Destined Fanfic: Pyromania AU!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Destined Fanfic: Pyromania AU!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    GodlyFantasy12
    @godlyfantasy12
      • Total Posts: 6645

That’s also why this fic too is so interesting. Choices and the choices made by others have such lasting affects.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
      #ProtectMarcel
      #ProtectSeb

Smiley
      @smiley
        • Total Posts: 2179

@godlyfantasy12

I was scrolling on Pinterest (as I often do XD) when I saw a quote that reminded me of this story so much

“I had a Father, but I never had a Dad.”

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

Whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Total Posts: 2637

@smiley

Woah, thanks for that detail!! That DOES make the movie better.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Smiley
          @smiley
            • Total Posts: 2179

@whalekeeper

Thanks XD I used to watch a ton of videos about Disney movies I was a Disney nerd XD

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

@smiley AWWW 😭 THAT IS SO FITTING FOR NOVEMBER/BREN AND RIVEN

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3221

@godlyfantasy12

Oh, I love ittt!! 😆😊

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12

CHAPTER 3 IS HEEEERREEE!! (THIS IS A LONG OOOONEEEE!!!!)

TW: Minor parent manipulation but not really? XD

Chapter 3

Vi

“Riven!”

Corvina’s cape flashed as she tore down the hall, boots clicking against the stone floor. She growled, graying eyes growing darker by the second.

“Her missstresss,” A few robed, hunched figures bowed their heads as she passed, their scraggly fingers reaching from their long sleeves to catch the fringes of her cape. “In a hurryyy?”

“Where isss the firre?” They cackled, hissing to each other, like hags gossiping over a fire.

“Perhappsss should askk whoo is the firre?”

Corvina let out an angered cry, throwing her arm back at the robed figures. A cold wind blew from the corners of the moonlit castle, blasting a dark, inky force across the room. The hags shrieked and bellow as they were knocked off balance by the sudden onslaught.

“Missstress naughty! Naughty, naughty!”

Corvina glared, nostrils flaring. She didn’t have time for this!

She turned back on her heels, ignoring the cries of the would-be witches behind her.

“Riven! Where are you?” She turned down a lone corridor of open windows, the moonlight beaming in and illuminating her shadow across the floor. She let out a small shudder, her eyes catching as it moved in tandem with her.

Despite her ability…she had yet to get used to the shadows that lurked about.

Much less her own.

“My darling? Is that you I hear calling?”

Corvina lifted her head, the uneasiness washing away. Now, it was replaced with anger. And suspicion. She stopped at a curtain covered opening, and, lifting the purple fabric, entered.

Riven stood, back to her, staring over the gray lands outside of the castle. He lifted a cup from the table beside him, taking it to to his lips before turning to face Corvina. He smiled, eyes lidded in a way that made him look too much like a snake.

Corvina crossed her arms, scowling.

She hated snakes.

“Ah, my dear.”

“I’m not your dear.”

“Corvina, don’t be like that.” Riven set his cup back down, a single brow raising as if in question. Slowly, he approached, hands held out. “It’s been a while since we’ve seen each other. I know you’re kept awfully busy with your…studies, but I must admit it feels now as though you’re purposely avoiding me.”

“What would give you that idea?” Corvina muttered, rolling her eyes.

“Vina,”

“Don’t you ever call me that,” Corvina snapped, suddenly chin to chin with her father.

Or, mostly, as she had to look up a bit to meet his dark eyes.

She poked him in the chest. Hard.

“You don’t ever. Call. Me. That.”

Riven smiled slightly, “Hm. Well, looks like your studies are going well.”

Corvina’s cheeks swelled in anger and her nails dug into her palms. She let out a cry of annoyance, turning away from her father and giving a nearby piece of furniture a good, hard kick.

“Still hasn’t done anything for your temper though…Suppose he’s still a bit unhappy about that.” Corvina huffed, glaring at her father through a mess of ebony locks. Riven tilted his head, letting out a small sigh. His smile shifted, looking a bit more…sentimental then condescending.

“So like your mother.”

Corvina’s pupils contracted, narrowing like a cat’s. She gripped the neck of her cape, wheezing in a breath as the room spun around her. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to stop the sudden dizziness.

“I am nothing like her…”

“Really? I see many resemblances.”

“Just…enough.” She released her clenched fists, revealing trails of blood on her palm.

She couldn’t even feel it.

Everything was too numb.

“Where is Bren? I can’t find him.” Corvina stared at her father, gaze as steady as she could make it. Riven gave a small shrug, walking back to his earlier spot at the window. He lifted his glass.

“I saw him moments ago, but he ran off soon after.”

“What did you do to him?” Corvina glared, a small breeze blowing in from the window behind Riven. The cold air grew, lifting her cape slightly off the ground. A few shadows shook against the walls. Waiting. Watching.

All she had to do was call for them.

“If you’ve hurt him…”

“I assure you he’s fine, dear.”

“I’m not your dear!” She said, causing the wind in the room to cease, her control gone. She growled, shaking her head. “Why did I bother.” She turned from her father, lifting the purple curtain.

“Best hurry with finding your brother. He doesn’t like to be kept waiting.”

Corvina leaned against the wall, watching as her baby brother skulked about on tip-toe, head hunched. He kept to the shadows, dark clothes blending in, but his form could use some work. And his hair…

Well, he might as well held a spotlight to his head.

She held back a laugh, knowing full well his efforts were in vain. Not that she’d ever tell him.

She blew out a small puff of air, and with it a small, gentle flurry of shadows flew, enveloping her brother until he was nearly out of sight; at least to those who didn’t investigate. Bren didn’t even notice.

She shook her head, still grinning.

Reaching a narrow staircase, the two began their downward spiral, Bren still oblivious to his sister’s eerily quiet presence following.

She’d have to talk to him about that…

At the end of the staircase was an extremely small space, lit only by one sconce, the fire within glowing a brilliant blue. Corvina shifted uncomfortably, feeling a bit claustrophobic. The door behind was large, made of stone and covered in dark, inky vines.

Unlike your natural vines, however, these moved; like tentacles, surging with every breath and heartbeat. Nausea wafted through Corvina as she watched the slimy, thick-creatures?-move and pulse.

Bren straightened and the shadows faded, his frame now lit by the glowing blue light. Corvina watched from a step above on the staircase as the ginger leaned in, whispering a phrase.

He still hadn’t told her how he’d learned it.

As soon as he finished, the thick tentacle-like beings began to writhe and violently shrink back from the door, allowing Bren to reach the handle. Once he was sure they were gone-both kids were all too aware of the consequences should one of the tentacles touch you-he opened the door.

Quickly sliding in behind him before the door shut, Corvina took in the room around her.

She’d been inside quite a few times over the years, but it still gave her the creeps.

It was fairly simple; a circular room, full of tapestries with varying colors and designs, all with dark color schemes, no surprise. But the main attraction was the round table in the center, and the small, standing mirror set upon it.

The mirror was clear as crystal, showing no signs of dust, though the rest of the room was full of it, including the table it sat on. The silver rims sparkled and blinked in the blue firelight and smoke wafted from the edges of the tablecloth.

Corvina shuddered.

Bren stared at the mirror, as if in awe, and then, sucked in a breath.

“Whatcha doing?”

Corvina covered her ears at the loud shriek that left her brother’s lips as he spun around, face white as a sheet. His eyes were wide as bulbs and his chest heaved, entire body shaking.

“OH MY GOSH! WHAT ARE YOU-WHY-HOW-”

“Shh! Do you want people to hear you?! Or worse, to break the mirror? Yeesh! I wouldn’t be surprised if someone’s headed down here now to find the dying cat they just heard.”

Bren gasped, placing his hands on both knees as he bent over, trying to regain his composure. “You scared the darkness out of me…”

“Pshh, as if. Take a bit more than that to scare all the darkness out of us.” Corvina smiled, though she felt a small pang in her heart as she spoke.

“True, true.” He grinned, running a hand through his hair. “But seriously, how did you follow me?”

“Uh, spoiler alert, you suck at being sneaky. Also, you’ve gotta start watching your back.” She sighed. Bren chuckled, blushing a bit. “My turn. What are you doing down here? I thought we agreed no more little visits…”

Bren scratched the back of his head, a guilty look passing his face. “Yea…I know.” He straightened. Shrugged. “I just thought, maybe…One last visit? You know, since we’re about to go off and “Fulfill our Destinies,” he quoted dramatically. Corvina laughed.

“You…do realize she somehow ties in…right?”

“Well…I mean…obviously but, we don’t know how, right?” Corvina didn’t answer, a small twinge of pain sprouting from her chest. Of guilt.

Truth was…

She did know who the girl was…

She didn’t know everything of course, but…the fact that she’d kept anything from Bren was…painful enough. But…did she have a choice?

No, you’re protecting him. It’ll all be okay.

“Besides…I like coming down here sometimes.”

“I don’t see why,” Corvina rubbed her shoulders, frowning.

“I don’t know…It’s…peaceful? Kinda gets you away from everyone, you know?” Bren looked away, blue eyes no longer in the present. Corvina’s brows furrowed and she gently touched her brother’s arm.

“Hey. Did…” She bit down the bile in her throat, “Dad say something to you?”

Bren flinched a bit, “W-What? N-No! He didn’t say anything…I’m just…a bit nervous, that’s all.” Bren rubbed his neck, still not meeting her eyes.

Corvina’s fists clenched, eyes narrowing.

She knew her brother only stuttered when he was lying.

Or nervous.

“Well…if you’re sure…”

“I am, really Vi,” Bren smiled slightly.

Corvina sighed, nodding. “Alright…well…while I’d love to leave you here for a while, we were called to meet with you know who over an hour ago…I doubt he’s pleased…”

Bren chuckled morbidly, “Yea…ah…think he’ll give us a slap on the wrist?”

Corvina looked up. Smiled fondly.

Reaching out, she ran a hand through her brother’s curls. “You don’t have anything to worry about. I’ll take care of it.”

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 8156

@godlyfantasy12 Ahh, I love it!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍

I really love this!!!

@lightoverdarkness6
                    @starshiness @hybridlore @euodia-vision @esther-c @smiley EVERYONE!!!

There’s another chapter *points up* XD

GodlyFantasy12
                    @godlyfantasy12

@freedomwriter76 thank u! and thx for the tags XD

AND AGH I AM LOOOOVING WRITING THEIR SIBLING RELATIONSHIP! GAAAAH IT’S SO GREAT GIVING CORVINA SOMEONE SOB!!!!!

SHE IS SO MUCH HAPPIER!

No things are definitely not perfect and she still has trauma but compared to the actual series…

she’s so much happier with her brother around…like…yall *sobs*

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                      #ProtectMarcel
                      #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12

Soooo I might get chapter 4 up today too because I legit cannot WAIT to get into Act I XD XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

Euodia
                        @euodia-vision
                          • Total Posts: 1306

@godlyfantasy12

Awwww they’re SO sweet together! I loved how you had Bren oblivious to Corvina following him and then how she scared him. 😂

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Esther
                          @esther-c

@godlyfantasy12

I love their sibling dynamic so much. 🥰 It’s so different from the actual story. 😬 But I like it 😉

Esther
                            @esther-c

And how Corvina scared Bren 😂 That was hilarious XD

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Total Posts: 3875

@godlyfantasy12 I’m really late to this but it’s so cool!!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                                @keilah-h
                                  • Total Posts: 3875

TBH I like this November (Or Bren, really, awesome name btw) And UGH RIVEN YOU’RE JUST AS BAD AS THE OTHER UNIVERSE

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >