@theducktator
Active 2 weeks, 1 day ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@rae oh lollll
I’m glad he thought it was funny. Hope he enjoys the fic! When he’s finished, ask him what his favorite characters and species were.
….you did explain I didn’t make it all up right? That it’s just my interpretation of an existing fandom?
-
whaley's profile was updated 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Sorry, I keep on forgetting about this and prioritizing other things. I don’t think I will be participating in this one again.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
nope, I have two brothers and 1 sister.
Ah.
I honestly think that it’s not good to have that big of a congregation. We’re called to fellowship with the believers and uplift, encourage, and hold one another accountable. I find that hard to do when you don’t know the people in your church. *shrug* that’s just my opinion.
As someone…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
Nice, I am glad to know I’m not the only Canadian and non-Amarican on here.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic How do you world build? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m more into creating characters and stories than worldbuilding. Although I have done a bit. I do like fantasy races and did spend a bit of time on those. But typically for my worldbuilding, I only do it when necessary. And I will often get distracted with writing the story itself. When I do world build, I base it on what I know about…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
Yep! I think Canada’s big enough that it doesn’t count as revealing my location online…
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
oh I think we have about………… 100 kids and young adults and maybe 25 parents. (our family of 6 is the smallest family in the church. the average is about nine kids,)
That’s a nice size. I think we have about 600-900 people on a Sunday. It’s hard to get to know everyone in a congregation of that size. I often say now, ‘I don’t k…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
One of our foreign pastors was killed a week or so ago, and the pastor closest to him got a death threat. There is always this real sense of “oh, somebody in our church may have actually known him,” or at least been very familiar with his work.
Oh. I’m sorry about that. That’s scary. I tend to think of missionaries being killed as a t…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
In Canada, the problem that I’m noticing is the stuff with residential schools.
Hold on, are you Canadian as well?
Yeah, I agree with you on the whole ‘Truth and Reconciliation’ thing. This world needs Christ, which is why we are to be salt and light to it.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Denomination Q and A in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 8 months ago
@the_lost-journal @theducktator @trailblazer @stephie
I have never heard of it, but I was shocked when I saw that your pastor was thrown in prison… – Kefa
Yes. We shut down our church for the first few months, but then our pastor went, ‘No. This is wrong. The church needs to meet.’ so we opened it back up. We got the attention of the government an…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
(I’m only gone foe a few days, and suddenly people are changing their usernames and profile pictures all at once. How am I supposed to know who’s who anymore?)
-
Ruth replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
BTW how’s that drawing of Soldier going?
I wasn’t able to print the reference pictures until this morning. Currently, I’m thinking over posing.
My brother took the pictures and asked what it was. He had a good laugh over Soldier’s grin as he teleports bread lol. I’m gonna try to get him to read your fanfic, I think he’d like it a lot.
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
@ellette-giselle Here you go.
@keilah-h @highcribeofaethum
Fourth story!
Brutus
I am a hideous monster. I have taken so many lives, caused so much pain. And why? Why did I do it all? To please Father. To feel like I belonged and had purpose. That I was worth something. My true parents abandoned me, Father took me in. I had to prove to him…[Read more] -
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Stepheroni and Cheese’s magic system, rephrased by AI in the style of Kraft Dinner microwave instructions:
Microwave Instructions for Magic System Rant
Open up your world: Qanti, the creator, originally made humans just like ours, but then an angel (who’s probably evil, can’t remember the name) convinced them to ask for Qanti’s power. Qan…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@the_lost-joural
That’s totally fine!
*takes back the snowballs*
I suppose I’ll throw them at…
*drum roll*
@theducktator x18 !!!
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Baron Chronicles in the forum Short Story Critiques 1 year, 8 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Arcs in the forum Characters 1 year, 8 months ago
Oh yeah, this is also a great article: https://booklaurie.com/blog/the-psychology-of-creating-characters/
- Load More
