A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,108 total)
  • Author
    Felicity
    @felicity
      • Total Posts: 811

@mineralizedwritings

Don’t you just love when your character lets you find out more about them? 😉 I like thinking of it that way. When my siblings get mad at me for making something bad happen in my story, I just say, “Guys, all of it already happened. I’m just writing it down.” 🙂

Oooo, Layson is fun to read about!!!

@godlyfantasy12
      @whalekeeper @gwyndalf-the-wise

What about the poor authors that have to put their characters through all of it? 🤣 It hurts us too, you know.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2801

@felicity

Thanks!

And yeah, we’re just writing it down XDXD great response lol!!

へびは かっこいい です!

GodlyFantasy12
        @godlyfantasy12
          • Total Posts: 6645

@freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings @elishavet-pidyon @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @anyone-else

So y’all ever have scenes u want to share that u haven’t written…?

OK so I figured I’d just go ahead and share the ideas of these scenes with y’all! What do y’all think?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
          #ProtectMarcel
          #ProtectSeb

Keilah H.
          @keilah-h
            • Total Posts: 3875

@godlyfantasy12 I have a few scenes that might be funny. But they are from a fanfiction so I technically copied the original author, and the dialogue is mostly not mine. Can I share those or is that like cheating?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

Oh, and I would love to see some of your scenes.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

GodlyFantasy12
              @godlyfantasy12

I mean u can!

yea I haven’t written these scenes so it’s just ideas for scenes

One in particular I’ve had recently for book 5 (Paxton’s book)

Mention of punishment but I don’t say anything other then he is hurt and you can kinda fill in the blanks but I do not go into detail

So the scene is, It’s the middle of the night, or like early in the morning (2 AM, etc) and Pax is lying in bed, still awake because…

Well…he’s hurt.

He’s been punished for something (still have to figure out what) by Aramis, and now he can’t get to sleep.

(and I won’t be having the punishment in the book, it’s gonna be off screen cuz I don’t think it’s right to have that in the book just personally. Prefer it to be an off screen thing)

He can’t even get up to go get Hope out of her hiding space. All he can do is silently cry.

And then, the doors of his room open.

Of course, this is a little boy who has just been punished, to the point of being unable to lie on his back, so he’s scared that it’s one of his brothers thinking he hasn’t had enough.

Only for the doors to close, and Sorren to come around the side of the bed. He’s still scared out of his mind, of course, unsure of his older brother’s motives, but Sorren doesn’t have any Ill intent.

Instead…he sets on the bed, and offers a vial. Something to help the pain. To help Paxton sleep.

Paxton’s wary to take it, so Sorren hides it, leaving it within reach for him to take in his own time.

Paxton watches him go, still wondering what exactly was going through his older brother’s mind.

😭

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                #ProtectMarcel
                #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                @godlyfantasy12

And don’t worry y’all Paxton does take it and is able to sleep through the night. Sweet Sorren…

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                  #ProtectMarcel
                  #ProtectSeb

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h

@godlyfantasy12 Aww, Sorren! That was nice of him.

MineralizedWritings
                    @mineralizedwritings

@godlyfantasy12

Oh I wanna know more! Super interesting! Is Sorren generally good? Or like a redeemed charrie?

へびは かっこいい です!

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@whoever-wants-to-read this

I have a couple of scenes from my latest fanfic. They technically aren’t mine, as I used the characters from one universe and the storyline and dialogue from another, but they are, in my opinion, kind of funny.

Bonus points if you can tell me where the lines are actually from!

Some context: CloneWing dragonet Omega is the main character of this story. She’s been captured by the Empire, who are currently using a spying device to listen in on the CloneWings’ conversation and try to figure out her brothers’ plans.

“Echo….” the blue and white shape began in Rex’s voice. “Hunter will survive, right?”

“Yeah, he will. Not sure about his eye injury though–I think it’s too late to save it.” said the other, the white one, in Echo’s voice. A third in the corner–a dark blue one, probably Tech–stayed silent.

Another shape, this one a pale blue color, darted into the projection. “Oh, hey, Wrecker.” said Echo.

“I did a perimeter sweep–Cody and I filled any gaps in security. I don’t think a line of regs looks too scary, but I hope the Empire will.” Wrecker told them.

“That’s why I need you and Bullet here.” Rex stated. “I know you’re worried about Hunter, but I need you to keep an eye on Crosshair and some of the new dragons. I don’t trust them all fully yet, and you’re one of the most intimidating soldiers I have.”

“Ha ha! That’s me, intimidating! Rawr!” Wrecker growled.

“Well, you are until you do that.” Echo muttered.

This scene follows shortly after. Tech finally speaks up and explains the world-shattering news they’d heard in the previous story to this one. Needless to say, Rex is furious.

“I know!” Wrecker snarled. “When he [the villain] said that, I wanted to rip his head off! And stuff him down a reactor!”

“It’s too late for that. He’s already been incinerated.” Tech pointed out.

“Well, I wanna kill him again then.” Wrecker muttered.

“I’m mad too, but at least we don’t have to worry about it anymore. No prophecy dictating our existence means the Empire can’t tell us to do what they want. The Emperor can go shove a pineapple up his nose for all I care.” Echo growled.

I don’t know why I keep giving Echo funny lines. Maybe because he’s supposed to be a somewhat sarcastic character?

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12

@keilah-h lol!!!

@mineralizedwritings
                          thx!! He’s a redeemed character as he starts a little morally grey

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@godlyfantasy12

Oh cool!

*Hugs paxton only if he’s ok with it*

へびは かっこいい です!

GodlyFantasy12
                            @godlyfantasy12

@mineralizedwritings

I think he’ll be good with it in this case 😊

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                              #ProtectMarcel
                              #ProtectSeb

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6 @godlyfantasy12

@felicity
                                  (How you doing? I feel like it’s been a hot minute since I’ve asked)

Yall wanna read some Keiryn? He seems to be a fan favorite 😂

Also just bouncing around ideas, I kinda want him to have a book… but idk. I need to work out his life and motives more. I like having each book different from the last in some way, as of rn it’s like this:

Book 1: Mostly about Tauren and Lesli, themes: Adventure and growing up

book 2: Pretty much just Layson. More of a hero’s journey plot arc, it’s a travel story. Themes: Life isn’t as easy as you thought (lol)

book 3: Still trying to work this out. Kaine’s character arc takes a turn for the worse and better when he meets Kendrick, still need to figure out how it comes to together, but it’s basically about the pain of healing.

So somewhere in the middle of that there’s keiryn…

I’m not sure where lol.

His situation is much different from all the other characters. I want it to be slightly like a school drama… but not just fluffy nonsense. He’s popular, but it’s not fulfilling, and there’s a lot more going on than people think. However, that’s nothing to write a plot about. So idk, I want it to have a taste of my own public school experience in it, but I don’t want it to be without theme or substance. He’s a bit harder to write because I’ve only seen people in his position, never been there at his age.

Anyways here’s some of Keiryn, this is book 1 stuff.

Keiryn weaves his way through the stiff crowd. He cringes at the mixing smell of sweat, cleaning products and baked goods.

This hall was never meant to hold so many people.

“Oh! Sorry.” Keiryn weaves towards the side, but not before getting a stiff glare from a tall man with a butchers apron on.

Looking back, Keiryn catches sight of his dad.

Right by the thin hallway there… and to the right of the bake shop.

Ok, I’m not getting lost here.

Keiryn pushes his way towards the stage in the distance. A large group of couples dance in front of it while a women plays violin on the stage. The sweet but sad music plays through the chattering voices filling the main hall. Keiryn smiles, scooting his way along the side wall to stay out of the way. He grips his strap of his school bag tightly.

“Hey Keiryn!”

“Hmm?” Keiryn turns. “Lila hey.”

“You goanna dance?” She looks out at the moving crowd.

“Oh, no I wasn’t.” He nods up at the stage.

“Oh yeah! Go talk to her!”

“I’m waiting till she’s done.”

“Sounds good.” Lila pauses, watching the violinist on the stage.

She plays with passion, her straight black hair shifting under the light with each swipe of the bow across the strings.

“She’s really good.”

“Yea.”

“Well, Imma go look around. Not every day I get to be this far from home.”

“Sure.” Keiryn looks back at the stage.

The women stops playing. She steps towards the side, motioning for a guitarist to enter next. He shuffles up towards the microphone and pulls up a seat.

“Mom!” Keiryn shouts from the side of the stage.

“Oh hey honey!” The women steps off the stage and embraces Keiryn. “It’s been a long time!”

“Yeah, too long.” Keiryn smiles, hugging his mom tight.

“I’ve missed you.”

“You too.” Keiryn nods.

“You should come by sometime!” He exclaims.

“Oh… I could I suppose. You’re welcome to visit me whenever you want you know.”

“Oh.” Keiryn pulls out of her embrace. “Um..! Well dads over there if you want to talk to him?”

“Oh does he want to talk to me?” She sighs.

“N-no, I just I dunno if you had something you wanted to say…” Keiryn’s voice trails off. His hopeful look is met with another sigh. She shakes her head.

“…Not going to uh… try?” He pauses, noticing the oddly sad look in her eyes. “Y-you could… just say hi.”

“Honey I’m sorry I don’t think that’ll work.”

Keiryn slumps, looking down at the floor.

“You want to play my violin while the guitarist gets ready?”

“…Sure.” Keiryn picks her Violin off the stand, bringing the rest under his chin.

I’m goanna cry if I make a single sound on that thing.

“Mom I can’t.” he drops his hand with the bow down to his side.

“Why not?”

“It’ll just… I dunno. It doesn’t feel good anymore.”

She nods, avoiding eye contact.

“Y’know I miss when we would sit in front of the fireplace together—” She hugs him again. “And I would show you how to read the notes… you remember that?”

Keiryn blinks back tears.

I didn’t want to remember that.

“Uh… yeah. I’m going to go look for my friends.” Keiryn pulls out of her embrace, staring down at the floor momentarily before turning.

“Oh ok, come by sometimes if you want!” She picks up her violin and walks towards a leather case on the side of the stage.

“Thanks.” Keiryn says, already walking away.

He shakes his head, trying to clear the fog of memories.

😭😭😭

へびは かっこいい です!

Otherworldly Historian
                                @otherworldlyhistorian
                                  • Total Posts: 217

@godlyfantasy12

I totally understand the whole scene feeling. Honestly sharing ideas is super useful because it can help with tweaking stuff.

It is also just now that I realised I don’t actually know what your series is about. Would you mind explaining (or like giving a back of the book for the first one)?

Through darkness,
                                  light shines brightest

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,108 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >