@whalekeeper
Active 1 day ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6059
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I understand your point about extremes, but I still believe there are better ways for Bonnie to show love and support.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
No, Bonnie is being a little stupid at that point. She should completely and whole heartedly encourage and support her brother, (as long as he’s doing what’s right.) But that doesn’t mean she should take his weapon and go charging into war for him, or even take a weapon and go charging into war with him. She has many other things she…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
yw!
Ig it’s kinda nostalgic for you. I only play minecraft rn but I want to branch out someday.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
haha. Thanks.
-
MineralizedWritings posted a new activity comment 2 years ago
@whalekeeper
Yes!! And they totally could have done something cool with it if they wanted to make the plot more complex. I mean think about Avatar, Aang only being able to use the avatar state under certain circumstances and having there be dangers with using it keeps it from being too easy. Jedi fighting at the highest level should look really…[Read more] -
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
Wow those look so good! The gloved hands look kinda hard!
Do you play hollow knight? I’ve heard great things about it.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I may have had more lenience toward stepping out of the norm several years back. However, with the way the world is going right now, not just trying to blur lines but erase them, I think we, as followers of Christ, should be careful we have no part in that. What does it hurt you to take a few steps in the opposite direction of the…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@koshka @whalekeeper @loopylin
I believe there are circumstances when a woman could fight for a man, when he is incapable of fighting. (ie, wounded, sick, etc.)
But it shouldn’t be the norm. She should be down to defending him, and should not be rushing off to battle or leading armies.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@whalekeeper @loopylin @ellette-giselle
*Peeks through cracked door*
Totally following y’all over here from the Castle…
So, ai didn’t read through everything above spoken (because my phone is rapidly loosing it’s life, and I’d have to go get my charger to revive it…) but here’s a few thoughts:
Why can’t a woman fight for a man? Not out of…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Write to bring me pain. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
switching a “damsel in distress” for a “man in distress.”
ABSOLUTELY NOT!
I don’t care how interesting that plot may be, I believe it’s plain wrong. It’s completely unbiblical and it’s against God’s design. A man who leaves a woman to fight for him/rescue him is no man. Just read the Bible and you will see God very clearly designe…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Even if I don’t use it here, my favorite trope is just a bunch of guys being an unlikely team. Which Keilah probably agrees with. 😂
I like writing guys best too. lol.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
What are y’all’s thoughts on disregarding the male/female traditional tropes sometimes? Because I know religiously some people are against it. I like the idea of it, if it accomplishes interesting characterization, but I’m curious if other people approach it with more objectivity.
Do you mind explaining what you mean by this for the s…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Write to bring me pain. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
Thanks! 🙂 It was fun to draw.
I can see how someone would feel that way. I’ve never had trouble keeping my mental images separate from movies. It must depend on the person lol.
That would be nice. XD It’s annoying to have different versions of characters competing for attention. I can usually keep them s…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
@mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper @elishavet-pidyon @ellette-giselle
Maybe I shouldn’t say anything bc y’all all seem so passionate about the LOTR books…but…wellllllll
I only liked several of the characters bc of the movies *runs*
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
Aaiii! Save us, it’s a film lover!
*Strangled gasp of horror*
Just kidding. I do understand that, and I have heard of some fantastic things they did with the adaptions, including splendid character interactions and even deviations from the books that actually made the plot more family friendly. Like cutting out the barrow…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Write to bring me pain. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
-
MineralizedWritings posted a new activity comment 2 years ago
Messed your tag up @whalekeeper
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Oh my. Those are stupendous. XD
I just knew he was doomed…Sorry y’all. II had homework ambush me. I’ll try to write an RP now.
- Load More
