Art Sharing For All :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Art Sharing For All :)

Viewing 15 posts - 2,251 through 2,265 (of 2,474 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    @rae
      • Total Posts: 3560

Traced the basic outline of the top drawing in that pic. This is one of Cgecko’s charries

“Gargoyles and thickets, griffins and briskets."

RAE
      @rae

@freed_and_redeemed

Chase sleeping

I know it’s not perfect, but I really love it <3

HighScribe
        @highscribeofaetherium
          • Total Posts: 2452

@rae

Those are really really good! Did you use alcohol markers?

Home is where your massive, overflowing collection of LEGO bricks is.

RAE
          @rae

@highscribeofaetherium

Thanks. I’ve been working on drawing more accurately to what I see in my reference pics and it’s really helping! I no longer have to trace the basic outline most of the time!

Yes. I got Ohuhu alcohol markers for my birthday. They take a little getting used too, since they aren’t like any art medium I used to actively use (water-based markers are just a pain) but I think I’m getting the hang of it.

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Total Posts: 4732

@rae oooh great art! I have a sleeping charrie too lol

here’s Sniper snoozing on a lawn chair, but the way he appears in my sci-fi fanfic so he’s got a crocodile-like tail:

I LOVE how I did the posing. I joke that if I jostle the paper too much, he’ll wake up and yell at me for disturbing his nap…..XD

@theshadow
              I know you’re not here right now but you might like this

@theducktator
              @kyronthearcanin @princesachronicle22 the rest of you in the couple rp, if you want fan art of my borrowed charrie just look up there

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Loopy
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2334

@rae you’re improving so much! Those hands are really good and I love your use of alcohol markers

@keilah-h
                I love that pose. And it does look like he could wake up if you poked him XD

Wait, actually, you might have just given me a scene idea…

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Loopy
                @loopylin

@esther-c @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings

Ok, the subject of eye contact annoys me so much. I’ve been told that I don’t need to worry about it and that avoiding eye contact is just part of who I am, but I still want to be as kind and respectful as I can towards people. But also it frustrates me that people judge each other based off of what their face is doing instead of their words and actions.
                  My brain goes completely blank when I look someone in the eye. I can’t talk at the same time as looking at someone’s face. I can do a bit of eye contact while listening to someone, but it takes up most of my mental energy and makes me feel confused so I don’t do it often. Looking at someone’s nose or forehead doesn’t completely short circuit my brain, but it does still make me anxious and I get confused and forgetful very quickly.

“Everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to help mom with the dishes.”

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 4732

@loopylin lol yeah! and thanks!

haha I was thinking of writing a scene or something too when I drew him. you can totally do that too (with your own charries I’m assuming, but you can totally write stuff involving any of mine that you know)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

freedom
                    @freed_and_redeemed
                      • Total Posts: 658

@rae I love Chase!!! 🥰🥰 Great job!!!

What is strength?
                      Strength, my son, is being who God has called you to be.

whaley
                      @whalekeeper
                        • Total Posts: 3144

@loopylin

Yeah, just the topic is awkward because I feel like I could do better 😖 A guy once pointed out that I act distant around him, and I had to explain that eye contact is not natural for everyone on the planet. (I was also distant because he liked me, but that’s neither here nor there.)

I don’t beat myself up about it, but I still try to do better around those who inspire me/like to be around me. It’s an extra step I can take to show I care, even if I’m not good at it all the time. Does that make sense?

“Everything is a mountain”

RAE
                        @rae

@keilah-h

lol.

He reminds me of someone in that pose, but I can’t think of who…

@loopylin
                          Thanks

@freed_and_redeemed

Glad you like it <3

Esther
                          @esther-c
                            • Total Posts: 3428

@loopylin @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings

Yeah, I mean, I personally prefer that whoever I’m talking to would make eye contact as well, or at least try to. But as long as they’re not like, staring at the floor or clearly not even looking at me, then I’m not offended or anything.

I do believe consistently making eye contact takes practice and is definitely necessary if you’re ever working at the professional level, but, like I just said, it takes practice and doesn’t come naturally for everyone. 🤗

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Loopy
                            @loopylin

@esther-c

But as long as they’re not like, staring at the floor or clearly not even looking at me, then I’m not offended or anything.

You wouldn’t like talking to me then lol

Ok, jk I’m (probably) not that bad.

@whalekeeper

Yeah, it makes sense, and yes, I get why people value it. I think I’m just frustrated from working a customer service job. I’m willing to put in the energy and deal with the stress when it’s someone I’m trying to connect with, but I’m tired of worrying about it with every random stranger I sell a roller coaster souvenir to. I don’t think people understand how exhausting and even physically painful it can be sometimes.

But it’s just my own problem I need to deal with. It’s not everyone else’s fault. Sorry for the autistic ranting. I think I just needed to express my frustration, not find a solution XD

You don’t have to respond or even read all this

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings
                                • Total Posts: 2973

@Loopylin @whalekeeper @smiley @highscribeofaetherium (Sorry I can’t remember who here is a marvel nerd!) @anyone else

Are pics back up?!

Well, we’ll see if it works.

I did this drawing of Steve and Toney awhile ago and I’ve been waiting to post it.

"Than finish it... Because I'm with you till the end of the line." <3

Esther
                                @esther-c
                                  • Total Posts: 3428

@mineralizedwritings

Oh my goodness, that looks so good!!!

Psstt, @freed_and_redeemed … 👆

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Viewing 15 posts - 2,251 through 2,265 (of 2,474 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >