A Blurb…and…some help brainstorming? Thoughts?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy A Blurb…and…some help brainstorming? Thoughts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

Hey y’all! So…today…a new WIP idea came to me. It’ll just be a side project, but…heh….I’m already intrigued by it. I put it in fantasy bc it’s Dystopian, but the only place that’s made up is the Country they live in. 😉 Otherwise, it’s real. (In that America, Israel, Germany, etc. still exists) But…considering I’ve never written Dystopian before…does anyone have any advice? 😅 If you don’t have any advice, I’d still love some thoughts! 😁😃

Anywho, y’all are probably ready for the BLURB!!! (oh, and the mood board, hehe…😜) But first, tags!

@koshka
      . @elishavet-pidyon. @queen_of_alvastia. @godlyfantasy12. @keilah-h. @gracie-j. @ava-blue. @saraina.

THE BLURB!!!!

50 years…that’s how much time has passed

since nuclear war and a corrupt government

destroyed Kandia

Forever.

Lukis has known nothing but life under Acheros, Sworn Protector of Kandia. Living in the wastelands beside his outsider crew that’s almost like a family, he’s actually satisfied. Except for one thing. Seven years ago…his older brother disappeared suddenly. He hasn’t seen him since. And then…a strange man comes to the wastelands, claiming he’s from a city known as Jerusalem, bringing a message. A belief. A story. And a religion banned from Kandia for decades. And if Lukis dares to stand for it…it could cost him his life.

Raine is an Assassin, forcibly employed by Acheros, the ruler of Kandia. He’s good at his job and paid well. Life is fine…until the past comes knocking again, returning in the form of a nineteen-year-old boy who was twelve the last time Raine saw him. Everything inside of him aches to return home but knowing the things he’s done…he can’t. But when the boy begins standing up for a belief in a God…a Savior…that has been banned for decades, and thus targeted for being thrown into a Re-Think Camp, Raine knows he has to rescue him. But will it be too late?

Both pulled together again, the past is finally brought to light, the evil corruption of Kandia’s government is revealed, and they find the truth.

But in Kandia…the truth can come at a cost.

Will they be caught?

And if so…

Will they stand or will they buckle?

And if they refuse to back down…

Will they survive?

THE MOODBOARD!!!!

(Lukis is up top. Raine is right below him. Love them both already. 😍🤩😍🤩)

And the book’s title…is…

🔥IN THE FIRE🔥

Anonymous

And now I wanna add them to the RP…but…I have so many already! 😭🥺

Anonymous

A book about persecution…I think it’ll be interesting…to write…y’all get me? 🤔

Anonymous
            Saraina
            @saraina
              • Total Posts: 25

You came up with all that TODAY? *blinks* This is EPIC!! I don’t have much experience writing dystopian so I can’t give suggestions on that, but the blurb is sooo intriguing!

~kindling hope through stories~

Koshka
              @koshka
                • Total Posts: 1424

@freedomwriter76

I just got home and I need to do the dishes so I can’t read this right now, but I will try to soon. (Another WIP? XD keep it up!)

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@saraina. Aww, thank you! And yes, all yesterday. XD

@koshka
                  . Okay! Take your time! 😀 (Hehe, yep! XD)

Keilah H.
                  @keilah-h
                    • Total Posts: 3875

@freedomwriter76 Ooh, sounds epic! Can’t wait to see where you’re going! And yes, I get the “wanting to put them in the RP but can’t” thing. Feather, Rinzler, Crosshair and Jareth (the first two our group hasn’t met yet) are probably enough. But once Rinzler’s RP gets back up, I might add his half-sister, Aurelia. But then again, that might be too many.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous

@keilah-h. Aww, thank you!!! 😀 I can’t wait to see too! XD

Oof, yes. I have way too many. XDXDXDXD

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12
                        • Total Posts: 6645

@freedomwriter76 afraid I’ve never written dystopian and don’t really read much about it, but this sounds INCREDIBLE!!! Sounds like you’ve got a great start IMO!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

Anonymous

@godlyfantasy12. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!! 💖💖💖💖

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 You’re welcome! I also have a dystopian story idea, but it’s kinda at a standstill because I have more character ideas than plot ideas…… XD

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous

@keilah-h. Many of my ideas are at a standstill…it’s a part of being a writer. XD

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h

@freedomwriter76 yep. Most of my original ideas sorta fail. My fanfictions have a ton more success for some reason.

Anonymous

@keilah-h. So far…all my fanfics do the same. They always come a lot further, and I think it’s because I’m not worrying about them being “good enough” for publishing. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >