Contemporary Western Novel

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Contemporary Western Novel

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17
      • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine I tested the blank document too; I have to request access.

You don’t mind if I read you story too do ya? 😉

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
      www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
      @rochellaine
        • Total Posts: 3322

@jenwriter17 You had to request access, and you couldn’t get in just from the link?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
        @jenwriter17

@rochellaine that’s right.

www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine

Okay, @kaya-young @jenwriter17 Try this link to the next section of Chara’s story! 😀

My stories are usually heavy with dialogue, and since a lot of this has just Chara in it, there isn’t that much dialogue, and I’m afraid the readers will get bogged down and it’ll be hard to understand what’s going on in the long paragraphs.  So please cut and slash with your comments as much as you like!  I really need to know how to make this good. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Kaya Young
            @kaya-young
              • Total Posts: 272

@rochellaine   The link worked, but it says “View only”. Do you want me to post comments in the KP forum?

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
              http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@kaya-young I just didn’t want a whole bunch of random people posting comments in there without me knowing.  But I’d love it if you would!  Just click the “view only” button and it’ll show you where you can request editing access. 😉

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                @ariel-ashira
                  • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine. Just read all the comments on this topic.  I typically run when it comes to western books, especially those involving romance.  But I would definatley read this one!!!

I love Chara already.  I can identify with being small.  Her personality sounds similar to one of my characters.  I would definatley say DON’T LET ROMANCE BE WHAT SOLVES HER PROBLEMS!  IT’S GOT TO GO DEEPER THAN THAT!  For sure make God be what ultimately helps her.

Not that I am against romance.  Let her be kidnapped.  Have Derek save her.  I try to have the girl and boy characters in my stories save eachother at least once.  🙂  I love that kind of romance.  But yeah, let them argue and have thier relationship be realist too.

Sounds like a fantastic story!

(It is intimidating critiquing the book of someone in law school.)  😀

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira I’m glad you like Chara!  She’s a lot like me as well…

How many times do you want Derek to save her?!  He just saved her in the first few pages, which I’m assuming you’ve read since you know so much about Chara? 😛

Hahahahaha!  Being a law student has nothing to do with the ability to write fiction!  If you want to comment on the section I just wrote you can request access like Kaya and Jen. 😉

@jenwriter17
                    think I sent you the access link…

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
                    @jenwriter17

@rochellaine Just finished reading it! I really enjoyed it and I’m dying to know what happens! I can relate to Chara’s uncertainty about directions. I will never drive without a GPS XD

www.jennaterese.com

Ariel Ashira
                      @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine I said I had read all the comments, not your story!  I’m checking that out right now.

Being a law student does affect how much you intimidate your fellow Kapeefers with your speeches, and why your character is a police sort of person.  🙂  No offense though, please keep making speeches!

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
                        @rochellaine

@jenwriter17 😀  I’m glad you liked it!

Wow.  I thought you’d have way more comments than that!  I read them on the doc and you didn’t have any in the whole middle section that I thought would be boring since there was only one character there?

Hahaha.  And imagine what it was like for our parents?  I do remember far back into my childhood when my parents used a physical, foldable map in their laps when we were driving cross-country! 😀

I’ll try to get the next part out to you as soon as possible!  I’ve already written part of it. 😉

@ariel-ashira
                          You know there’s the original document before this one, right?  You should read that one first since it’s the beginning of the book.

Ah, please forgive my intimidatingness!  😛 I really don’t intend to intimidate.  If I ever intimidate again, please intimidate me back! 😀

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
                          @ariel-ashira

@rochellaine I just read it!  That was awesome!   And I am sorry, but I am bad at being intimidating.  I like the role of loyal sidekick, so I hate criticizing you at all. 🙂

"In a mask, was he?"

Ariel Ashira
                            @ariel-ashira

Is it okay to say I like Chara even if I don’t know much about her? @rochellaine

"In a mask, was he?"

Jenna Terese
                              @jenwriter17

@rochellaine Well I like Chara enough to be satisfied with just her 😉

Holy guacamole! physical maps?! my, my……I get dizzy just lookin’ at ’em 😉

www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                                @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira Did you read both parts?  The one from the beginning and the one I just posted?

Ah, too bad.  I have a feeling that I should be more intimidated now and then.  Could you recommend someone who’d be more willing to do it? 😀

Yes!  It’s okay to like Chara!  I have a character – Derek’s sister Raelyn – who I absolutely adore, even though I haven’t written a single word about her yet! 😀  And I’m so glad you do like Chara.

@jenwriter17
                                  *squeals* Oh really?  You like Chara that much?!  Hooray for me, for writing an interesting character!  I’m so proud of myself. *pats self on the back*

I have a feeling we ought to at least know how to follow a little of a physical map, don’t you think?  What if there’s an EMP attack?  GPS won’t work then.

…Ohh, don’t be scared.  I wasn’t trying to scare you! 😛

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >