Character Castle!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 6,639 total)
  • Author
    Linyang Zhang
    @devastate-lasting
      • Total Posts: 1700

@denali-christianson *yeets off to Story Embers forum to do some stalking*

*yeets back*

Yep.

Called it.

Lately, it's been on my brain
      Would you mind letting me know
      If hours don't turn into days

Elishavet Pidyon
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1013

@denali-christianson

I know, right? There is such a difference. It’s really funny now, though, because I’m like,” Wow, I thought that was an insult, but now I see it’s a compliment that is of all things good for story prompts.

Yeah, I have to be careful what and how much I read. My sister and I literally spread LoTR over a year because of all the breaks we took. But God can sure use these genres in truly astonishing ways.

Praise the Lord!

Just an fyi lol but Balorico is the size of a large dog…

Oh, that makes sense! It’s fine.

So how to make this flow… 😉

Of course, this is only what Viktor thought he saw, so… You know, it might not be completely accurate. Plus, there are many ways to “help someone up”! Lol.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Denali Christianson
        @denali-christianson
          • Total Posts: 51

Aaaannnddd KP ate my post

ughhhhh

I was one way, and now I am completely different. And the thing that happened in between was Him.

Linyang Zhang
          @devastate-lasting

@denali-christianson I still have all your text in my email from the post lol do you want it

Linyang Zhang
            @devastate-lasting

Elishavet Pidyon
              @elishavet-pidyon

@denali-christianson

As Viktor walked up to the two, his eyes were tempted to stare at the serpent, but something about this boy caught at him.

He was tall, tall as the Woodmen, and as dark too. As dark headed as Viktor himself. Surely he wasn’t Yartian.

“Sure. Everything’s good.” His accent was strange as well, not lilting at all. “Who are you?”

Viktor saw the stranger’s gaze slide over him, and he instinctively hid his hands, and their dreadful scars, under his mantle.

The stranger cut his eyes at the serpent then turned back to Viktor.

“Sorry, it’s been a long day. What’s your name?”

“That’s all right. I’m Viktor, Viktor Furrows.”

The serpent looked hungry, and that made it look like Kosky Whiskers, Nadían’s kitten.

How long have they been traveling? They don’t seem to have provisions.

Viktor held out the bowl. “Are you hungry?”

The boy seemed surprised, but not at the auleives. Viktor set the bowl down and hid his hands again.

He wouldn’t mind the burns, if they didn’t make the nightmares so real.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Denali Christianson
                @denali-christianson

Okayyyy excuse me while I painstakingly redo that post that KP so RUDELY CONSUMED XD

@devastate-lasting

I FEEL SO ATTACKED RIGHT NOW XD

@elishavet-pidyong

I know, right? There is such a difference. It’s really funny now, though, because I’m like,” Wow, I thought that was an insult, but now I see it’s a compliment that is of all things good for story prompts.

LITERALLY THOUGH!!!! I feel like most people take book references as insults unless they’ve read the book and then they’re like WAIIIT YOU ARE ACTUALLY A DECENT HUMAN BEING XD

Yeah, I have to be careful what and how much I read. My sister and I literally spread LoTR over a year because of all the breaks we took. But God can sure use these genres in truly astonishing ways.

That makes so much sense. And the discipline is very admirable. 😀 I AGREEEE!!!!!!! I’m sooo passionate about writing fantasy for God’s glory and I think it’s a brilliant way to plant seeds of truth in peoples’ hearts!!!!

Praise the Lord!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

Oh, that makes sense! It’s fine.

So how to make this flow… 😉

Of course, this is only what Viktor thought he saw, so… You know, it might not be completely accurate. Plus, there are many ways to “help someone up”! Lol.

hahaha exactly lol I mean I think Balorico would look quite enormous and intimidating to a 14 (?) year old boy who thinks dragons are dangerous lol. Also I laughed SO HARD WHEN HE CALLED KILIED A BOY that was sooo hilarious lollll

And hey, maybe with the angle of the sun Balorico hunting for mushrooms looked like he was helping Kilied up? XD

ALSO @EVERYONE!!!! DENALI HAS MADE MISTAKE: DENALI FORGOT A VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT PART OF KILIED’S CHARACTER OOOOOPPPSSSSS

Sooo yeah…

Kilied is an elf with the ability to control wind/airflow and he can move really really really fast if he wants to and that is unfortunate because he’s also extremely clumsy so it’s quite hilarious when he tries lol

SOOOO SORRY ABOUT THAT HAVE NO CLUE HOW I MANAGED TO FORGET THAT

I was one way, and now I am completely different. And the thing that happened in between was Him.

GodlyFantasy12
                  @godlyfantasy12
                    • Total Posts: 6645

Here is Ara’s first thingy-thing XD

Arabella 

“N-November?”

A headache began thrumming its way between Ara’s eyes. She groaned and rubbed the nape of her nose, frowning. Her stomach fizzled and shook with a queasiness she couldn’t quite place. What had happened?

The Athenaeum. With November. And then he’d…disappeared.

That’s when everything got a bit…tipsy.

Sun beat in through the rows of windows that lined the stone corridor Ara found herself in. It was curved at the top, lit only by lanterns and the natural light. It was nothing like her home, which was mostly made of smooth marble and kept in pristine conditions.

She slowly stood, shielding her eyes from the sun and wincing at the touch of the cold, scraggly stone against the walls. Where in A’Grend was she?

“November? November!” Her voice echoed down the hall but there was no reply. She leaned her head out the window, which had no glass panes-none of them did-and peered down. She knew she was in a castle-that much was obvious-but this was not her Castel. It was made of dark, gray stone and rock, and not in a hill. There was no village below, only rock surrounding it and then vast green grassland outside of that.

Her heart leapt t0 her chest as the theory became fact: This was not home. 

That fact drummed in her mind and made her queasy.

But what caught her attention next made her gasp aloud. She shrunk back, gripping the edge of the window. “What in the world?”

Was that…a dragon?

She assumed it was…though she’d only ever seen them in paintings and books. Near the dragon was tall, brown-haired young man. He didn’t seem afraid of the dragon, then again, they weren’t exactly looking at each other. They seemed to be gazing up at the something

“Peace to you! Is all well?”

Ara jumped at the unknown voice that echoed. She followed it, and the gaze of the dragon and young man to the top of a spire on the opposite side of the castle. Another boy, seated nonchalantly atop the spire was looking down at the dragon/boy duo. Ara looked between the two, wondering if, perhaps, they could give her some answers as to where she was.

Or…if they’d seen November. If he was here.

If he was, she hoped he was alright, but she supposed she was worrying for nothing. Still, she had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that always told her she was never just worrying. 

She sighed. She really needed to find her friend.

With a quick turn, she set off down the corridor.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                    #ProtectMarcel
                    #ProtectSeb

Denali Christianson
                    @denali-christianson

@devastate-lasting

THANK YOUUUU LOL NOW WE GET BOTH EDITIONS LOLLL

Linyang Zhang
                      @devastate-lasting

@denali-christianson Pfft sorry probably shoulda tagged you earlier

Denali Christianson
                        @denali-christianson

@devastate-lasting

IT’S FINE I prolly wouldn’t have seen it cuz I was so busy with my personal vendetta against KP… XD

GodlyFantasy12
                          @godlyfantasy12

@Koshka if u keep them humans that’s cool cuz now I’m imagining them as humans too ROFL plus holding swords…kinda tough for a wolf??? Except in their teeth? Unless they’re anthropomorphic…

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                            #ProtectMarcel
                            #ProtectSeb

Elishavet Pidyon
                            @elishavet-pidyon

@denali-christianson

It is funny.

Sort of strong self control, but we were reading other series as well, so…

Aww, good. I love Viktor.

And guess what? I made a mistake too. Even after going back and redescribing him, I failed to mention his interesting backstory of loss and adoption, and the fact that he has burn scars up his hands to his elbows, on his feet nearly to his knees, and on the back of his neck. Not an important thing at all. 😉

GodlyFantasy12
                              @godlyfantasy12

@elishavet-pidyon hey did u mention Viktor’s age? Just wanted to know so ik if he’s near Ara and November’s age or older XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                #ProtectMarcel
                                #ProtectSeb

Koshka
                                @koshka
                                  • Total Posts: 1424

@godlyfantasy12

That’s fine with me! Also, it may be good to keep them human here, as some things about wolf nature really only work in the right story…such as sudden madness at the taste or smell of blood. *Shrug* So what if I may be ignoring thumbs in my books?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 6,639 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >