A Blurb…and…some help brainstorming? Thoughts?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy A Blurb…and…some help brainstorming? Thoughts?

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    E. M. Trepke
    @e-m-trepke
      • Total Posts: 145

@koshka

Vancouver Island! I’m a Canadian. Rathtrevor Beach

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good on, eh?
      -The Doctor

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3875

@freedomwriter76 My family is fine! Surprisingly, our power didn’t even go out (although our Internet did), and there wasn’t any really bad damage to our house.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@keilah-h. That’s good to hear. 😀

Koshka
          @koshka
            • Total Posts: 1424

@e-m-trepke

Aha! That makes……….ooo, that’s beautiful…..

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Folith-Feolin
            @folith-feolin
              • Total Posts: 310

A couple thoughts about your wip…

It seems very intriguing and I would love to read it (my favorite genres are High Fantasy/Scifi Dark Fantasy/scifi and Grimdark Fantasy/Scifi)

Since I’m assuming that you like history I would recommend looking at the totalitarian regimes of Mussolini Stalin and Hitler because they are the closest thing to a real life example of a dystopian government.

Also as 1984 is one of the hallmarks of dystopian literature I would recommend watching Crash course’s 2 part video on it and if you haven’t read the book read the spark notes summary. (I don’t really recommend reading the actual book for content reasons but even if you have read the book I would still watch the crash course video)

I don’t know how you are about brain storming characters but I would recommend giving the government of your dystopia the same amount of brainstorming as if it were its own character. In dystopias you will have to do world-building for the current state of their world and its government even if your dystopia is still very much grounded in reality.

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 8156

@folith-feolin. Thank you for those thoughts! And thank you for just reading!

Oh yes…I have researched Mussolini and Hitler many times…

I’m actually currently reading 1984, but I know exactly what content you’re talking about. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              >