@theducktator
Active 2 weeks ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 7 months ago
I’m so sorry that happened! I’ll be praying for y’all!!
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 7 months ago
@people,Idon’tknowwhototag
Today, after church, we were getting ready to go and my dad put his “murse” (man purse) on the table in the entrance of the church. He was gone for maybe a minute before we were ready to leave and gathering up the stuff, and it was gone.
Mom went outside.
The van was gone too.
So yeah–the van was stolen, as well as…[Read more]
-
Stepheroni and Cheese replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
My question is, how do you tough through some of the sections which aren’t as fun to write? And how do you motivate yourself to keep going when your finished sections look pretty bad?
I hear you.
And I have no solutions. *shrugs* If anyone comes up with any…lemme know XD
-
Enid replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Miiinnnn, hey girl!! Has life been chill with you?
I realized afterwards this was just the author being really smart. The match wasn’t super important, and by the main character having it explained to him we get it summarized as readers.
I shall remember this in case of emergency boring scene, then. XD Sometimes you just go…[Read more]
-
Enid changed their profile picture 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Enid replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 7 months ago
Ooooh tasty art. *Nom nom nom* And watercolors are the perfect medium for such a character! Job very well done, I must say!!
-
Enid replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 7 months ago
*Bored because I’m stuck in bed* *Scrolls KP*
Ooh pretty, and I like the name Letice. It’s very unique.
11 pm is late? Gracious, I must be an insomniac or something. I’m doing good to be down by 12. Now my usual get up time is between 7:00 – 8:00 depending on the day, so I suppose if you’re an early riser it makes…
-
Andrew replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Rax and Ben
Rax looked at the curious man, or whatever he was. I wonder if he’s a water mage. He saw the little guy give him room to walk. “Oh, thank you, I am Rax, and this is Ben.” Ben gave a wave with his metallic arm. “What is your name?”
-
Enid replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
As long as you love it and it contains a piece of your heart, that’s all that matters. <3
I’m not sure how to feel about this. I feel more as if I’m trying to put my heart into it, and I haven’t found the way to express it in writing format. But thanks for the encouragement. 😁
If this were the case, then w…
-
Esther posted an update 1 year, 7 months ago
Ok, I’m tagging a lot of people for this, but don’t feel obligated to reply.
So, I’ve gotten stuck in my current WIP, but as I work through that slowly, I want to return to an older WIP that I worked on over the summer and really want to refine. It’s only in a first draft, but I’d like to have a critique partner for it.
The type of critique…[Read more]-
Actually, I’mma remake the moodboards, hehehe. So they shall be revealed later this week. :PP
-
I replied but didn’t tag you. Not sure if you got it.
-
-
I would be willing to try and help with this. You know my views on Romance are rather different than norm, and I believe highschool romantic relationships aren’t healthy. But I’m willing to give it a shot.
I also do edit. I’m not a line-by-line editor, but I have worked as a plot/character/story editor before.
We do have different beliefs on…[Read more]-
I appreciate the offer!! Truly!
But like you said, we might not work super well together because of our different viewpoints. So yeah, right now I’d say no, but I will keep you in mind! :))-
No problem! I can be your last resort if no one else offers. 😉
-
Sounds good. 😉 Let me know if you want to be tagged when I post the chapters on here some time! :))
-
-
-
-
Mm. Sounds interesting, but I’m totally unqualified. I don’t think I’d be able to help much… Sorry… 😅😑
-
Hey no worries! 🤗
-
-
I’m sorry, I don’t think I can help you 🙁
-
That’s totally fine, girl! ☺️
-
-
I’m definitely interested in reading your novel, but I’ve read almost no YA, so I wouldn’t be much help.
-
No worries! I’ll be sure to tag you tho when I start sharing it on here!!
-
Awesome! 🙂
-
-
-
@esther-c I would love to help! This went into my spam for some reason, so I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you. Are you still looking for someone?
-
Actually…I think you might be perfect. You gave some great feedback on my short story, so I’m sure you could do the same for my novel! :))
I’ll PM you later this week with more details and the link to the doc. Thank you so much!!! 🤗-
Awesome! I love family and sibling dynamics, and I also read a good amount of YA, so this seems right up my alley! (Although I won’t be able to help much with the 90s references, haha.)
Do you still have my email from the short story critique?-
Yay yay!! (Oh I know, right?? I’ve asked my parents and some other older writers I’ve met through KDWC, and even though they gave me a lot to use [plus Google, lol], there’s still something difficult about getting it right since I didn’t live then 🤪)
Yes I believe so!-
@esther-c Yeah, that totally makes sense! I was gonna say, ask your parents xD. But I’m sure it’s still difficult.
Great!! 😄
-
-
I may have to get some YA recs from you sometime, because I struggle to find clean fiction that I would actually enjoy 😭
-
Oh definitely! I’m sure I can come up with a list. Middle grade stuff can be great if it’s well done, because content is so much better. 😉
-
@hybridlore
Please tag me if you post recommendations! I want to read YA, but it’s usually filthy and cringe. -
For sure!! Until you come across that one middle school relationship that somehow works out perfectly. 😂
-
-
Ok for some reason even though I still see your comments on the short story doc, it won’t let me view your email. 😅 Could you share that again with me so I can share the other doc?? I’ll tell you as soon as I see it if you don’t want to leave your email up.
-
Awesome! Tysm!! I’ll probably send you the doc tomorrow since I need to make a few notes on it first. :))
-
-
Ok I added you to the document! You should get an email about it I believe. (:
-
-
-
-
Hoo boy. I’d love to, but uhhhh…I wouldn’t be any help. I’m a terrible critiquer and my romance experience is practically nil. You would probably help me more than I help you….sorry!
Funny enough though, my own romance work (a fanfic) took place in 1970 in New Mexico. What are the odds?
-
Ahh, no problem! :))
No way! That’s so cool! XD-
Yeah it was just a consequence of how the original story was set up, but it’s funny to think about.
I doubt your characters will experience anything even close to mine though lol-
Oh dear, was it a Star Wars fanfic?? In that case, I hope my charries aren’t handling the types of weapons they use. 🤣
-
No, it was something else, but yeah there were a lot of weapons involved XD
-
My Star Wars fanfics don’t really cross over into our world. Yet.
-
Though I suppose in a fanfic, you could do whatever 🤷🏻♀️
-
-
Oh duhhhh 🤦🏻♀️ I’ve watched like all the Star Wars movies, I should know they don’t take place on earth 🤣
-
lolllll no biggie.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Enid replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
However, one thing I do know is that Eric was always supposed to turn into a wolf.
This is why I don’t want to say no, because I know what it feels like to connect with an idea.
-
Enid replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
Agh… Having read this, I am completely divided. And I mean seriously divided, which doesn’t happen to me often when giving an opinion.
If Eric pulled a Kalmar, I honestly think the comparisons to Wingfeather wouldn’t stop. There are already similarities in lore, and while there are differences, Featherheads are probably g…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint changed their profile picture 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
A short introduction to Book II:
Title: The Narrow Path Trilogy: Book II – The Sword
Brief Plot Idea:
‘You may be done with magic, but magic isn’t done with you’
Alan is a wizard more powerful than any other. Once, Alan would have desired it, but now it is only a curse to him. The magic of Ehverwyld is twisted…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Yes, I thought of you as a quieter girl. Lover of books. Long light/medium brown hair. Writer, friendly, softer spoke.
*shrug*
Not sure if any of that is true. (except I know the hair isn’t.)
I mean yeah, that sounds pretty accurate. I may be more talkative than you pictured, but everything else sounds right.
Wait a s…[Read more]
-
HighScribe changed their profile picture 1 year, 7 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Wait a minute… so, what?? You’re introducing like a middle-East themed culture??
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
ah, I see! What game?
I don’t think it would be your thing. It’s a high fantasy 4X board game called ‘Heroes of Land, Air, and Sea.’ Think World fo Warcraft-type fantasy. It’s a game that takes 2-3, sometimes 4 hours to play.
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
(I’m guessing you like boats and wolves?)
Wolves definitely are my favourite animal, this may or may not be evident in my writing. (More on that later.)
The boat thing was more of a joke. I a board game I play with my friends, there is an option to build sea vessels, but it is rarely done. On the occasion it does happen, it is a…[Read more]
- Load More
