A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc

Viewing 5 posts - 2,101 through 2,105 (of 2,105 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 3871

@whalekeeper I don’t have nightmares these days either. The only times I’m ever scared in a dream is when lightning strikes close to me, which it does a lot, but I haven’t had anything else disturbing occur in years.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3871

@whalekeeper wow you were going full on Undertale with that dream lol

(it’s a video game about monsters, I don’t play it, but I know of it. You can either kill them or befriend them when you meet them, and that drives the story forward different ways)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Esther
        @esther-c
          • Total Posts: 3201

@savannah_grace2009

I’ve read some more of your book! I think I stopped at chapter 16.

The only big thing I’ve noticed so far is that Sef’s expression of her grief feels a little unrealistic. Of course anyone would be devastated if their only family they had left was taken away, that part makes sense. I just felt that her hurting herself really soon afterwards felt off for some reason. Like I feel like she fell into her darkest moment really quickly. I would expect a scene like that to be farther in the book, after she’s gone through some ups and downs in her character arc and then fallen into her darkest moment. Obviously Sef is hurting, but maybe you should portray that in a different way. Idk, for some reason that reaction to her grief, by hurting herself, felt really quick. Does that make sense?

Now, chapter 15 on the other hand… Seeing the difference in Sef’s behavior from an outsider’s perspective really got the message across that Sef was hurting. And that chapter was adorable! I love Lilitu so much. 🥰 I’m a sucker for the friends-to-lovers trope. 😁

Anyway, I love reading your writing so much. I love your style and I’m a little jealous of your way with words. 😆 Prose has always been my weak point. But I love the story so far and I’ll definitely be reading more soon!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Sara
          @savannah_grace2009
            • Total Posts: 1977

@esther-c

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I’m so sorry I haven’t been around much…life just got so crazy and I haven’t had much time lately.

Writing has been really, really, slow…it’s kinda like I’m procrastinating and just being lazy but also genuinely confused and overwhelmed with my WIP!

Everything does make sense, and I’ll try to work on that! Thank you!

Awww thank you so much! <3 that means a lot!

Lukas&Livia
            #Lalbert
            Sef&Chase
            #HOTTOLINE
            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Esther
            @esther-c
              • Total Posts: 3201

@savannah_grace2009

Oh yeah I totally get it. No worries! <3

Ah, I gotcha. I’m kinda there too. At least in one of my WIPs. If I really set myself loose on a different one I’ve been working on on the side, then I’d be writing a lot. XD

Ok, awesome! Glad it was helpful!

Of course!! 😊

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Viewing 5 posts - 2,101 through 2,105 (of 2,105 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >