-
HighScribe posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
Gahh!! I was experimenting and playing around with present tense and now my brain gears are jamming now that I’m trying to do past tense again! It looks so wrong GAAHHHHH!!! XD
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Hello, Humans! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
My problem with reading epic fantasy is when I start, I can’t stop, and my sleep schedule becomes thoroughly messed up. Last time I read an epic fantasy book, I read six hundred pages in a span of less than 24 hours and got about 4 hours of sleep…
Lol. I can’t stop either. I got all four books of the Stormlight Archive for my bir…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Hello, Humans! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
(he coined the terms hard and soft btw).
Really? Huh. I didn’t know that. I feel like I’ve been aware of those terms for a super long time, but I didn’t read any of his books until last summer.
-
AveryTheExplodey replied to the topic Hello, Humans! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
I need to get more into Brandon Sanderson… I’ve read The Rithmatist and the Reckoners series, but nothing else. My brother and dad are really into Mistborn and Stormlight, though. My problem with reading epic fantasy is when I start, I can’t stop, and my sleep schedule becomes thoroughly messed up. Last time I read an epic…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Jonas volunteered Riina first, obviously, but if that doesn’t work out, Saoirse might be able to get him to dance. She’s still skulking around.
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I know, sorry. I’ll try to write one today, but idk how tired I’m going to be :/
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
😬
You and I are the only ones who have RPed recently. Idk what to have happen. If this RP us to get back on its feet, we can’t be the only ones trying. Someone, help!
You haven’t gone in a long time.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
That’s fair! I think the system has potential, though I do think it needs more of a mechanic to it. A version of telekinesis is cool, but what really sets it apart from normal telekinetic power? There’s the restriction to only cinders, and there’s some specific rules, but I think there could be more of a unique mechanic overa…
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
It’s possible Riina could do it, but he did throw a knife at her head, so…
It’s possible that that could motivate her to humiliate him, but only if she had reason to think it would work. I’ll try to come up with something. We’ll see…
-
AveryTheExplodey and
TheArcaneAxiom are now friends 2 years, 9 months ago -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
Also I forgot to mention…I don’t have all the exerpts from my WIP here on this forum. I will post them for you on here if you agree to help me. (because I didn’t want to take up a bunch of pages on here for no reason haha)
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING?!?!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@scoutfinch18o
Heyyy, I don’t think we’ve really met! I’m Sara (which you probably already knew haha!)
I have been stalking the topic where you’ve been critiquing RAE’s WIP…and I really like your critiquing style!
I was wondering…if you could maybe….critique mine too….?
I understand if you don’t have the time to help two people…I…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@esther-c @acancello @grcr @vinagirl @hybridlore
Introducing….Marcurious!!!
Here’s the newest chapter I wrote in my WIP:
Marcurious deftly snatched a ripe apple from the market stall, and sauntered away, holding his head high as if without a care in the world.
He pasted a look of innocence on his face.
I didn’t steal this apple. Nope. I p…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I love those characters SOOO much!!!!!! And their character arcs are amazing!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@anyone-who-needs-a-good-cry
I just wrote something very depressing and sad….so if anyone wants to read it…well…
A dull throbbing sensation at the back of her neck.
Anger burning hot in her veins.
Screams echoing around her, both her own, and the screams of innocent souls.
The smell of alcohol, of chloroform, of pain, of fear.
The smell…
-
AveryTheExplodey replied to the topic Hello, Humans! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Y’all sound like very interesting people! It’s nice to meet you!
Had you ever written stories before that, or was she the one who got you into it? I’d written some stories, mostly mysteries with anthropomorphic animals. 🙂
Would you own a fire-breathing cat if you had the option to do so? Absolutely. And I’d name him…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok, so cinderblazing sounds interesting. What I want to know is what makes the voidflame different? Is it inherently evil, or is it simply the anti particle of cinderflame, and if so, in what ways does it have opposite behaviors?
I don’t really have answers to any of those questions XD. I liked the idea of having a weird sort of f…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ and
mcmuffin are now friends 2 years, 9 months ago -
Allison and
mcmuffin are now friends 2 years, 9 months ago - Load More

Just…don’t do present tense.
Y?
Cause it usu Sounds weird.
Typos ignore
Cause it sounds weird? Was that what you were saying? After a bit, your brain shifts, and you dont even notice it. I like it with first person, as long as it isn’t just for no reason.
@jonas I personally LOVE doing first person present tense, but not third person present. Because I switch both tenses and person, I often have no problem with my brain gears.
Yeah third person present tense is bad. I personally don’t care for present tense at all. I think of it similarly to second person narration.
@jonas @rae
I’m just gonna jump in on this conversation lol…
I also LOVE first person present tense…but I HATE…I mean HATE third person present…unless of course I’m writing a certain depressing short story about my life a couple months ago heh…heh….OH! I cannot STAND second person…*retches over the side of the bed* Like WHO in their…[Read more]
@savannah_grace2009
The thing with second person is that it implies that the reader is the main character, which means you can’t design your own character. One week in my creative writing class, we did have a 2nd person assignment, but it was a choose your own adventure story.
@jonas
I know! That’s the sad part…no fun characters ):
Yeah that’s true…haha!
This is the technical side to present tense. Present tense adde immediacy—it feels like it’s happening *right now.* This is really good in some specific scenarios, but there’s one major problem. It is hard to maintain, it’s exhausting to read something long in present tense. Second person should almost always be present tense, and first person…[Read more]
@freedomwriter76 I’m not saying it’s bad to read, but when it comes to writing…I like the big picture. Besides, I write from the POV of Ru Eis most the time, and since she researches the events, they can’t really work well for Present Tense. It’d be like Laura Hillenbrand doing present tense for Unbroken.