Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Abigail.M.
    @abigail-m
      • Total Posts: 1242

@writerlexi1216

No worries, your post came in my email:) The only thing I can think of is when I edit, there’s only a small allotment of time to edit a post (I don’t know the exact time), but if I take too much time to edit, then post it, the whole thing goes zip! Sometimes I can retrieve it by pushing the back button, but yep, half the time I don’t even know if anyone gets my posts when that happens. But yeah, don’t worry at all, my device acts weird all the time too:)
      That is just so awesome/funny/not-exactly-sweet-even-though-I-want-to-say-sweet:) Just the thought of Caira using her powers on Newton, *chuckles and fangirls at the same time*. I love those two:)
      Aw, that means so much! (Like I feel like writing all caps, hundreds of words worth of thank you and how encouraging it is:) And I seriously mean it when I say the same to your novel, it’ll be the centerpiece of my bookshelf, (I literally mean it!) 🙂
      I was thinking about adding a prequel about Mejia’s three-year trial in becoming a warrior. As far as sequels go, hmm, well I’m not entirely sure whether I’m going to write one for TSW or not. Because on one hand, I’d like to keep it as one large novel and tie up most of the subplots and such at the end. But then, on the other hand, I have a lot of plot twists, ideas, and settings that would hamper the original novel but would work great as equal material. Yikes, so hard to decide. Oh well, I suppose for now I’m going to keep it as a stand-alone novel, but who knows! There may be a sequel in my notes doc somewhere:)

Oh, I know, exactly! Though I rarely find them, I am a HUGE fan of well-developed romances, especially ones in the 15-16-17 age range and in adventure settings. *Puts those huge foam gloves that they have at baseball games on and waves them wildly about. I have no idea what kind of cheer one would make up for a romance subplot in a novel, but Newton and Caira deserve one!*
      *WHEW!* I’m so glad I was able to help you keep that subplot because it’s just way too amazing! Your posts are an incredible motivation for me too, I mean like, you have no idea how encouraging you’ve been to TSW!

Not to worry, that makes perfect sense:) I mean a long while back, before TSW, I started a few fantasy novels and I completely understand how hard it is. And I really am not just saying this, but that was pretty much the way I felt starting KP too because I thought my ideas were too underdeveloped or not especially great. So, I am not exaggerating whatsoever when I say that you’ve been the biggest encouragement ever as well!!!:D 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 And that is literally the nicest thing anyone has ever said about TSW! 😀

The Fortitude and The Snow Warrior holiday is going to be my favorite holiday ever:D

Yes, I know, I mean it’s so adorable that Newton’s trying and so sad at the same time. I guess his stutter didn’t help when Alana kept interrupting him either huh?  Poor Newton, (tell Newton not to worry, he’s not the only one who isn’t too good at confessions. Mejia and Filip’s went horribly… the headache is still at the tip of my brain from it XD ).

Abigail.M.
      @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

And absolutely no problem! I try to draw every day to try and get better at illustrating and drawing your trio is pure pleasure!

Alexa Autorski
        @writerlexi1216
          • Total Posts: 1011

@abigail-m

Oh, good! It’s so weird sometimes *shakes head* Hopefully this one won’t disappear this time! Aw, thank you! Yeah, it’s definitely funny/sweet-not-so-sweet about Caira using her powers on him… it’s amusing to write them bickering because I know exactly what’s going to happen in the future 😉 Thank you! That makes me happy to hear:)

Of course, it’s always a treat to hear fangirl about your story!!! I really am interested to know what happens and how everything unfolds! And thank you! It makes me so excited to know I already have such devoted fans!! Thank you!!:) Oh, that’s right! I remember now, sorry. I honestly think a prequel sounds AWESOME, and would definitely fit your novel! Don’t worry about it–I know for a fact that it’ll be perfect however you decide!:)

Yes, agreed!! *also puts on foam glove* *waves it so hard it falls off* Oh well. Yeah, good romance is something that can be hard to find, which is one reason why I wanted to write my own–to be a good, positive example of romance. Thank you, and you’re more than welcome!!:) Ooh, I’m glad I’m somewhat relatable XD Thanks for understanding, and aww that makes me just the happiest girl in the world to know I’ve encouraged you! I’m not the best with words (ironic because I’m a writer) so I was hoping I was encouraging because I honestly love your story so, so much! Yeah, it’s really adorable, though it’s also sad because it takes Newton so long to get his words out because of his stutter, so that makes his confession ten times harder. OH MY GOODNESS, I’d love to know about Mejia and Filip’s, if you wouldn’t mind sharing! Who confessed to who? Where was it? Why did it go horribly? Sorry about the questions, but I’m so curious! 😀

(And thank you about the illustrations! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed drawing them! You’re an incredibly talented artist, and I’m so glad you’re the one drawing my characters! I’m gonna freak out when I get to see them! 😀 😀 😀 😀 :D)

Katherine
          @mkfairygirl
            • Total Posts: 549

@writerlexi1216 Ahh, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😃😃 *gasp* Really?!?! Woo-hoo, I was hoping you would like it!!!!!!!!! 😉 (Hehe, I get a medieval feeling when I think about it too. Yay, I’m glad you like it!!! I agree, magic is A-MA-ZING!!!!) Aw, you’re welcome!!! 🙂

Thank you!!! You’ve done a fabulous job at choosing your character names too!!!! EEEEKKKKKK!!!!!! I CAN’T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😃 *jumps up and down excitedly* And *gasp gasp* DEEK HAS FIRE POWERS?!?!?! That is SO COOL!!!!!!! Like literally amazing!!!! Ahh, makes me want to fangirl over him even more!!! Of course it helps! I hope to keep creating Deek-inspired things, so any info is great!!! Thank you for sharing! 🙂

Okay, so I designed a . . .

Deek-inspired bookmark!

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
            Fall in love with Jesus

Abigail.M.
            @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

Yes, bickering is such an amusing thing to write because I glance at the doc with future scenes and shake my head at them:) XD
              Aw, thank you! That makes me so happy to hear!!:D
              YES! I am definitely a hardcore, 100% devoted Fortitude fan! 😀 And yep, incredibly relatable. Sometimes, I believe fantasy is even harder to write than non-fiction.
              Yeah I know right? I’m not the best with words either sometimes and most of the time I can write words better than say them… *sigh* it does feel pretty ironic.
              You’ll never ever have to worry about being an encouragement because you have been the BEST encouragement TSW has ever had!:D

Are you kidding? I’m so glad you asked!
              Mejia/Filip’s confession is basically a three-part. One part is the main confession, one part is the- well I’ll just tell you instead:) I was pretty tempted to post the whole scene at first, but since it’s pretty rough, I decided to give a more or less detailed post about what happened, (sorry about its length). 🙂

So Mejia has been avoiding Filip for days. And the scene picks up with Mejia seeing him out of the corner of her eye, she then mounts one of the three stallions that she’d been working with and gallops off. Filip, though utterly terrified needs to know why Mejia’s been keeping her distance from him and clumsily/shakily/completely un-dignified, mounts one of the two remaining stallions and takes off after her. (Now, this is much later in the plot and Filip has already ridden once before to save Mejia’s life).
              They continue this thoroughly exhausting chase until Mejia has to halt her stallion before it ran itself to death and decides that she’ll have to face Filip sooner or later anyway. Filip skids to a stop and slides off his mount as quickly as he can as Mejia begins tending to her’s. He asks her why she is avoiding him and was it something that he did. When she doesn’t respond, he asks her if she could at least tell him what he did wrong. She says that she’d rather not, but after the ride that he went through, he wasn’t going to take that as his answer.
              Finally, Mejia spins around and shouts that it’s because she thinks she’s starting to fall in love with him, (even though she has had feelings for him almost the whole time anyway without really knowing it). Filip is taken aback as hope starts to swell up in him and begins to ask why would she avoid him for that. But she cuts him off and shouts that it’s because it is so extraordinarily irritating, that he irritates the life out of her, and yet…
              She becomes very conflicted with herself because everything in her past and instinct tells her not to trust or love, especially after Morio betrays her to Artur; she just doesn’t know what to do about her feelings for Filip. And that only makes her feel worse because she rarely doesn’t know what to do about situations. So she ends up finishing by asking him if he even understands how frustrating it is for her not to be able to think straight.
              Filip begins to say something when Mejia cuts him off not to say a word. At this point, Mejia is now half annoyed, half afraid of what Filip is trying to say. He tries again and she warns him that she means it.
              Then before she can say anything else, he blurts out his feelings for her.
              That was it, that was just too much. Mejia let her fist fly and clouted Filip’s jaw, (yeah, I felt pretty bad for him too). They stared at each other for a minute. Filip more confused than hurt. Mejia more hurt than confused.  Then Anton comes galloping up and since at this juncture, he has lost his sight entirely, his mount halted on instinct for its master. He tells Mejia that he’s just received the word of the siege and Mejia replies that she’s coming. She looks back at Filip once more before taking off after Anton, leaving Filip confused but rather elated just the same.

The second ‘part’ happens later when Filip tries to slip a flower, -something extraordinarily rare in Birch Woods and could only be raised with extreme care in the larger village and are very expensive-, into her hand, but she rejects him, still fearing that nothing good could come of trusting him.

The third part is even later and is where Mejia pulls Filip aside and apologizes for hitting him and reluctantly shows him the petals of the flower that she kept. Annnd this is where I can finally write out their first kiss scene, (it certainly took long enough).
              I mean they still played cat and mouse afterward, but that’s how the confession went.

(Gosh, that turned out a LOT longer than I intended it to be. I hope it wasn’t too boring).

Abigail.M.
              @abigail-m

@mkfairygirl

That is so AWESOME Katherine!!

Katherine
                @mkfairygirl
                  • Total Posts: 549

@abigail-m THANK YOU, ABIGAIL!!!!!!!!😃

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                  Fall in love with Jesus

Abigail.M.
                  @abigail-m

@mkfairygirl

NP:) Girl, that is just pure awesome!!:D

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Abigail.M..
                    Alexa Autorski
                    @writerlexi1216

@mkfairygirl

Oh my GOODNESS, Katherine!!! That is pure amazing-ness!!! Thank you x 1,000 for making that, because that fits Deek so well!! And it just means the absolute world to me that other people like my characters and want to make things inspired by them!! *smiles super hard* And I’d LOVE to see more Deek-inspired things!! Thank you sooo much!! *high fives* (Yes, he does have fire powers! And I’ve been editing two more chapters, so hopefully I can post them soon!) I’m just really happy over this!!:)

Alexa Autorski
                      @writerlexi1216

@Abigail-m

Aww, thank you!! And, likewise, I’m definitely a hardcore The Snow Warrior fan (and can’t wait to write a huge review for it when it’s a bestseller) 😉 I’m glad to hear that I’ve encouraged you!! I honestly love your story idea and love hearing absolutely anything about it!!

*gasps one thousand times* *smashes the all caps button* THAT’S THE CONFESSION? THAT IS THE GREATEST THING IN HISTORY! I mean, that’s so adorable I could scream! Like, I just love the fact that Mejia is so conflicted over her feelings, and Filip sounds so sweet (I felt so bad for him when Mejia hit him, poor guy) and OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE IT! *fangirls one thousand times harder purely because of this scene* Okay, this is incredible, seriously, and it made me ship Mejia/Filip 1,000 times more. And Morio betrays Mejia to Artur? Plot twist! I can definitely see where Mejia’s coming from with her hesitation to trust anyone after that. You set it up perfectly! *sighs* This is the greatest thing ever, and that flower petal part is the most adorable thing! Sorry for fangirling that much, but this scene sounds so amazing/adorable/sweet/I just love these two so much:)

Issabelle Perry
                        @issawriter7
                          • Total Posts: 976

@writerlexi1216

Okay, soo I know I’m just jumping in the middle of a conversation but wait DEEK HAS FIRE POWERS???!!!! Like no way! Girl, that is just THE COOLEST!!!!!! YESSS!!!!! Is it possible to like him even more??!!!

God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.
                          TeenWritersNook.com

Alexa Autorski
                          @writerlexi1216

@issawriter7

YAS, he does!!! Which is dangerous/chaotic/awesome all at the same time!!! XD I thought it was the best power that fit his ‘fiery’ personality. And THANK YOU SO MUCH!!:) I’m so glad you like him!!! I was so nervous that Deek would be an unlikable character, so it’s been so great to see he has so many fans! 😉 (Also, I love the new profile pic!)

Issabelle Perry
                            @issawriter7

@writerlexi1216

Oooh, you’re right!! It fits him PERFECTLY!!! You’re SO welcome! *gasp* HOW COULD ANYONE NOT LIKE HIM?????!!!!!!!!!!! I mean whoever wouldn’t like him just seriously doesn’t have good taste. 😉 Deek is MAH BOY!!!!! 🙂 (Aww, THANK YOUUU!!!!!! I was getting a bit tired of the old one.)

TeenWritersNook.com

Alexa Autorski
                              @writerlexi1216

@issawriter7

Thank you!!! *smiles super hard* Aww, that means the absolute WORLD to hear that!!! It’s just so amazing that my characters have fans, like, WOW!!! Yeah, I thought fire powers fit him well (fun fact: Deek originally had shapeshifting powers 😉 ) and just a huge thank you for saying that!! WOO-HOO!! And of course!! I thought about changing mine but idk what to change it to lol

Issabelle Perry
                                @issawriter7

@writerlexi1216

You’re SOO WELCOME!!!!! I’m soo happy to hear that!!! *also smiles super hard* Hahaha, well when you write about awesome characters it seems the fanbase spreads faster than the book. 😉 Ooooh, shapeshifting powers are COOL buut I do like him with fire powers better!!!!!!!! *pumps fist in the air* Again you’re TOTALLY welcome!!!! Haha, well, I actually really like your profile pic! <33

Oooh, also I can’t believe I’ve not replied to this forum topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GENIUS IDEA!! Well, if it’s not too late here’s some of my fav quotes:

Whatever it was, I knew one thing: this wasn’t how my story should end.

~Colin Carlson

Annnd

“I may be one person with one voice, but I am not the voice of one.”

~Prince Keenum of Cedulnia

TeenWritersNook.com

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 200 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >