Destined Fanfic: Pyromania AU!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Destined Fanfic: Pyromania AU!

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

THERE IS A NEW CHAPTERRRRR!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!

@freedomwriter76 @euodia-vision @keilah-h @whalekeeper @lightoverdarkness6 @esther-c @smiley @starshiness @mineralizedwritings

TW: Not sure how to label this…Umm…Someone is grabbed and poked almost choked by tentacles? Just overall not fun. IDK XD XD HOW DO U DISCLAIMER THAT ROFL

Chapter 4

Bren

Bren breathed out a shaky breath as skin touched cold stone. He clutched his hand over his heart, body already aching from the uncomfortable kneeling position. He bit his cheek, not daring to look up from where his forehead touched the floor, sweat beading down his neck.

How long was he going to keep them like this?

Bren shot a quick, furtive glance to his sister. She pursed her lips, giving an almost incomprehensible shake of the head. Bren let out a small huff, back of his legs aching.

They’d been like that for ten minutes at least.

And still, he hadn’t spoken a word.

Finally, the sharp, raspy voice cut through the air. Bren felt like he might explode from the anxious energy surging through him, but thankfully was able from jumping.

“You are late.”

Seriously?! Bren scowled, knowing the dark figure couldn’t see his face with how he was positioned. Make us kneel here for who knows how long and that’s the first thing you say?

Out of the corner of his eye, Bren could see his sister’s fists tighten. Obviously she was thinking the same thing.

“Have you nothing to sssay?” The voice hissed, making a shudder ripple through Bren from top to bottom. The man, if Bren could call him that, as he was more like a large, all-encompassing shadow then anything, had a voice like metal scraping glass…

Yet…

It was also soft.

Elegant.

Gentle.

Honestly, Bren couldn’t understand the man, er, shadow, at all. He seemed to be a living, walking conundrum. Which was why the ginger was thankful he didn’t have much contact with the thing.

Unlike his sister…

He bit back a frown, glancing at Corvina. Watching as her eyes contracted and then pulsed, as if in constant flux. Bren swallowed the lump in his throat.

I said,” a loud bang made Bren’s head ring, pain sprouting from his temples, “Have you nothing to say?

“Are we allowed to speak now?” Bren retorted, lifting his face from the ground. He rubbed his head, the sound still buzzing in his ears.

The shadowy figure seated above them billowed and then grew, covering the throne room. Bren’s stomach twisted for a moment, but he didn’t back down, refusing to give in to the sudden, gnawing fear in his chest.

He could see Corvina’s wide eyes and shaking head out of the corner of his eye but he ignored her.

“Really need to get a better janitor, boss, floors are disgusting.” Bren smirked.

Corvina let out a small whine, eyes squeezing shut.

Before he could register what was happening, pain shot through his nerves, like needles severing his skin. He let out a sudden cry before being silenced by the long, inky tentacles that held his face, poking and prodding into his skin.

He writhed against it, grabbing the tentacles with his hands, but they refused to release. They dragged him by the head closer to the shadow figure, holding him in midair.

“Foolish, boooy!” The shadow growled, voice deep now. Rumbling.

Bren’s heart thumped as he kicked and wriggled, trying to free himself. The tentacles slowly wrapped around his neck, squeezing ever so slowly.

“No, Master! Wait!” Corvina shrieked, standing to her feet, still at the staircase of the throne. She hunched slightly, holding out a hand, eyes wide and filled with unshed tears. “He didn’t mean anything by it. He…He’s young. Doesn’t know when to hold his tongue. You haven’t taught him like you have me…”

“You are too soft…Corvus…He should never have been here. I will take care of him.”

“No! P-Please…Master. Remember…the-the plan? It’s been changed for years now! He’s part of it…we need him!”

“Never needed him.”

Bren squeezed his eyes shut at that agonizing, piercing truth.

Unwanted.

“Master…please…I…” Corvina lowered herself again to her knees, a few tears having escaped her eyes. “I beg you. I-I’ll make sure he doesn’t speak out again. Please…”

Bren’s brows furrowed, guilt rising in his chest at the sight of his sister, begging before this…thing. A small, pitiful noise escaped from the tentacles; the only thing Bren could give to try and stop his sister from humiliating herself.

He wasn’t worth this.

“…So be it.”

The tentacles released, immediately dropping Bren to the floor. He hit the stone floor with a thud, groaning as he landed on his right arm. He rolled over, rubbing his head.

“Make sure he does not fail me…Corvus….”

“He…He won’t, Master.” Bren lifted himself slightly, meeting his sister’s eyes. Her shoulders fell with what seemed like relief, her face streaked with tears.

“See to it…For it is time…Destiny has begun.”

Bren held his sister’s gaze, blue on blue, each knowing that from this day forward, nothing would be the same.

And failure wasn’t an option…

“You’re worried…”

Corvina sighed, arms gripping her shoulders as if in an effort to warm herself. She leaned against a stone pillar, looking out past the expanse of land beyond. “Of course I am. Did you take nothing from what just happened?”

Bren rubbed the back of his head, looking away. “I…” What should he say? “I’m sorry…”

“Don’t apologize,” Corvina shook her head. Her eyes met his and she smiled. “I honestly would’ve said the same thing. It’s just…You have to be more careful.”

“That’s not all you’re worried about…is it?” Bren asked, coming to stand beside his sister. She closed her eyes, bowing her head, as if the weight of the world was on her shoulders. “Is it because we’re going to be separated?”

“I thought…I thought we were going in together.”

“Hey, it’ll be fine! Come on, I take care of myself.”

“Uh huh…”

“Okay…so earlier was a bad example,” He admitted, chuckling morbidly.

“It’s just…”

“Just what?”

“We’re going into a kingdom that’s the complete opposite of everything we’ve known. You’re going into it. Alone. To try and…Gain the trust of these people.”

“Psh, you think I can’t?” He offered her a brilliant, shining smirk. “This is me we’re talking about! I’ll charm their pants off.”

Corvina laughed. Shook her head.

“I…that’s…not exactly what I’m worried about…”

Bren raised a brow, taking a small step in front of the ebony-haired girl. “You know something, don’t you…something you’re not telling me.” Corvina bit her lip, looking away. Shame and guilt filled her features. Bren’s eyes widened slightly.

“You do! You’re hiding something from me! Seriously?!”

“It’s just…I thought I was protecting you! But now…” She groaned, rubbing her head with both hands. “I don’t know anymore. I never thought we’d get split up…”

“What is it? Come on…you gotta tell me!” He poked her a couple times in the arm, making her swat at him. “Come oooon, Vi! You can’t keep secrets from me, you know it!”

“Agh, stop that!”

“Please? Pretty please?” He pouted, batting his baby blues.

“Don’t give me that look! You know I-” She sighed, exasperated. “Fine…but…don’t be upset…please?”

“With you? Never,” he smiled.

Corvina sucked in a breath. “You know our mystery girl?” Bren nodded, face contorting in confusion. “I…I know who she is.”

“YOU WHA-”

“Shhh! Keep it down would ya? Now, I don’t know everything but…well…she lives in this kingdom we’re going to…”

Bren’s eyes nearly popped out of his skull. “Seriously?! And you didn’t think to tell me this sooner?!”

“I didn’t exactly know where we were going…”

“Still!” He leaned back against the pillar, a small smile on his face. “Huh…”

“That’s…not the only thing.”

“There’s more?”

“I…ah…nevermind. You’ll find out soon enough,” Corvina said.

“You and your secrets.”

“Just trying to keep you safe.” She smiled. Her eyes drifted to him, a smirk growing on her lips. “What? You excited to finally get to meet her?”

“Oh hush. You know I’m just curious.”

“Oh…yes…just curious. Not like you’ve been spying on her for years.”

“I haven’t! That makes it sound creepy.”

“It kind of is…”

“Shut up!” He blushed slightly as Corvina shoved him, laughing.

She sighed, leaning her head against the pillar. A few moments of silence passed. “Remember the plan, okay? Get in, gain the royals trust, get information, get out.”

“You worry too much,” Bren crossed his arms, leaning on his sister’s shoulder. “I’ll be fine” Corvina turned to him, nodding slowly. She ran a few fingers through his curls, smiling.

“Make sure of it, alright hothead?”

“Hey!” He swatted her hand away, making her laugh.

A small, sad look swept through Corvina’s eyes, but before Bren could mention it, the dark-haired girl flung her arms around the boy’s shoulders, pulling him into her. Bren’s eyes widened, heat flooding him as well as electricity.

He smiled, returning the fond embrace.

I promise, I’ll make you proud.

Failure wasn’t an option.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12 awwwwwwwwwww, i love it!!!!😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

The shadowy presense is Eder, correct? idk, i may be wrong XD But i’m PRETTY SURE i’m right, lol

anywhooo, I LOVE IT!!!! Can’t wait to see where this goes 😉

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 yup! It tis!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12

also pretty sure we can allllll guess who the “Mysterious girl” mentioned from the very first chapter is XD XD XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12 yayyy, i got it right!! XD

ahhh, yes, I believe we can 😀 😉 XD

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3221

@godlyfantasy12

Ooooh, Ara’s coming soon!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Euodia
                @euodia-vision
                  • Total Posts: 1306

@godlyfantasy12

Oooooh! Can’t wait for Ara!

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12

@EVERYONE! Heyo! Just wanted to let ya know I’m “hoping” to have the next chapter up tonight sometime!

Also… we will be going into Act I!!! WOOHOO!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Lydia S.
                    @lydia-s
                      • Total Posts: 399

@godlyfantasy12

Just read your first chapter to this. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! SO GOOD!!! He’s such a sweet brother, oh my goodness…

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by Lydia S..
                    Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    >