Hello, Humans!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, Humans!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    AveryTheExplodey
    @a-r-kuhn
      • Total Posts: 8

Hello! I’m Avery–fantasy writer, cat lover, singer, and child of God! It’s so good to be here in this community. 🙂

A little bit about me:

+ current university student, former homeschooler

+ current WIP: Shades of Deception, 1st in a YA fantasy trilogy featuring spies, talking cats, and prophecy

+ favorites: the color blue, crepes, Dr. Pepper, cats, writing in a hundred-year-old oak tree

No, I don't know why it's on fire. *sighs*

HighScribe
      @highscribeofaetherium
        • Total Posts: 2205

@a-r-kuhn

Greetings and welcome! You can call me Bridget or HighScribe. I’m a current homeschooler and I’m working on a fantasy universe with multiple planets with my brother, @jonas.

Your WIP sounds super cool!! Feel free to tag me if you ever share more 😉

I can’t think of any questions atm, so I’ll leave it at that. Nice to meet you 🙂

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

AveryTheExplodey
        @a-r-kuhn

Nice to meet you, Bridget! It’s always cool to meet other homeschoolers (And don’t worry, my sanity is long-gone, as well.😉)

Cloaked Mystery
          @jonas
            • Total Posts: 2624

@a-r-kuhn

Hi! I’m Jonas/Cloaked Mystery. I’m a current homeschooler in 12th grade. I write fantasy, and as @highscribe mentioned, the two of us are working on a fantasy universe. I particularly like designing magic systems.

I also am bad at asking questions as is tradition, so I’ll leave it to others!

🏰 Fantasy Writer
            ✨ Magic System Creator
            🎭 Character RPer
            📚 Appreciator of Books

Esther
            @esther-c
              • Total Posts: 3201

@a-r-kuhn

Welcome to KP, Avery!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl! I’ve written fantasy and dystopian, but I have ideas in historical fiction and contemporary.

Shades of Deception, 1st in a YA fantasy trilogy featuring spies, talking cats, and prophecy

Um that sounds fantastic! I love it! 😂

Alrighty! Time for questions!

1. How long have you been writing?

2. What are you majoring in at the university? (If you don’t mind sharing of course, 😉 )

3. What’s your dream vacation?

4. Favorite part about being a writer?

Nice to meet you and hope to see ya around!!

And now to tag some other folks to say hi. 🙃

@freedomwriter76 @hybridlore @rae @highscribeofaetherium @jonas @thearcaneaxiom @savannah_grace2009 @mineralizedwritings @keilah-h @trailblazer @grcr Anddd, my mind is drawing blank so feel free to tag anyone else 😂

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3201

@highscribeofaetherium @jonas

And ya beat me to it. XD

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

-GRCR-
                @grcr
                  • Total Posts: 938

@a-r-kuhn

Hey there and greetings from Burne!

I’m -GRCR-! I’m a fiction fantasy-ish writer, an avid artist, a journalist for my fictional newspaper, and a character-lover/creator that has over three hundred beloved charries (oh, and I love them so much that I wish they were real people, lol). I enjoy listening to music and imagining my characters singing the songs.

Anyhow, welcome to KP! 😁

Oh, blue is a nice color! One of my favorites too… well, equal with red. Is there any particular shade of blue that you like?

Here are some random questions for you!

If you have any characters, how many do you have?

Which perspective do you enjoy most: first person (I walked), second person (You walked), or third person (He/she walked)?

If you were going to write an entirely original and new book, what would you create first: the world or the characters?

And, what song will forever remind you of last year?

Well… that’s it from me. Hope you enjoy KP, and I’ll see you around! 🙃

“What be a cretin?”
                  “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

AveryTheExplodey
                  @a-r-kuhn

Hey y’all!

@esther-c
                    Very nice to meet you!!

1. How long have you been writing? Well, technically since I was nine, but seriously since I was 12… and there’s still so much I don’t know! I kind of self-taught and just did a lot of random stuff and explored and experimented… then recently I realized, “Hmm, it might be helpful to know what I’m doing.”

2. What are you majoring in at the university? (If you don’t mind sharing of course, 😉 ) English! I am an English person through and through.

3. What’s your dream vacation? Italy. I’d be able to see Renaissance history and Ancient Roman history all in one place. 🙂

4. Favorite part about being a writer? Hmm… The mystery. My brother will never understand me. 😉 Jk, my fave part is the characters. I love them. They live in my head and drive me insane. XD

@grcr
                    Wonderful to meet you, as well!

If you have any characters, how many do you have? Umm… I’m not smart enough for that kind of math. Too many. In my trilogy, I have (only counting semi-important charries)… 15? Probably more I’m forgetting atm…

Which perspective do you enjoy most: first person (I walked), second person (You walked), or third person (He/she walked)? Okay, so complicated question. Mostly I write third person limited, usually in a multiple POV story. But I really love writing first person (especially with less-serious personalities) because it’s such a great way to explore the character’s individual voice.

If you were going to write an entirely original and new book, what would you create first: the world or the characters? So… kind of both. If I got a new idea, it would usually be about a character in a specific situation that suggests the worldbuilding. My current WIP started from the idea “spy with a talking cat.” Another random idea I had was “infant raised in a library where no one ever talks.” Once I had the idea, I’d probably focus mostly on the main character, thinking things from their POV and seeing what they do and how they act and what their attitude is… I’m something of a plantser, so I wouldn’t start intentionally working on worldbuilding or character development in any serious/planning capacity until I’d already started writing the story. XD

And, what song will forever remind you of last year? Ooh, that was on my to-do list for today, so thank you for reminding me. (Kind of a plantser with my life, too. Organized chaos over here.) Hmm… according to Spotify Wrapped, it’s Shadows by The Afters, but that’s just because that’s on my typing playlist. According to my own opinion, probably HAPPY by NF. (If you know the song, you’re worried about me. If you don’t know the song, you think “Oh good, she’s happy!”) XD

-GRCR-
                    @grcr
                      • Total Posts: 938

@a-r-kuhn

Umm… I’m not smart enough for that kind of math. Too many. In my trilogy, I have (only counting semi-important charries)… 15? Probably more I’m forgetting atm…

lol 😅 cool!

Okay, so complicated question. Mostly I write third person limited, usually in a multiple POV story. But I really love writing first person (especially with less-serious personalities) because it’s such a great way to explore the character’s individual voice.

Ah, cool! I write in third, one reason is because I struggle with writing first person fsr (I guess I just don’t practice enough lol)…

So… kind of both. If I got a new idea, it would usually be about a character in a specific situation that suggests the worldbuilding. My current WIP started from the idea “spy with a talking cat.” Another random idea I had was “infant raised in a library where no one ever talks.” Once I had the idea, I’d probably focus mostly on the main character, thinking things from their POV and seeing what they do and how they act and what their attitude is… I’m something of a plantser, so I wouldn’t start intentionally working on worldbuilding or character development in any serious/planning capacity until I’d already started writing the story. XD

Oh cool! I think you’re the first person to have said that! But hey, that’s really interesting.

Ooh, that was on my to-do list for today, so thank you for reminding me. (Kind of a plantser with my life, too. Organized chaos over here.) Hmm… according to Spotify Wrapped, it’s Shadows by The Afters, but that’s just because that’s on my typing playlist. According to my own opinion, probably HAPPY by NF. (If you know the song, you’re worried about me. If you don’t know the song, you think “Oh good, she’s happy!”) XD

(lol!! 🤣 It’s organized chaos over here too! 😂) Ooh… I’ve heard of NF before, but I’ve never listened to anything by them. I’m definitely worrying now, though… lol

“What be a cretin?”
                      “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

Trailblazer
                      @trailblazer
                        • Total Posts: 584

@a-r-kuhn

Welcome to KP! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, and I write primarily contemporary or historical fiction, but I also enjoy mysteries, and I’ve done a little journalism as well. I’m also into photography and hiking in the mountains. I’m also a former homeschooler who spent one year in public school (yeah that was an adventure I’ll never forget) and now currently working full time while writing in my free time.

And now for some questions-

I’ve been asking every new person this week this question: What is one thing God did in your life this past year?

What is one thing on your bucket list? (Aside from Italy, as you already mentioned)

Do you have a favorite quote?

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Sara
                        @savannah_grace2009
                          • Total Posts: 1977

@a-r-kuhn

Heyyy! I’m Sara! I write fantasy/allegories. I’m a freshman in high school and attend a public school. I love reading, and riding horses, and hanging out with my dog, Willa!

I’m not good at asking questions…but I’ll try, haha.

Do you have any pets?

What is your favorite animal?

what genre do you write?

Lukas&Livia
                          #Lalbert
                          Sef&Chase
                          #HOTTOLINE
                          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

RAE
                          @rae
                            • Total Posts: 2996

Hi! I’m just an insane girl nicknamed Ruee. I love horses, and writing, and horses.

I am writing a sci-fi rn.

Okay, I am dead for questions so I’ll just ask one:

Have you ever had the same foot stepped on seven times by seven different horses?

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                            #theclonesdeservedbetter
                            #HugRikerSquad
                            #HugHans

hybridlore
                            @hybridlore
                              • Total Posts: 1354

@a-r-kuhn

Hi, nice to meet you, and happy New Year’s Eve! I’m hybridlore or Hybrid on here, also a homeschooler 😀 in 10th grade. I write YA science fiction, and I like to sing too!

Your WIP does sound cool! I would love to hear more about it if you share!

What is your dream profession? I read that you’re getting an English degree.. are you planning on teaching later?

Favorite books?

There is always light behind the clouds.
                              - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

hybridlore
                              @hybridlore
                                • Total Posts: 1354

@rae

Have you ever had the same foot stepped on seven times by seven different horses?

XD Are you just going to ask until someone answers yes? 😅

There is always light behind the clouds.
                                - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

RAE
                                @rae
                                  • Total Posts: 2996

@hybridlore

XD Are you just going to ask until someone answers yes? 😅

Yes…then we’re gonna talk horsies!

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                                  #theclonesdeservedbetter
                                  #HugRikerSquad
                                  #HugHans

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >