Character Interviews

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Character Interviews

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 248 total)
  • Author
    LoopyLin
    @loopylin
      • Total Posts: 2035

@whalekeeper

Lois: They can be used for anything. Strength and endurance spells are pretty commonly used by construction workers, and healing spells for physicians obviously. But Felicity just uses them for goofing off and occasionally for self defense. I can only create about two or three spells in a row before collapsing from exhaustion, so it’s not really a daily thing.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Scoutillus Finch
      @scoutfinch180
        • Total Posts: 413

@loopylin

Ooo, what kind of magic does Lois use? (sorry if you already answered this question lol) How does the magic work to cause spells?

I guess I’ll introduce my character:

Angus (name could be changed later, idk): A stoic immortal soldier with a pet wolf/big dog who gets stuck making sure two teenagers don’t get themselves killed on his quest to find his also immortal love interest.

Lenora (the immortal Love interest): The Eternal Queen, at least as she’s been dubbed. she has immense powers as long as she stays within the limits of her city, but can control things from afar. she’s seemingly nice, but her determination to get what she wants and her embitterment toward the past make her less so when push comes to shove, and she keeps her people subservient by pinning all the evil that happens on someone called ‘the inventor’.

I figured I could include these two because they have about as much chemistry as a saltine cracker and I need to figure Lenora out more lol. (also dosen’t help that in the first half of the story all I have to introduce her is people who know her and flashbacks I have no idea how to include lol 😭)

We crazy people are the normal ones.

LoopyLin
        @loopylin

I can only create about two or three spells in a row before collapsing from exhaustion

Ok, maybe more like four or five? I’m still figuring this out XD

LoopyLin
          @loopylin

@scoutfinch180

Here’s Lois’ explanation from earlier “In our realm, there are two kinds of magic users: spell weavers and spell casters. Weavers naturally generate magical energy, but aren’t able to use it themselves. We have to give our magical energy to casters instead, by making a spell. Spells are just symbols drawn on a caster’s skin that are infused with magic. I’m a weaver. Felicity is a caster.”

They’re pretty much like magical tattoos that fade with use. I’m still trying to figure out downsides and limits to the magic system because right now they can pretty much do anything that they can draw which is a bit op.

LoopyLin
            @loopylin

@scoutfinch180

Here’s some questions :]

Angus and Lenora, have you always been immortal, or were you born as a common mortal and then were somehow magically given immortality?

And also, Angus, what’s your dog’s name and can I pet him?

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3213

@beth-torres

Ok, so every time I hear his name, I keep thinking of the movies Top Gun and Top Gun: Maverick. I don’t even know if you’ve watched those. XD

Anyway… for Maverick:

Ah, I guess people just don’t recognize your wisdom. Now, I have to ask, was there ever a time when someone didn’t listen to your advice and they got hurt or got in trouble?

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Scoutillus Finch
                @scoutfinch180
                  • Total Posts: 413

@loopylin

Oh, cool!

Angus would say that he dosen’t think he was always immortal, because injuries used to heal a lot slower than they do now, and he would decline for you to pet Wolfy (he’s bad at naming things, and it’s a nod to an old stuffed animal I had) but Wolfy would make you pet him anyway.

Lenora, who’s responsible for the immortality, would say that they were once mortal, as she used an ancient magic she discovered and harnessed, and now they will rule side-by side as the Eternal King and Queen.

We crazy people are the normal ones.

Beth Torres
                  @beth-torres
                    • Total Posts: 332

@esther-c

Lol! Though I haven’t seen that show tbh.

Maverick: I can recall minor situations, but as far as someone being in real danger, no. I tell a king he was doing his job wrong and he tried to kill me, so I don’t know if he fixed his… mess of a kingdom.

Please confer to me a moment as I proceed to scrutinize this thought to the maximum degree.

Esther
                    @esther-c

@beth-torres

Yeah, the second one, Top Gun: Maverick, is really good, but I’ve heard the first one’s not that good. I would recommend them, but they do have some things in there, so if you really wanted to watch it I’d suggest looking into it first.

Anddd, I can’t think of anything else to ask Maverick so I’ll leave it at that. XD

freedom
                      @freed_and_redeemed
                        • Total Posts: 333

@esther-c I have never watched either Top Gun, although I have watched another Tom Cruise movie, and it was 🔥

sorry, had to jump in here XD

'Thought I'd wait'
                        'For what?'
                        'For the right partner'

Esther
                        @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed

Oooh, really? Which one was it? I think the only other movies that he’s played in that I can think of off the top of my head are the Mission Impossible movies.

freedom
                          @freed_and_redeemed

@esther-c Valkyrie!! One of the best WW2 (and cleanest!!) movies I’ve ever watched!! One of my friends–he likes WW2 movies and WW2 in general, haha–agrees that it’s one of the best WW2 movies ever.

It still has some cussing and things but overall even tho it’s rated PG-13 it’s really clean for a war movie and it’s just really good in general.

It’s on Amazon Prime if you have Prime! That’s where I watched it😂

It’s about the real Operation Valkyrie and the July 1944 bomb plot to kill Hitler

ok, I should prob stop before this turns into a ww2 rant XD

'Thought I'd wait'
                            'For what?'
                            'For the right partner'

Esther
                            @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed

Ok, so that sounds AWESOME!!!

I’m going to have to find that and watch it!!

freedom
                              @freed_and_redeemed

@esther-c eeeee yessssssssssss!!! ✨✨You’ll have to tell me what you think of it!!!✨✨

'Thought I'd wait'
                                'For what?'
                                'For the right partner'

Esther
                                @esther-c

@freed_and_redeemed

For sure!! 😄

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 248 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >