@theducktator
Active 2 weeks, 1 day ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Ruth replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
In my world, I have a rather boring magic system.
There are two main types of magic that all magic falls into, magick and I’ll call this one abilities for now, because I haven’t found a satisfying name for it.
Magick (I’m specifically spelling it with a ‘k’ because the ‘k’ on the end is connected to the occult, and I want it to be clear that…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah, I like the Sniper one.
@keilah @koshka
It’s okay Keilah. The other day I called one of my characters something like “my little wolf child” and “baby”.
My older sister looked at me with this blank stare and asked who I was talking about because “Isn’t he the soldier?”
I do very similar things lol
-
whaley and
Stepheroni and Cheese are now friends 1 year, 8 months ago -
Andrew replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
so @raxforge , I dedicate this to you
YAY! Thank you! I was dedicated to something! XD
I’m currently working on my magic system, but I’m just going to copy and paste my description of magic from my world building site:
There are two kinds of magic, light and dark. Magic can be administered in two ways, spells and runes.
And t…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
/Kayla/ not /kia-lah/ got it, lol, I’ve been saying that differently too XD
For your correction, it was Monseur de André, XD
But yeah, I like straight to the point, but I’ll be goofy at times and be like, “Why the heck not” and just change my name to something ridiculous lol
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
I could fangirl all day over Secret of the Wings. Except that would bother people, so I choose not to. (You’re welcome, random people around me.)
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah, so it’s still floating around your brain like you just discovered it. I can totally see that working as a soft magic system. Is this something you want to solidify more, or is it goig to be fantastically random? (Either is great. ;])
trash griffins
I am also interested
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
Love the genderbent Smee
I choked on my own breathing 🤣😭
It makes me so sad they didn’t do it. I think there might be a book series out or releasing which is written about Tinker Academy. That’s all I’ve heard. I found a fun video essay about it on YouTube, but haven’t finished it. Tinkerbell was such a thing for me as…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh my goodness, have you ever heard of the Tinkerbell movie that never finished production? It was called Tinker Academy or something, and rumor has it, it was going to be steampunk themed. I can’t believe they didn’t make it.
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
(YES HE IS LIKE IN HIS TWENTIES. LOVE ME A HOT VILLAIN ROFL)
GIIIIRRL the darkness has overtaken yoouu… 🤣🤣
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
Ooohh funsies! Tinkerbell is such a favorite of mine, and I like the boots you gave her on the moodboard. It looks very accurate to her character if you took the story in a more serious fantasy direction.
Oh, I just noticed the crocodile. Hehehehehe.
-
whaley replied to the topic Going Back To An Old WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*Starts laughing* *Tries to catch up with you*
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Tagging people I seem to remember using magic before. I’m not sure if y’all are the right people, I apologize if you aren’t. @godlyfantasy12 @rae @highscribeofaetherium @loopylin @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @savannah_grace2009
-
whaley started the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Magic systems are such a struggle sometimes. Sometimes it’s something as simple as the elemental power of fire, and sometimes it is something as complicated as the periodic table of elements. They are so fun, and yet so hard to get right. XD
This is a topic to branch off the new world-building topic, so @raxforge , I dedicate this to you, and to…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Going Back To An Old WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah girl. Look at me. *Presses face into the screen* That’s a full 50,000 words. That’s no simple feat. 🥰 And you actually have words on the page which can be edited and made into something even better! It’s not like you’re working with an empty document here, this is a seriously already finished first draft.
-
whaley replied to the topic Going Back To An Old WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I was reminded of something one of yall had said about maybe working on another WIP since maybe I’m just burnt out a bit on this one right now?
You should do that!! You’re not giving up on November or Paxton or anyone, you’re just giving them time to rest and develop in your subconscious. I often switch between projects when I feel burnt out. It g…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Going Back To An Old WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
FIRST I COMMENTED FIRST
…Okay now I’m going to read what you wrote XD
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
The evil/weird religious system in my WIP so far only has moon worship and possibly vague ancestor stuff…which is being an issue because of blurred lines between calendars and idolatry, but I’m actually having fun with that so far so let’s hope I don’t end up with mad parents.
I think it makes sense. There was a lot of moon worship in the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
And you never really know how many categories world building falls into. There’s just so many different things. I know I keep saying this, but it’s crazy. Just the fact that one of my protagonists is biracial brings up so many questions that have to be answered so I can sleep at night.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
YYYAAAAAAASSSSSS QUUEEEEENN SLAAAYYY ✨✨✨💅💅💅❤️❤️❤️
- Load More
