Character Castle!

Home Page › Forums › Fiction Writing › General Writing Discussions › Character Castle!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 5,581 through 5,595 (of 6,639 total)
  • Author
    TheLoonyOne
    @theloonyone
      • Total Posts: 404

@keilah-h @freedomwriter76

Elissa

Elissa pursed her lips as she listened to Cammie and Feather’s conversation. What the Colonel- what Hitchens had done was horrible but what was causing the most anger to her was the little bit of information she now had about what had happened to Crosshair. She still remembered what had happened between them in the hall vividly, and while she had been scared at the time, the more she found out about his past, the more she can imagine what could’ve been going through his head then. He must’ve been more scared than she was to react how he did.

Like many times before, Elissa wished she could just go and talk to someone, to help them. Unfortunately, that had never been how she released her emotions. With a set to her shoulders and a small glare, Eliss walked past Cammie and Feather and stopped beside Hitchens. “So,” she said, not at all sure what she was going to say to the man. “Hitchens, right?”

(I spent like five minutes just sitting there thinking of what she should say to him. Because I had no idea, I went with her also having no idea 😁😐)

Light
      @lightoverdarkness6
        • Total Posts: 1626

@freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings

Matthew

Jared glanced around nervously as sweet Lesli handed him a plate filled with delicious food.

Tauren and I sat side by side, watching anxiously as Tony spoke with ‘Crow’.

He was now in hand-cuffs, and Tony would make sure that he couldn’t harm us…

But Jared still seemed uneasy.

And, to be honest, I was too.

“Hey maybe you could get that key from him too?” Tauren asked Tony, nodding at Jared.

“Oh yes. The key.” Lesli scoffed underneath her breath, before her gaze strayed to Jared, who was staring at his plate nervously.

“Can I-I really e-eat this…?” He said softly, still unbelieving.

His meekness and discipline was astonishing, and I felt a wave of disgust and pity.

Pity for Jared. By the look of him, he hadn’t eaten much…

And disgust for what-ever-his-name-was-crow-guy.

Tony nodded at Jared. “Dig in. Don’t worry about that Crow over there.” He turned to Tauren. “I can try to get the key…Crow over there might try to fight back though. Think you could distract him, Hurricane Hair?”

I leaned back in my chair, but then Tony said, “How about you, Matthew, wanna help? Lesli can stay with Jared if she wants.”

I looked up quickly.

“You don’t have to help if you don’t want to.” Tony added, dropping an easy smile.

“You…you want m-me to h-help?” I asked dubiously.

No one ever wants my help…

And I don’t blame them. I’m not much help at all…

Tony’s eyebrows furrowed. “Is there another Matthew somewhere in here?” He asked. “Yes, you,” he exclaimed.

“But, as I said before, you don’t have to help unless you want to.”

A slow smile spread across my face.

He really does want my help! 

I nodded eagerly. “S-sure! What do you need me to do?”

#HugRikerSquad

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 3875

@theloonyone I’m sorry if Crosshair scared you, Elissa……he gets like that sometimes. Even I can’t control him completely.

And hey, not knowing what she’ll say opens up opportunities for @freedomwriter76 to RP!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 8156

@keilah-h @theloonyone

HITCHENS

“So, Hitchens, right?” Elissa asked, stopping beside him.

Hitchens turned to face her, offering the fine maiden a soft smile. “That is correct. Is something amiss, Madam?”

Elissa quickly shook her head, glancing over her shoulder for a quick moment at Feather and Cammie.

Hitchens bit the inside of his cheek.

He’d partially heard Feather…and he’d most certainly heard Crosshair.

They didn’t want him here.

That much was obvious.

And if he didn’t say otherwise…they would get the others to believe and want the same.

Elissa faced him again, and Hitchens gave her a slightly playful grin. “I’d recommend…ignoring your acquaintances. They have only met me once, and it was in a chaotic moment. They have…judged me on one thing. But an officer does what he must in these times.”

He didn’t have time for everyone in this group to be against him.

They were either for him or against him.

And they would regret being against him.

But right now wasn’t the time to attack.

He was outnumbered.

He needed to wait…for the perfect moment.

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 @theloonyone

Oh, boy. Hitchens’ words might’ve touched a nerve.

Crosshair

“I’d recommend…ignoring your acquaintances. They have only met me once, and it was in a chaotic moment. They have…judged me on one thing. But an officer does what he must in these times.” Hitchens was introducing himself to Elissa.

But an officer does what he must in these times.

The words echoed through Crosshair’s mind, even though he knew they weren’t meant for him.

Had Rampart been “doing what he must”? Had Hemlock? Nolan? Tarkin?

Torturing him? Exiling Cody? Imprisoning Howzer or any of the others?

Was that simply “what must be done?”

Crosshair tightened his grip on his rifle, trying to restrain the growl building in his throat and the angry words that’d come with it.

He’d been starved, frozen, poisoned (twice). All because of them.

That wasn’t “what must be done.”

That was manipulation.

Or torment.

Or both.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous

@keilah-h Crosshair!!!! 😭😭😭

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 IKR? Poor guy…….

TheLoonyOne
                  @theloonyone
                    • Total Posts: 404

@keilah-h @freedomwriter76

elissa

Elissa clenched her fists as Hitchens spoke. She could see Crosshair in front of them, tensing and tightening his grip on his rifleas he listened. “I think, Elissa started, “That what someone does during a chaotic moment tells you a lot about them.”

Anonymous

@keilah-h @theloonyone Uh oh…tension is brewing!!! 😬

HITCHENS

“I think, that what someone does during a chaotic moment tells you a lot about them.” Elissa said, her gaze on Crosshair.

Hitchens merely nodded.

Hmm…maybe it would be best if he left this group sooner rather than later.

He shrugged. “Whatever opinion you believe is none of my business. Doesn’t make it right or intelligent.”

(uh oh…😅)

Anonymous

@lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings  I should probably do Tony, huh? XD

And Light, Matthew is just sooo sweet and cute!!! ❤️❤️❤️

TONY

A slow smile spread across Matthew’s face. He nodded eagerly. “S-sure! What do you need me to do?”

Tony smiled.

This kid didn’t seem to be used to people asking him for help…and he had heart, that much was obvious. Maybe even a bit of spunk.

Like Peter.

Who wasn’t here.

Tony pushed that painful thought aside and faced Matthew again. “I need to get the key from around Acheron’s neck and that’s also underneath his armor. You could help me with that, or….you could be a distraction. Take your pick. Tauren can do the other if he’d like, or both of you can decide what to do together, either way, we need to get that key and release this kid.” He nodded towards Jared, who was eating food with a starved vigor.

Poor kid.

(Tony called Tauren by his name for once!!! 😍)

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

@theloonyone @freedomwriter76

Crosshair

“Whatever opinion you believe is none of my business. Doesn’t make it right or intelligent.” Hitchens muttered.

“And what do you call ‘right?'” Crosshair snarled, loud enough to make Feather and Cammie look up from their conversation. “Would you torture a man for not agreeing with you? Would you leave him stranded in the cold if he told you something you didn’t like?” He looked from the officer to Elissa. “I’ve dealt with the likes of you before, Colonel Hitchens. My friend…my brother…he–he died because of someone like you.”

He raised his rifle. “And I made sure that man wouldn’t hurt anyone else. So unless you want the same thing to happen to you, I suggest you stay quiet.”

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 Hitchens has full permission from me to hurt Crosshair however he wants, just keep these in mind:

1. no lethal injuries
                            2. nothing that will take months to heal (like a broken limb)

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@loopylin @princesachronicle22 @mineralizedwritings Anyone going to RP for our group? I know @freedomwriter76 mentioned maybe getting the other group close so loopylin’s twins could be reunited.

Anonymous

@keilah-h @theloonyone

HITCHENS

Crosshair raised his…weapon, rifle-like thing. “And I made sure that man wouldn’t hurt anyone else. So unless you want the same thing to happen to you, I suggest you stay quiet.”

Hitchens gave a low chuckle. “My…isn’t someone in a mood? I never said I would hurt anyone, Crosshair…there’s no need to be…rash.”

He smiled easily, sadistically. “…And I’d suggest for everyone in this room to calm down.”

PrincesaChronicle22
                                @princesachronicle22
                                  • Total Posts: 759

@keilah-h @mineralizedwritings @loopylin

Yeah I was just about to do Serin! (;

sorry it was so late though

SERIN

The pain… the.. burning..

Her thoughts were muddled. She had been dimly aware of the group moving her out to the huge ball room. Then a strange face appearing as she’d been layed out on the marbled floor. Now she rest with her eyes closed, head rested on a jacket someone had given her.

She heard nearby murmers and the faint crackling of a fire. Then faint footsteps. Her eyes struggled to open and she caught a glimpse of a woman, reaching for her arm. Her painfully clenched limbs struggled to move away, but it was futile and her arm was then held in a gentle grip.

Serin gave a sigh as a warm substance coated her arm, seeping nto the punctured crevices and providing a deep relief fron her pain. Her muscles relaxed and the woman let her arm fall lightly to the floor.

Her thoughts blurred together.

Should have weathered the pain… too weak…….

But.. too strong….

They’re… helping me… why..?

Her mind drifted off, fatigue and soreness coating her. Serin drempt of home, of the people she needed to get back to. The blacks, whites and reds colored her mind in pictures. Of her little niece, who could be in danger for all she knew, of her father, of Kun’en left to run an army without her. She tried to push the nagging mental images away, wanting instead to sink into silence… into darkness…

CRASH!

Serin’s eyes shot open and she blinked up at darkness. It took a moment to remeber where she was, what had happened. As the details slowly came back, she gave a soft grunt and sat up, feeling much stranger than she had before, though still weaker than normal. She wasn’t sure how much time had past or how long she’d been asleep, but it couldn’t have been more than an hour or so.

She looked around to see what had caused the loud sound, wondering if she had imagined it. Then Serin noticed Ellie glancing about the vast space as well, dying coals under an odd looking pot faintly illuminating her form. “Wha–” her voice came out dry and she coughed before trying again. “What was that?”

“Oh, your awake.” Serin couldn’t see the girl’s expression clearly in the dimness, but she thought she saw maybe just a measure of relief. But she was probably imagining things, her mind still dreary from the poisen. Ellie’s tail twitched and she shook her head before saying, “I don’t know. But whatever it was… we should probably check it out. Just to be safe.”

Serin nodded nodded in tired agreement, before moving to stand up, willing her muscles to obey. Faint spots protruded into her vision and she tried not to sway, covering her weakness as best she could. She grabbed Ellie’s jacket and handed it back without looking at her. She still didn’t fully understand their help and kindness. Serin had only known them for a brief time. Had done nothing to earn any semblance of loyalty.

She shook her head and crossed her arms, noticing some of the others as they stirred awake. Serin leaned against the nearest pillar for support, trying to look casual while she waited for the others to rise fully. One woman, one Serin only hazily recgonized, went over to Ellie and Allen, who had just stood up with a curious expresson. “You may go and search out the disturbance.” She said softly, probably unaware of Serin’s widely ranged hearing. “I will stay with the wounded one to make sure her injuries remain stable.”

Serin bristled, putting a hand on her dagger hilt. ‘The wounded one’? Her hackles rose, but just as suddenly she felt her shoulders sag. She’d barely been able to stand, who knew what could have happend whithout this stranger’s help?

Serin glared at the floor, feeling frustrated. She hated the weakness, the helplessness. Hated that she had to be strong. Resented both her parents. Resented herself for never being good enough. Never brutal enough, yet never soft enough.

She hated that she was torn in half.

Blowing out a frustrated breath she looked up at the woman and said. “I’m coming.” As if to prove her strength, she pushed off the wall and stalked towards the hall where they’d heard the crash.

So @freedomwriter76 I was wondering if they find your group with Eddie while they’re looking for what made the sound? Does that work?

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
                                  And guess what? His is eternal (:

Viewing 15 posts - 5,581 through 5,595 (of 6,639 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >