Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Pixie
    @pixie
      • Total Posts: 23

@hybridlore

Well, it’s a pretty image anyway. I like it too.

Neat that you used to live in Minnesota! Yeah, we love our extreme temps over here. Boiling summers, freezing winters. On the whole, it’s lovely. The scenery never stays the same for long.

Pixie
      @pixie

Hey, @acancello! That’s so cool! What made you guys move to NC and get interested in farming? I’ll have to send you the link to our farm website once I finish updating it. We started the same way, with chickens and a garden 🙂

Pixie
        @pixie

Hello, @light-warrior-pen!

Favorite character: Prince Willibert, mostly because of his name. And because he puzzles me to no end.

Favorite ice-cream: espresso is really good, with vanilla and something chocolate.

Where would I go? Eh, I’ll say southern France. Just because that’s what I’ve been saying lately, and it sounds cool to visit farms and go foraging in that area. But there are so many places! You?

Thanks for the welcome!

hybridlore
          @hybridlore
            • Total Posts: 1359

@pixie

Thanks! ☺️

Yeah, we were surprised when the summer was as hot as the south xD. The fall is amazing, tho. It is really pretty!

There is always light behind the clouds.
            - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Pixie
            @pixie

@hybridlore

Have to agree there! I’m already craving pumpkin spice lattes and dreaming of golden leaves… 🙂

TheArcaneAxiom
              @thearcaneaxiom
                • Total Posts: 1251

@pixie

That’s very true, how much do we really know? I think one of the few things we can know is that for now there is a lot we don’t. There is so much in all creation, and it really is foolish to believe we have any idea how it all really works, unless it is revealed unto us by the Father. But it is very fun to entertain different ideas and angles to be inspired to create things for the Lord to glorify Him in whatever which way we can.

That is a lot like the universe me and my sister are making. Slowly developing it from different ideas and themes. I really like exploring the ideas of agency, good vs evil, justice vs mercy, order vs chaos, everything vs nothing, ect, at the most fundamental level, and then thinking about how I can make manifestations of these ideas in my world.

So you alluded to necrofaries, are these fallen faries, or are they counterfeit faries, are they both, or something else?

That was a loaded question! 😉 A great question.

Thank you, interesting questions are my thing🧐😅

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Allison
                @acancello
                  • Total Posts: 838

@pixie

We lived in CA for a long time. My whole life. Sadly the town we lived in became unsafe and not a good place to raise a family. Our friends from the neighborhood moved  to NC two years before and we decided to visit them one summer. It was beautiful! We have always been interested in farming and when we found our property it was perfect! Oooh! I would love to see your website! I have one to, just of my crafting/cooking blog..  acancello.blogspot.com

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 3875

@pixie I get what you thought about making Interstellar more hopeful in its outcome!

Also, I have a feeling @thearcaneaxiom could probably be a bit better at explaining the whole four dimensions thing than I could, considering he even has animals in his story which follow those rules, but I found a video I saw once which might explain some (and is also fun to look at). I’ll put it on a separate post in case KP’s server decides to eat it like it sometimes does.

OOOH Good choice. Steve Rogers is a great character…..

I have a bunch of favorites. Among the Avengers, my favorite changes movie to movie, but Hawkeye consistently remains high on my list. I don’t know why, I just think what he does is cool, and his costume isn’t super elaborate and exaggerated either. And among everyone else, my favorite is Star-Lord, but only because watching a clip of him dancing was the thing that got me into Marvel, lol.

Naw, my dad’s just having us watch it so we recognize the characters and events.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

here’s the video

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous
                        • Total Posts: 8156

@pixie Hello, and welcome to KP!!!!

I’m FreedomWriter76 (often just called Freedom 😉) a teenaged Christian girl, homeschooler, Southerner, Music Fan, KP’s emoji queen, History Buff, and total Marvel nerd that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction, and a girl with wayyyy too many WIPs and almost (if not more) Marvel fanfictions.

I’m out of questions, many apologies, but once again, welcome to KP!!! God Bless! 💖

(also…Steve Rogers is an amazing choice for your favorite Marvel character…mine is Bucky…😉🥰)

Mackenzie
                        @mackenzie
                          • Total Posts: 34

@pixie

Favorite writing music: definitely soundtracks. But whatever I’m listening to, I always do it with an ear to finding songs for my WIP Spotify playlists– and the song titles have to be appropriate to my story 🙂 You?

A personalized soundtrack for your WIP is an awesome idea! Does it help as you craft the characters and environment of your story?

Yes, my main WIP having the theme of growing up, romance and courtship definitely plays into it! I’m really passionate about God’s way of cultivating sound relationships between guys and gals, especially in an age where romance is usually gutted of genuine love, and the social frameworks for single guys and gals are usually misplaced or messed up.

