I play the piano (and the clarinet a little) and have been slowly growing my drawing skills over the past couple of years. Right now, Iā€™m working on a couple of different short stories that I started years ago and never finished, and am editing my sci-fi/romance WIP.

Iā€™m so glad youā€™re joining us here! What do you usually write on your blog? Yeah, itā€™s hard to work on big projects, but itā€™s definitely worth it. Mmmā€¦ yes we are wise writers hereā€¦ one time I wrote a short story about a graham cracker. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Anyway, some newbie questions!

1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?

2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

3. Stranded on an island but five books.

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Ā 

Welcome to Kingdom Pen again! I hope to see you around!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >