-
hybridlore posted an update 8 months, 2 weeks ago
@theshadow
Hey! How are you doing? I haven’t heard from you in a bit! -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ started the topic idk what to call this but… in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 months, 2 weeks ago
@esther-c @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @theshadow @theducktator @whalekeeper @rae @keilah-h @ellette-giselle @grcr @hybridlore
So most of you probably remember my little project back in March, you know, the collection that I put together that was a mix of poetry and short stories, allegories and things like that. I gave it to my youth group as part…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. started the topic I DID IT GUYS, I WROTE AN ORIGINAL STORY in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 months, 1 week ago
yep, it’s just a prologue and part of 1 chapter right now but hey! I actually did it!
here ya go if you wanna read it:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8Up1XMYeuBavdafSNez1AVIVX4v6inMa9Q4gXBeYpY/edit?usp=sharing
Now, to those who have read my fanfic, it does have identical species names to them, but know that the Argonites, Salamandrion,…[Read more]
-
Liberty started the topic Jesus Writing Month!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 months, 1 week ago
@koshka @loopylin @mineralizedwritings @freed_and_redeemed @stephie @linus-smallprint @keilah-h @godlyfantasy12 @euodia-vision @savannah_grace2009 @hybridlore @theshadow @ellette-giselle @janellebelovedpig @dekreel @rae @grcr @esther-c @whalekeeper @elishavet-pidyon, @raxforge, @theducktator, @highscribeofaetherium, @theloonyone @power
Are any of…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ started the topic WARS in the forum Plotting 11 months, 4 weeks ago
@ellette-giselle @jonas @highscribeofaetherium @esther-c @keilah-h @grcr @whalekeeper @theshadow @ppl i forgot
Hey guys! I’m bored with Andromeda right now (don’t freak out, I intend to come back to it later) so I’m just trying to get creative again…so I’m trying to plot a new novel.
Basically the subplot is a war, and I know nothing about…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic My Sister Published a Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 1 month ago
@stephie @ellette-giselle @grcr @theshadow
Did any of you get around to reading her first book?
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic My Sister Published a Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 1 month ago
@theshadow @grcr @ellette-giselle @stephie
My sister, Ellie, just published the sequel to A Prached Land. She would appreciate it if you would check it out!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic My Sister Published a Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 1 month ago
@theshadow @stephie @grcr @ellette-giselle
My sister, Ellie, has published the sequel to A Parched Land. You can now order it on Amazon. She would appreciate it if you would take a look!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Rock music in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 1 month ago
Thank you for the concern, it’s so kind of you! Your right on the money, I have noticed I’ve become a bit obsessive/overly scrupulous about things recently, so as you mentioned I will look into OCD.
No problem! 🙃 I hope you find some helpful material. Just let me know if you want me to link some stuff that’s helped me before! Pra…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Rock music in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 1 month ago
Yeah, it’s pretty cool!
And if you don’t enjoy rock, that’s fine. Sometimes certain genres bothers a person and they don’t know why. It’s just a fact of their life. Many country songs rub me off the wrong way, and I don’t know why. 🤷♀️
You might have to explain what that thing is though XD.
Synesthesia? That’s where a person has de…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Rock music in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 1 month ago
I listen to rock and metal sometimes
Someone made a heavy metal version of The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything. It’s awesome. XD
I don’t usually listen to rock, rap, (except Hamilton. I love Hamilton), or pop, but I LOVE jazz. (I’m listening to Frank Sinatra as I write this). I’d chalk this up with the food questions in w…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Rock music in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 1 month ago
Hey! 🙂 I haven’t thought about this in a long time, but I agree with everyone else on this thread. Just because a genre of music has been used to spread bad messages does not mean the genre itself is bad.
Take jazz, for example. There are many different jazz songs, and these songs have been the backdrop for cozy, peaceful memories…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Rock music in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 1 month ago
I’m not an expert on this, but would say that as long as the song itself does not glorify sin, it probably falls in with eating meat sacrificed to idols. Paul teaches that one person may be able to eat it with the understanding that God made all things and the food is just food and can be eaten to glorify God instead, but another…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Rock music in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 1 month ago
I don’t tend to listen to Rock, so I’m not the best one to answer this. XD
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Rock music in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 1 month ago
Instead of giving you a direct answer, I am going to give you a few things to think through from both sides of the argument.
I don’t believe that just because something has been invented by a Godless person does not mean it is wrong. Consider this: If we take a look at the book of Genesis, it was Jubal who invented instruments.…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Rock music in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 1 month ago
This sounds like something my OCD brain would get stuck on as well. I don’t think music is evil just for being a certain type of music, but everyone will always have different opinions about this and if it is OCD, talking about it and trying to come up with a logical answer sounds good, but it’s not going to help.
It’s up to you if yo…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Worth All the World in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 2 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @theducktator @grcr @smiley @keilah-h @theshadow
Ok guys… 👀 I know it’s a lot to read, but I’m dropping the last 6 chapters!! Enjoyyyy! And then give me alllll the feedback! I’m planning to finally start on the official third draft soon.
Chapter 27
Hallie rolled onto her back and let out a sigh, staring at the dark ceiling…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Great KP Search in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 2 months ago
Tagging as many people as I can think of.
@koshka @elishavet-pidyon @mineralizedwritings @loopylin @linus-smallprint @keilah-h @rae @theducktator @grcr @highscribeofaetherium @raxforge @theshadow @janellebelovedpig @stephie @ellette-giselle @thearcaneaxiom @princesachronicle22 @hybridlore @savannah_grace2009 @esther-c @the_lost-journal @felicity…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Worth All the World in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 2 months ago
This was really strong, it’s great you’re making Easton and Hallie struggle with the fact that Tyler’s dead and not making them coming to terms with it instantaneous. It’s realistic, and you’re doing a good job at it. I think you could maybe delve into the despair a bit more, but other than that everything is good.
Thank you!
And…[Read more] -
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 2 months ago
@theshadow @whalekeeper @ellette-giselle @linus-smallprint @theducktator @keilah-h
New chapters!! There’s a bundle of them, but yes, this is the end. 🥹
Let me know when you’ve finished, and I’ll try to put together some questions about the larger arc of the book.
Thank you guys so much for reading! Your encouragement and comments have been…[Read more]
- Load More

@hybridlore Hello! Sorry I didn’t reply, I’ve been super busy recently. Thank you for reaching out! I’m doing okay, life is getting kind of stressful with all of the scholarships I need to apply to for college. How are you?
It’s okay! I was wondering if you were still around!
Oh yeah, that makes sense! Are you graduating this year? Do you know what kind of degree you’re trying to get?
I’m doing alright! The last few months my anxiety has been higher but thankfully I think I’m starting to get better… We have been getting sick a lot so not much else is going on, besid…[Read more]
Yes, I’ll be graduating in May. It’s so weird thinking about how I won’t be at my high school anymore lol. I want to go into agriculture (probably a general degree) but the college I wanted to go to that offered it put me on its waitlist.
I’m glad your anxiety is getting better, that’s really good! I’ll pray for you that it keeps getting bet…[Read more]
Oh, cool! I’m sorry. 😞 Hopefully you’ll be able to find a different way (or get in) soon!
Thank you!! Yeah, I know 😅 It is pretty bad this year.
The recital is for orchestra! Oh, that’s cool! Anything major, or just small changes? You’re still working on the same one, right?
Fun!! Is it a good play?
It’s okay, and thank you. I’m hoping there will be an opening or something.
Oh cool, your in an orchestra? What instrument do you play?
I’m still working on the same story, and the changes are pretty major, mostly to the plot and characters.
It’s an okay play. We’re doing Radium Girls, and to be honest I would’ve preferred doing a different play…[Read more]
Sorry I never got back to you on this! How are you?
I play the violin, and I have actually not been working on the sequel! The last few months I’ve kind of been taking a break from writing. I’m hoping to start working on something again soon, but I’m just waiting for the right time and also not sure if I will go back to TCOH or start a new story…[Read more]
That’s okay! I’m doing better now that I’m on spring break lol. How are you doing? You said you had a recital last time, so how did that go?
Ohh, right, you did mention once that you play violin. That’s so cool!
Ah, well it’s good you’re taking the time to wait for the right moment. Have you been thinking about ideas for a new story lately, or…[Read more]
That’s good!! The recital went fine! I’m actually already working on the next music, which I like a lot more!
I’m doing alright! My OCD has been worse the past few weeks, but thankfully it seems to be getting better. How are you doing with your thoughts?
I have had another idea, but I haven’t developed it much!
Yes, I get that! Sometimes it’s ju…[Read more]
Yay, I’m glad your recital went well, and I hope the next one goes well too!
Glad to hear your OCD is getting better, I’ll pray for you that it keeps going that way.
I’m doing alright with my thoughts. The past couple of weeks I was in a pretty bad patch, but through that I’ve been able to learn more about myself and others. I recently read Me…[Read more]