@whalekeeper
Active 2 days, 9 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6041
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What's Your Writing Process? 😀 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
My oc Tauren would be a pigeon. He has a pet pigeon in the story. It’s basically the suicide bird they send down a mine/well to see if it’s safe (if it comes out alive it’s safe) but he befriended it. Not sure about me other characters.
What animals would your characters be?
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What's Your Writing Process? 😀 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
Daydreaming is a lot of fun lol. That’s really interesting that you spend a lot of time on it, but have a better finished product. How far are you into writing your current WIP?
Idk what to call my writing process, it’s weird. I just like describing stuff, I could write without a plot of somebody gave me an idea for a scene. That…[Read more]
-
Rose Everdeen replied to the topic What's Your Writing Process? 😀 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
Ooohhh fun topic!
How fast do you go from daydreaming to writing? Do you daydream at all? Do you write a first draft real quick and edit afterward? Or are you on the slower side, editing as you go? Ooo, and do you have a writing ritual?
Well, I daydream a LONG time. Usually, I’m daydreaming about a plot while writing a different…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic What's Your Writing Process? 😀 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
Ooo, ouch. My processes tend to change per book.
But over all, I’d say:
- I start with day dreaming, which usually starts with a random character then progresses to world building.
- When an idea gets lodged in my head, I may write a character sketch or two, and day dream untill a plot solidifies and character archs become complex…
-
Rose Everdeen replied to the topic Greetings friends! in the forum Start HERE 4 years ago
Okay okay okay, this is totally random, but… hi! *Waves awkardly*
Hello hello!! Nice to meet you! What genres do you write, what’s your current WIP about?
-
Rose Everdeen replied to the topic How soon should the MC's misbelief come in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
I’m glad I could help! 😀
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Scene (& Explanation) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
Your descriptive writing is so good! I could really imagine it. I absolutely love the line ,”More than dirt would soon be under those nails.” I personally could not have read that at 12-14 years old, but I was a really sensitive kid lol, I’m sure some on that age range would love it.
Does Axel get free eventually?
-
Rose Everdeen replied to the topic How soon should the MC's misbelief come in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
Hello hello! I may have an idea that could help you along!
Think Sara from A Little Princess. (1010, by the way 😍) She isn’t that flawed, until she becomes a beggar. Then her heart hardens just a bit. And that’s a good chunk into the story.
What you’re describing sounds like a flat character arc. It doesn’t mean the character arc d…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic DRAFTING FORUM!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@freedomwriter76 @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @ava-blue @whalekeeper @queen_of_alvastia @keilah-h @really-anyone XD SOOO anyone on?? I’ve FINALLY written some tonight (and hoping to write some more!)
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Scene (& Explanation) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@whalekeeper I NEED MORE ASAP!!!!!!!! AGH JACKAL AND AXEL!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH *yeets into the protection squad* NUUUUUUUUU I LOVE THEM NOW AND I NEED TO READ MOOOOOOOOOOORE
-
Queen_of_Alvastia replied to the topic Scene (& Explanation) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@whalekeeper Good b/c otherwise I would have flat out kidnapped them XD
-
Queen_of_Alvastia replied to the topic Scene (& Explanation) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@whalekeeper Ummm only that they are both traumatized and in need of my protection lol
😎😎
-
Ava Blue replied to the topic Writing AUs of your own stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@devestate_lasting why have I never thought of a school AU?? :0 I love your profile picture, btw!
@freedomwriter76 I would 💖 to see an AU of your story with Riker!! And thank you! I forgot to add, in my Western AU Bronwen and Kami are bandits and partners in crime, they’re so funny to write because Bronwen just wants to get things over with but…[Read more]
-
Queen_of_Alvastia replied to the topic Scene (& Explanation) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@whalekeeper Oooh this is really interesting!!! 😊😊😊 I wouldn’t call it trashy by any means!! Please keep going – I must know what happens to Axel, and Jackal. Especially Jackal. Poor guys!! Can I just add them both to the #ProtectionSquad?!?!? 💖💖
*puts on sunglasses*
Okay, I’m ready now XD 😎
-
Koshka replied to the topic Scene (& Explanation) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
Now I feel sorry for Jackal, and while my opinion of a certain giant hasn’t exactly improved, the others have sunk rather farther.
(Please save Axel, and Jackal, and anyone else…THEY NEED FREEDOM! SET THE POOR PEOPLE FREE! Please?)
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Scene (& Explanation) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
It’s pretty good! I really enjoyed reading that just now. It’s very interesting.
But does Axel get free? Also, do they have to fight to the death? Does he die in the end?
And I don’t really like the giants either, even though they can be rather funny.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Scene (& Explanation) in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
I really don’t like those giants. Even Doug. Especially Doug.
(And Axel does get free eventually right?)
-
Queen_of_Alvastia replied to the topic Greetings friends! in the forum Start HERE 4 years ago
@rose-everdeen *emerges from a dark corner* ROSE!! YOU’RE HERE!!! *tackle hugs you* *steps back from your dragon*
(just as a side note, y’all her trilogy *gasps* is gonna be amazing! <3)
My writing…ummm hmmm, I know the next book is gonna be orange, and yellow, and red…FIRE!!
My current WIP *takes a stab in the dark* dark green, like forest…[Read more]
-
Ava Blue replied to the topic How soon should the MC's misbelief come in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years ago
@Whalekeeper I think it could work! But I think the character’s desire and fear, whatever they may be, have to be very strong motivators. And (as far as my un-extensive knowledge goes) they should probably not come into conflict with the character’s misbelief.
Anyways, I think that would totally work fine, especially because her misbelief is…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Hello Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 4 years ago
@starshiness Thanks!💕 Good luck finishing your novel! I know I’m no expert on finishing things  😬😅
@whalekeeper I love that story idea! It sounds like very a fantastical world especially with the flying whale. 😍🐋 Â Mel is a rambunctious, imaginative 9-12 year old only child. Also, Sebastian is an awesome name and fits that personality per…
- Load More