I’ve been disappointed by many a surface-level romance in a book, and crave something deeper and more meaningful. I’m excited about what you’re doing with Quest of the Boy!🙂

TheArcaneAxiom
                          @thearcaneaxiom
                            • Total Posts: 1251

@pixie @keilah-h

We’re discussing the concept of 4 dimensions? I’m tracing your conversation back to understand what lead to it, and your getting me excited. So you want to make a Interstellar inspired story with more Christian themes mixed in, and now you’ve mentioned bring up the 4th dimension.

To clarify Keilah, extra spatial dimensions in our reality is purely theoretical, though it checks out mathematically, is present in all leading fields of study of fundamental physics, such as general relativity and quantum mechanics, and simply makes sense. I personally subscribe to it heavily, but we can only truly know if it is revealed to us by our Heavenly Father.

Anyway, that ultimately doesn’t matter, since this is a sci-fi exploration, where we entertain these ideas. So the first question is to ask is, what is a dimension? There are many definitions depending on who you ask, but the definition we are thinking of most likely is spatial degrees of freedom. To elaborate, imagine your a point on a line. Where can you go? Well, you can go forward, and you can go backward, but that’s it, no other options are available. This is one degree of freedom, otherwise known as the first dimension. Now imagine this line was extended into a square, what can you do now? You can still go forward and back, but now you can go left and right too, so that’s two degrees of freedom, or the second dimension. You can see the pattern where I could extend this to a cube, and get a third degree of freedom. So the natural question to ask now is, can you extend the cube to something else? Is there such a thing as a forth spatial degree of freedom? There doesn’t seem to be any real physical or mathematical reason why there must be 3 as we observe. If you entertain the idea mathematically, it actually serves you well. All we can say is that if there does exist extra dimensions, it would be hard for us to be able to observe them or comprehend them, because we are 3 dimensional in nature.

Now lets simply entertain the idea, what would it mean if there are extra dimensions, what would that look like? If you take the time to gain intuition from how 3 dimensions would look to 2 dimensional beings via the video Keilah referenced and many others, you will end up with a conclusion that it would look very strange if 4d beings showed up on our doorstep. Rigid 4d structures passing through our dimension would look like moving, changing, distorting shapes that could disappear and reappear. They could seemingly pass right through a wall by moving around it in 4 dimensions. 4d beings could look at the universe like we see a piece of paper, nothing would be hidden from them, and yet we could not perceive them. Our clothing would be rendered useless, because not only would they be able to see around them, but they can even see into your whole body inside and out at the same time (unless you can find yourself some 4d trousers😂). Impossible things could be made possible, simply by moving through 4d space and back.

Some of these ideas might be starting to sound a lot like something else you might have head of, being able to see all, know all, do all. Could this be the realm of God, angels, and spirits? I subscribe to the belief that yes, yes it is, at least in part. I’ll let you decide for yourself though, but the cool thing is that you could explore this idea in a interstellar style story to depict God in a more scientific light, while still showing his infinite power and grandeur.

I hope any of that helps! If your at all interested in talking more about the hows and whys these would be the effects we see, I will gladly participate!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@thearcaneaxiom thanks for helping me explain!

Esther
                              @esther-c
                                • Total Posts: 3213

@pixie

Wow. Especially in light of God’s Word, I take great delight in all three elements of Story, seeing that God does too! But when it comes down to it, I might say characters. I think God pours the most love into his characters, and the way characters drive plot and their webs interweave with each other, is just mindboggling. Each character has endless possibility and, well, personalization. Plot is firm, but reveals itself gradually, and worldbuilding, while also endlessly interesting, doesn’t have the soul as its core! And again, the characters are what you pour love into more than anything.

Yes, characters seem to be what really holds everything together. I think they tend to be my favorite part in other stories.

I would be most comfortable, I think, hopping into Narnia. I would love to meet all the different people groups there, maybe join in the Midwinter Snowball Dance, and walk on the shore near Cair Paravel to hear the gulls calling. Of course, I would probably love visiting Middle Earth equally well. Both places have built themselves into my imagination! What about you?

Awesome!! Both would be so cool!

Hm… I think I’d choose either Aewiar (from the Wingfeather Saga) or Middle Earth. (Even though I haven’t actually read all of LotR 😭 It’s on my tbr list though!)

As a linguistics-lover, I’d agree to caramel, but as a Minnesotan I am guilty of slurring the word into carmel… It’s a hot debate at our family bakery!!

😆 I live in the Midwest, so all of us tend to say carmel. But my mom’s side of the family is from New England, so they all say it caramel. 😉

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h

@esther-c Yes, for some reason I would LOVE to go to Aerwiar……The worldbuilding was just solid on that one.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >