@whalekeeper
Active 21 hours, 50 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6060
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
It is more normal to me, yes. (although I haven’t necessarily been “raised” in this church…only been going to it about 6-7 years now, haha) I believe in such experiences, but I can’t explain how it feels to be in that moment, honestly…words just can’t describe it. Idk.
We all have things we are or aren’t comfortable with, and…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
*Assumption detector* Sorry 😅 I would like to stress real quick, belonging to a denomination doesn’t mean we believe church tradition is that important.
Plus, isn’t church doctrine an organized confession of Christian beliefs? It takes God’s word and summarizes it understandably. It’s just one way of professing and sticking to it. I’…
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper You’re good. I understand you’re not trying to be rude <3
What did you do then?? 🤣
We stayed in a place of worship for two hours.
Yes, we sang and prayed and did worship for two hours without a sermon.
It was absolutely A M A Z I N G
y’all…like…I still don’t know what to say about it.
I felt God so close. People were…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 5 months ago
To be clear, I don’t mind cryptid stories/books either as far as concept, it’s just more than not I find they go too far. Granted, I haven’t read a vast number of anything cryptid so take it with a grain of salt.
The premise needs work, and that’s what I’ll say for now.
I’m not sure what I’m gonna do with this story. I…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom Ty for understanding and for your kindness <3
I’m still here to kindly discuss things if anyone would like, just not for debate 😊
@theducktator Youth Group can be fun for sure! I have also gone to a more local church’s youth group (my actual church is 1 hour away from us, and we tend to have to be there at 9 AM on Sundays for…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
☹️ Hope you feel better! I tend to stay up way too late when I’m sick too, but I’ve never stayed up all night before. I am both horrified and impressed.
we sing a mean acapella.
Lol. We were acapella for years, but now we have a flutist.
@trailblazer @freed_and_redeemed
Youth group sounds fun. Our church only has three teens, two…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I would agree with you on the point of baptism. All of the examples of baptism I can think of in the Bible are adults who have chosen to believe in the Messiah.
♥
After some prayer and some reflection, I kindly request that we leave this debate where it stands.
I’ve been thinking on it too much, and truthfully g…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 5 months ago
@rae what’s wrong with cryptid stories? Not that I’m defending them. I don’t even know what they are besides stories of someone looking for a mysterious animal.
Maybe don’t look them up if you find so much dark stuff, and write the story a different way, looking at something else for inspiration. “Adventurer/journalist discovers a scary,…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@trailblazer @whalekeeper @theducktator
Trailblazer is 100% right about what she said about Youth (although my church’s youth group is comprised of, like, maybe 6 kids on a regular basis??? And three of those are me and my siblings😅)
I am curious like Trailblazer, tbh! What kind of churches do y’all belong to? (and Trailblazer, too, what about…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
Yes, the youth pastor is the pastor overseeing the youth. My church is larger, so we do have a youth group (the middle-school age students meet Monday nights; the high school students meet Wednesday nights). The purpose is to give the youth a space to not only have community of their own age, but also to give teaching…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I don’t really know what a youth group is either XD. Our church only has about 52 people. My dad’s the only priest, but we also have a deacon. Our deacon reads a historic sermon about once a month to give my dad a break from preaching. My dad records his sermons so my siblings and I always ask how long the sermon was at the peace.…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
Ey, I can say something in a round-about way, and it can still be completely logical. But that’s beside the point. I can’t see how any of those “contradictions,” as you put it, discard the infallibility of those passages’ meanings. If the different disciples wrote Jesus’ words with slightly different grammar, that is a matter of m…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@whalekeeper @trailblazer @freed_and_redeemed
Pastor kids unite! XD And what’s a Youth Pastor? I’ve heard the term, but I don’t know what it means.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I have thoughts 😝 But I need to take a shower first, so like, don’t drive y’all’s trains into walls while I’m gone
See you then!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I’m technically a PK, too, but my dad’s role is missions pastor, so he’s not usually doing the preaching.
And thanks for adding your thoughts!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
We can’t know if it is or not, besides through the faith of the Spirit. But what is the most logical option?
If you take Biblical philosophy and try to find a verse that directly contradicts it, you aren’t going to find anything more than vaguer verses that have open-ended statements, or use a less conventional way of explaining som…
-
freedom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
I’m a Youth Pastor’s kid😂
…Why not though? If an ancient prophet gave an opinion about something, and that’s recorded, does that invalidate the entirety of scripture? We know that prophets and apostles were imperfect men, take Peter, who straight up denied Christ 3 times! I just don’t see why it’s so all or noth…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 5 months ago
😭Noooooooo! Has anyone tagged Kathleen about this yet?
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
My dad knows both Hebrew and Greek! He always goes back to the source when writing a sermon.
Oh, are you a pastor’s kid too? My dad knows some Hebrew and Greek, but I don’t think he’s fluent.
So the best choice of action is to find all translations of a particular text and use other, clearer texts to fill in the context. 🙂
I use an…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 5 months ago
@trailblazer @thearcaneaxiom @whalekeeper @freed_and_redeemed
I had to google a definition of infallible for this, so hopefully I understand what you are talking about. I think that all of the stories and ideas in the Bible are true, but that there is room for error in things like spelling, and errors in translation. For example, Nebuchadnezzar…[Read more]
- Load More
