A Blurb…and…some help brainstorming? Thoughts?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Fantasy A Blurb…and…some help brainstorming? Thoughts?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Elishavet Pidyon
    @elishavet-pidyon
      • Total Posts: 1013

@freedomwriter76

Ah, I love this idea! So, I don’t read dystopian because it’s kinda dark, but this…

I love the mix of hope and danger and truth. Honestly, truth is one of my favorite themes, you could say.

Also, a story about persecution/strength in the darkness would be awesome in a dystopian world.

I’d love to read it, and if you need any random ideas, I can definitely contribute, although if you need advice specific for writing dystopian, all I can give you is a bunch of thoughts from someone looking in from the outside.

But this story has captured my imagination….

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@elishavet-pidyon. Aww, thank you!!!! 💕💕💕

Haha, I normally don’t either, but I’ve wanted to write it for a long time. 😉 (well…I’ve been reading 1984, but it’s not necessarily a book I’d recommend, story wise…and some of the content in it…😅)

Aww, thank you! I’m glad you like the mix!!! 🙂

I thought it was a very fitting theme for Dystopian. 😌

I’ll probably be posting it…y’know…once I actually start writing it. 🤣 I will be sure to reach out for ideas and advice!

Aww, I’m glad!!! 😁 I was hoping y’all would be intrigued!!! 🤩🤩🤩

Koshka
        @koshka
          • Total Posts: 1424

@freedomwriter76

I’m with Elishavet on dystopian. I tend to pass it up as it’s quite…dark.

But this! The characters, setting, everything…I like the mixture of hope in apathy and light is darkness that I seem to be picking up.

You could add them to the RP once we have a second round. (Although this thing has been going on for months)

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Anonymous

@koshka. Thank you so much!!!! 💕💕💕💕💕 I agree with y’all. I don’t care for dark fiction, but hey, maybe I’ll make a book that will be the exeption in the Dystopian genre. 😉

Thank you! I’m so glad everyone is intrigued! 😁😁😁

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings
              • Total Posts: 2794

Ayyee! Another dystopian writer!!!

Sounds good! Raine sounds really intriguing, you got me wondering what kind a person he is. Love the name, by the way. I’m not that far into writing so I don’t feel qualified to give a critique, but curious to see where you take that!

the moodboard looks great too!

I’ve never made one before but They sure are great for getting across the “feel” of a story.

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings. HI!!!! Dystopian is a fun genre! Historical Fiction is actually my main genre…but recently I’ve been trying other genres!!!!

Thank you!!!! Ah, yes, even I’M intrigued by Raine. XDXDXD

Thank you!!!!

They are AMAZING!!! I highly recommend making them!!! (although be careful…else they’ll turn into a total procrastination. XDXDXD)

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

😆 Moodboards seen alot more fun than my algebra 2 homework…. Yeah I see how the procrastinating starts lol.

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings. Almost everything is more fun than Math. 😆😆😆 Trust me…I understand.

I’m currently taking Algebra. *sighs*

MineralizedWritings
                    @mineralizedwritings

😆😂😂

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings. Long story short…Math sucks. 😂😂😂😂

Power
                        @power
                          • Total Posts: 292

@mineralizedwritings @freedomwriter76

*Comes walking into the room *

Did I hear someone say algebra? I enjoyed algebra! Algebra II was even better!

*Notices the glares*

What? Did I say something wrong? Algebra is fun. . . right?

*Dives out of the room, escaping the flying abacus and pencils, but not the calculator.*

OW!?

You will love what you spend time with.

Anonymous

@power. I personally hate Math period, except for simple things…XD

But I do not hate people who like Math. I know plenty of people that do, and my Grandmother, who I love very much, said Algebra was her favorite subject in school.

So…you’re free to come back! 😀

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings

Lol I actually sometimes enjoy math too, I’m just having particular hard time with linear programming. There’s so many opportunities to make small math errors and I seem to make at least one each time 😂

Oh, and sorry about that calculator… I just didn’t want to hear the word algebra again after it stressing me out last week. It didn’t leave a bruise.. did it? 😂

へびは かっこいい です!

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Total Posts: 3875

@power @freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings Math. I don’t love it, but I don’t hate it. But I DID choose doing math rather than listen to the hurricane that is currently slamming my house, so…..

….I mean, I was doing review of percents today and I don’t mind percents all that much……

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Anonymous

@keilah-h. I get that! 😀

And oh my gosh, girl, I hope you and your family are okay! My family has been praying for the hurricane to calm and for anyone and everyone involved! I can add you personally to my prayers! I hope y’all are doing alright! 🙏🙏🙏

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >