@theducktator
Active 3 weeks, 1 day ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 4 months ago
I wish I could draw like that
That drawing is 15 years of practice being put into one piece of art. I’ve been drawing since I could first hold a crayon (our poor walls lol). You’ll get there 🙂
I imagine that alone took FOREVER!!!!
It took 7+ hours for the entire drawing, not sure how long it was for the background alone.
Can I…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
@linus-smallprint i mean like as long as you’re clarifying that superstitions are wrong, then it’s not bad to include it as an obstacle to the characters..
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 4 months ago
That ended up bigger than I expected…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 4 months ago
New character design

The character’s name is Gabriel Mai.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
@linus-smallprint you’re welcome!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
@loopylin @the_lost-journal eyyyyy fellow Portal people
I still haven’t played it cause my computer is as potato as GLaDOS in the last half of the game but we’ve been watching a ton of playthroughs lol
I built him a Wheatley model out of Legos.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
Good section. I’m glad Leon and Julian saved Hue. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the Capital.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
also help guys I accidentally got my brother really into the Portal games and now he’s writing “the cake is a lie” on his schoolwork
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
@highscribeofaetherium I totally understand.
yes he’s super cute lol, my parents just found him at a store while they were running errands and bought him for me and my brother cause they know we love fidgets
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
yeah, it’s just a first draft, those are never, ever perfect. Some can get close to how the end story is, but there’s inevitably gonna have to be at least one scene you cut, one set of dialogue you rework, one characters whose role changes, etc.
Thanks, Keilah!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
@whalekeeper @stephie @theducktator @ellette-giselle @keilah-h
Chapter 27 out!
This chapter took an unexpected direction. I never thought I would be writing that sort of thing. *shivers* But then again, Andrew Perterson had something like it in his first Wingfeather book.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
Now I’m just confused.
Good.
Philippians 4:13 is a verse people like to take out of context when they set their eyes on a goal, like win a sports game.
The point is that context is key, and by removing it, it can be easy to twist verses into excuses to do what we want. Like what Satan did when he tempted Jesus.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Anyone else doing Crazy Editing Week? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
CEW == Crazy Editing Week?
I don’t have anything to edit right now, so don’t think I will join. But thank you for the invite!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
Well, as Philippians 4:13 says:
“I can do all things…” with a Bible verse taken out of context.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
Though I do recall some villains in book 2 at least who tried to tempt Joseph by telling him that suffering wasn’t worth it. I just think Karl is more interesting because he has some understanding of Christianity, and has the potential to make a stronger argument.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 4 months ago
“I was one of them,” Andreas said. “That one night when we were threatening you, you looked straight at me, and you said it wasn’t too late. I never forgot those words.”
Ah… Okay, I remember him.
Remind me… are the Steins the family Julian, Aelic, and Roland were staying with when Leon and Rolf caught up to them?
Ba…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
Would you exercise for your family?
I mean, yeah?? I don’t quite see what my family has to do with it. Sure, I want to be healthy, but is it wrong to want to do that just for me? Or just because we should take care of our bodies? Same with 2 and 3. Maybe I don’t quite understand what you mean, sorry.
Would you chase your dreams…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago

This is Squooshy.His name is quite accurate.
We do not know what he is made of. He may or may not be radioactive. [not in reality lol]
He is friends with a small blue-tinted slinky. No one has the heart to tell him it’s a slinky and thus doesn’t have feelings.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 4 months ago
now, living for them, I would do. The not-courage thing only extends to dying. All those other things, maybe, but I wouldn’t exactly know if I were doing it for my family, for myself, for someone else, if you know what I mean…?
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 1 year, 4 months ago
Yay that makes me happy! Thanks for interviewing!! It was fun answering the questions!!
and realizing how much I still need to think about/worldbuild lol XDLol ah, I see!
- Load More
