Character Art Exchange #2

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Character Art Exchange #2

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 882 total)
  • Author
    Gracie J.
    @gracie-j
      • Total Posts: 1789

@writerlexi1216 I know! I’ve come to the point where I’m prepared to apologize to all my future kids for naming them after my charries! XD

Thank you! I don’t know, but it’s true! YES! What’s weird is when I feel like a mama to my “baby,” who’s in their thirties or seventies or…yeah. My family thinks I’m crazy!

I could so see him with a wolf. And I love his whole “tough” vibe/whatever thingy that he’s got going on! <3

That’s a good one! I know I use a lot of outdated phrases and exclamations, but it think they’re “cool beans.” XD (All right, not that one…)

@devastate-lasting
       Same.

I have to keep a list of names I want for my future kids so that way I don’t use them for charries. Suffice it to say, it’s not that helpful. I have way more Alexanders and Mary Katherines and Margos than I should.

@scripter-of-kingdoms
      Cool name! Yeah…I’ve come to the point where almost all of my guys are named James. It just fits them all so well! I use Behind the Name to help me find unique or old names–Arleth and Gwyneira are a couple I’ve found that are (I think) unused in the fiction realm!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Kads
      @scripter-of-kingdoms
        • Total Posts: 765

@gracie-j Cool! Yeah, I have like 14+ persona characters (I’m actually not kidding) and they are almost all named Bren. It’s weird.

Oooh! I might have to check that out! If you ever want help naming charries though, I’m here 😉 I love thinking of names!!!

staring at the fields
        if nothing's really real
        i'll make the winter now my home

Gracie J.
        @gracie-j

@scripter-of-kingdoms That is a little strange. XD

Thanks! So do I!

Alexa Autorski
          @writerlexi1216
            • Total Posts: 1011

@Gracie-j

Yes!! Me too!! (Although I probably shouldn’t name my future daughter Caira XD) Newton would’ve been such a great name for a son… *sigh* Alas.

I relate 10/10! I think of my charries as my babies, no matter the age. I want nothing bad to happen to them… until I think up more ways to make their lives miserable XD My family probably thinks I’m nuts for obsessing over my charries as much as I do… Oh well.

Yeah! I could too 🙂 Thanks for the suggestion! <33

Jeepers, my brother used to say that all the time XD

Jean Coul
            @hallie-jean
              • Total Posts: 167

@scripter-of-kingdoms

Lol I totally get it!!! Don’t stress over it!!!!!

@writerlexi1216

I’m still trying to imagine ‘Hallie Watson’ in your story!!!! XD OH YES!!!!!!! I completely forgot about that chat we had about how your name was Alexa and that happened to be the name of my MC from my other series!!!!!! What a coincidence!!!!!!!!

@gracie-j
              @writerlexi1216 @devastate-lasting @scripter-of-kingdoms

Ok, now it’s my turn to say, THIS IS SO RELATABLE!!!!!!!!! My kids are gonna run across my books and be like, “Mom, this might sound crazy, but did you happened to name me after this girl??” And I’ll be like, “Daren, get your siblings, Molly and Xavier, down here right now! I’ve got some things to explain!!!”

I’m not that crazy about, ‘if I used in my book, I can’t use it in real life.’ I’d totally name my kid the same name as a character from my story!!! 🙂

Proverbs 16:2

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j

@writerlexi1216 I know! It’s too bad there won’t be any sons named Xavier or Elliot…or any daughters named Catherina or Samantha… C’est la vie!

We’re terrible moms, aren’t we? Mi familia thinks I’m cracked too!

Of course!

Alexa Autorski
                @writerlexi1216

@hallie-jean

YESSS!! What a coincidence!! 😀 I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen an ‘Alexa’ in a fictional book EVER, so that’s neat you’re writing about one!! LOL!!

Yeah, I’m the same way, to an extent. I wouldn’t mind naming my future son Derrick or my future daughters Felicity (that’s the MC to another WIP that I haven’t talked about XD), Alana, or Primrose.

@Gracie-j

Those are neat names! Not to pick favorites, but I ADORE the name Catherina!! Yes, yes, we’re terrible mothers! We want to save our charries from feeling miserable, but… we’re also the ones that put them in that place XD Ah, that doesn’t matter. Writers are allowed to be a little wacky 😉

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j

@writerlexi1216 Those are beautiful names as well! Thank you!!! I’m quite partial to Catherina myself! I certainly hope so–I’ve often wondered if my craziness can be tolerated! XD

@hallie-jean
                    The best course of action would be to tell your children that it wasn’t they who were named after characters, but your characters who were named after them. XD I’ll probably use that one very often in the future!

GodlyFantasy12
                    @godlyfantasy12
                      • Total Posts: 6645

@gracie-j @writerlexi1216 OOOH are we talking about names?!?

Honestly, I often get compliments or comments on my Character, November’s name. I absolutely adore it and others seem to as well!

When u find the right name sometimes ur just like “honestly, could I truly pick any other name?”

I love all of my charries names because I feel they’re so original. Like, when I thought about them all and their separated personalities I was just like “oh my word they’re all soooo unique! Like an actual writer came up with this!” 🤣 🤣

And it’s also really fun to have nicknames for characters too. Like Jocelyn is Lyn, Arabella is Ara, and Dolunay is Luna.

Caira is a GORGEOUS NAME!!! Oh my word!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                      #ProtectMarcel
                      #ProtectSeb

Jean Coul
                      @hallie-jean

@writerlexi1216

I love those names!!!!!!!

@gracie-j

Lol yes!!!! That will be over used in my future at some point!!!!!

I really am fond of the names Aryn and Asher for boys!!! I’ve thought about naming them for my future children and characters in my stories! For girls I like Faith and Blessing (This isn’t really a name, but I read about a girl once in a missionary story and her name was also ‘Blessing.’ Ever since, I thought it was so cute!!!!) I really like names with Y’s too, that’s probably why I prefer the spelling ‘Aryn’ over ‘Aaron.’ But it’s also just more unique I think.

Jean Coul
                        @hallie-jean

@godlyfantasy12

OH YES!!!!!!

THE NICKNAMES!!!!!!!! I love coming up with nicknames for charries!!!!!!!! Especially when it’s a special nickname that only one character calls another or something meaningful like that! Or when it’s just a funny one!!!!!! XD

Like Everett, my character from my pirate WIP, just calls Daren ‘Captain’ for the majority of the first book bc she doesn’t tell him her real name! Or my character Alexa gets called ‘Lex’ a lot by close friends and family. Bren, my other MC, has the nickname ‘Mr. Sizzles’ that one of his friends calls him bc they like to goof around and stuff XD

Alexa Autorski
                          @writerlexi1216

@godlyfantasy12

THANK YOU, GIRL!! I love your characters’ names as well!! I don’t know if I’ve told you, but I ADORE the name Jocelyn!!! 🙂

THE NICKNAMES, YES!! I love giving my characters nicknames even though I know they’d hate it (anyone else do this? XD) Like, occasionally I’ll refer to Newton as ‘Newt’ even though I know he would hate that lol. Derrick strictly prefers to be called ‘Deek’, and sometimes he’ll affectionately call Caira ‘Cai’ (pronounced like ‘Kai’) Coming up with fun nicknames is so amusing, isn’t it? 🙂

E. K. Seaver
                            @e-k-seaver
                              • Total Posts: 344

What exactly are personas in this context, @scripter-of-kingdoms? ‘Cause, like, I technically have another persona floating around the interweb. She’s basically the side of my personality people see when they first meet me—basically the embodiment of the slytherin stereotype. (There’s a reason stereotypes exist.) And her name’s a play on mine.

Is that what you mean?

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
                              ekseaver.wordpress.com

Gracie J.
                              @gracie-j

@hallie-jean Aryn and Asher sound adorable! And Blessing is a fantastic name!

I personally want to stick with some family names (although not Donald, which is my dad and grandpa’s name), so I’m partial to Robert Clifford “Rocky” (as much after my grandfather as it is Rocky Balboa XD); Emily Marguerite “Margo”; Mary Katherine “Kittie”; Hadassah Ann “Dassie”; Alexander Graves “Alex” or “Zand”; and maybe Charlotte and Narcissa (after Lottie Moon and Narcissa Whitman), and Liam.

@godlyfantasy12
                                Gurl, I’m one of them! I love the name Novemember! And it fits him so well!!

NICKNAMES ARE MY FAVORITE!!!!

So…my Catherina goes by Rina–and I still don’t know how I decided on this name and the nickname, but it fits her so well!!! My Elliot Jr goes by Leo. Four siblings all have nicknames: Joanna “Jo,” Richard “Dick,” Maverick “Mav,” Marina “Mari.” And Lukas goes by Ransom–for multiple reasons, one of which being that I love Ransom as a name! My favorite nicknames are from titles/surnames. For example, Lady Samantha calls her husband “the duke” all the time–as in, to his face! (They are hilarious!) And one charrie calls my Sebastian “Haddon,” even though it’s his last name and he only ever goes by his title: Lord Abery.

But my all-time faves? That would be Christopher “Kit” and Christine “Cricket”!

Linyang Zhang
                                @devastate-lasting
                                  • Total Posts: 1700

@writerlexi1216 @gracie-j My characters are all my trash children. They make me cry. I wish they wouldn’t do bad things. But they do.

Not gonna lie but in recent months I have discovered the subtle laziness of naming characters. At least, I’ve discovered what makes me lazy and not lazy. When I’m naming a quick character if I’m going Western style I either go off a name that’s been in my head for a while or I have to go, “I really want a name that means this…something from a German etymology…a Biblical name, with this amount of syllables, with maybe a K and a W thrown in…”

And then if I’m lazy I just go: “Yeah, Wang makes a good surname. And he seems like an H kinda guy. So Wang Hong? Got it.” And then I research the exact Chinese characters later.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                                  Would you mind letting me know
                                  If hours don't turn into days

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 882 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >