-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I don’t know if it’s been talked about, but this is my understanding of it:
The shards are not the embodiment of the idea they represent, they are a piece of Adonalsium’s personality. Thus, the ideas exist separately from the shards. Basically, being the shard Honor, makes Honor care about that concept. That’s why the Knights…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I also forgot to mention, when he’s compressing/dilating time, his interactions with other objects are unpredictable, due to the nature of messing with spacetime. So that forces him to turn it off if he wants to guarantee a hit. Otherwise his attack might just phase through them.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Ok I guess…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
He has to be careful to ration his Resonance. He has no idea how long he’ll be there, and get can’t get more. And if he runs out, he isn’t much of a threat.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
He seems rather OP lol.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Alright, here he is.
Lord VilsayorVilsayor is a nobleman and Crystal Binder from the planet Ildin. He is arrogant, condescending, cruel, and remorseless.
He’s fairly tall. Idk, let’s say 6’5”. His eyes…I’ll say…yellow. Why not? His hair is well groomed, black with gray in it, and he has a trimmed beard and mustache.
He wears a fancy navy bl…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Zahlin
Zahlin slowly nodded and extended his hand to pull Nahim to his feet. “Peace of Honor.”
Now that his adrenaline was wearing off, pain flared in his various wounds. Zahlin slumped against the wall and slowly slid down to the ground, breathing heavily.
Footsteps pounded in the hallway. The door swung open.
***
Ok, this is taking too lon…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I guess we are. I have a character I might add…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
@everyone
So we’re introducing the villains? @rae do you want to write an RP to introduce the location? (We can wait till we’re done with this scene first if you want.)
I’ll write up the description of my villain later.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I guess I’ve been stuck on what Zahlin should do now… 🤷♀️
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
@srae
Yes, I’m writing an RP now… how do you guys write them so fast? 😅
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Inktober Snippet Series: House of Nelindar in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 11 months ago
I happened to stumble upon this by chance….and I’m glad I did! Your writing is beautiful! It’s so sad….but beautiful! (you should publish this…)
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I read the chapter, and I think I see what you mean.
I wouldn’t say that your problem is the lack of action. I think the way you opened with the painting scene is a great introduction. It introduces Ami’s character, how she’s artistic, what she values, what kind of person she is. So it definitely doesn’t need more action. The way you…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
I know what villain I’ll add, but I don’t have time tonight.
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
It is hard to say much without knowing much of your book, but I do agree with what Sara said as far as openings…
Ok! If you do wanna read the chapter, I posted it like two posts above this one.
I guess it depends on the reader, but personally, I like books that paint some of the picture in the first (and even second) chapter… even if it seem…
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Ugh, sorry you’re going through that! That’s hard!
Yeah, thanks. XD My NaNo WIP feels so much easier because it’s so new, lol.
Could you maybe post some segments of it so I can see more of what you mean?
I posted the first chapter in the post above this one.
All I can say is that maybe you’re focusing a little too much on all…
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
What’s the first paragraph of your book?
So, the first paragraph doesn’t have much info in it since it’s only a few lines, but I’ll share the original first chapter so you can see what I’m talking about. (Hopefully. XD) In a day or two, I’m hoping to have an alternate first chapter written, so I may share that just to see if y’all think…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Oof, those are hard questions. For the first one, I get what you mean. I think for the first chapter, an introduction is fine. Personally, I would try to focus on the relationship between Ami and Ev, and his family conflict, because I think that will hook the reader.
Yes, definitely. XDXD
Ok, yeah. I think I already have a few ideas…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 11 months ago
Just kidding, I’ll start at :55. I have to get pumpkin pie first, lol.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 11 months ago
@jonas @thearcaneaxiom @highscribeofaetherium
*sighs* Okay, I changed my mind again.
I’m not doing first person (you’re welcome, Jonas, lol).
But I am in a sense, starting over.
Before you freak out, let me explain.
I’m still keeping the original beginning (Elysium, Pythonos, A Swift Death, A Thief, Gone, Stolen, and An Orphan). So bas…[Read more]
- Load More
