-
Rylie Goodwin and
R.M. Archer are now friends 4 years, 2 months ago
-
Rylie Goodwin replied to the topic Hello fellow authors *waves* in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 2 months ago
*attempts to tag* i have no clue how that works. lol But thank you!!! I seriously feel so welcome now just meeting you! lol Ohh, I forgot to say I’m a southerner too! Tho sweet tea and chick-fil-a are overrated *hides* Yeah, i’m not a normal southerner. lol Fav marvel character? Mine’s either Loki or Cap. And I will probably…[Read more]
-
Rylie Goodwin's profile was updated 4 years, 2 months ago
-
Rylie Goodwin replied to the topic *waves* in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 2 months ago
Hey! I just joined too, so welcome and nice to meet ya!!! (totally didn’t just quote a Niall Horan song… *lies*) XD What’s your current WIP about? Favorite time period? Favorite authors? Hehe
-
Rylie Goodwin started the topic Hello fellow authors *waves* in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys! I’m Rylie and I’m really excited to be joining! I’m a Christian (as of *thinks* the 17th of July. This year in case your confused. Yes, I’m a baby Christian lol) who started writing in April so I’m kinda new to this. I’ve written a few short stories (mainly in the fantasy genre and then I realized worldbuilding is hard so I gotta keep…[Read more]
-
Rylie Goodwin changed their profile picture 4 years, 2 months ago
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 2 months ago
We’ll, I didn’t get time, but I should today. My sisters and I are working a concessions stand at a children’s church camp. We have several hours when the stand closes in the afternoon to ourselves, so I should be able to get on. If somebody else can before that, please go ahead!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 2 months ago
I’ll go this evening if no one else does and I get time.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 4 years, 2 months ago
OK, so I know this is a touch belated, but here I am…
I love those collages, and Rima sounds ADORABLE! I also love that it’s about Afghanistan and is about a soldier helping an abandoned child like that. (Like, Mt heart is strung) It’s soooo sweet!
Now, do you mind if I ask a few questions? Honestly, all your WIPs are…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 4 years, 2 months ago
Afghanistan in the War on Terror?
I have an Uncle who fought over there.
If you want more study material, I recommend American Heroes, the book I mentioned earlier. (In fact, if at all possible you NEED to read that book. It details the war from a first hand, yet not graphic, point of view, as Colonel Oliver North worked right…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Another SCENE!!!! Any thoughts y'all? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 2 months ago
Don’t worry about becoming annoying, I for one, like reading other people’s stuff. 🙂 This was a good one!
As for the questions, here are my thoughts:
- Yes. His guilt is very obviously portrayed. I would mention though, that in his conversation, it gets a wee bit repetitive. That may be on purpose, because it is probably going…
-
Koshka and
Pen_for_Christ205 are now friends 4 years, 2 months ago -
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Hey, Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 2 months ago
*Slips out from behind a gnarled oak*
You like Chuck Black too?!
*Remembers my manners*
Oh, pardon me.
Greetings, and welcome to the kingdom! I’m called Elishavet around here, and I mostly write medieval fantasy, poetry, and children’s church material. My two current WIPs are both medieval fantasy, although one is an…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 4 years, 2 months ago
I understand! All my early writing was Historical fiction. Then I found historical fantasy. Already being a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my writing, it’s a relief not to be constantly worried about accuracy.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 4 years, 2 months ago
So am I! XD I’m just now learning her back story.
The funny thing is all myÂ
awfulyounger writing had female MCs. All of it. Then a few years ago I picked back up writing, and POOF! Nearly all male. -
Koshka replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 4 years, 2 months ago
So! Here is my other MC for Seas of Fury. She’s one of those characters I am still figuring out, so here is her first collage. She’s also randomly the only female character that made it to MC stage.

-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Really struggling with opening chapters… in the forum Plotting 4 years, 2 months ago
I know, right? I’ll be doing the same. 😉
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Really struggling with opening chapters… in the forum Plotting 4 years, 2 months ago
First of all, considering that you’re in the third draft, you have made a lot of progress with this WIP. And you like the opening, so that’s a good thing.
YES, I haven’t liked ANY of the opening chapters I’ve written. AT ALL. Mostly because they didn’t convey the feel for the story, characters, or world correctly. If it got one…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Really struggling with opening chapters… in the forum Plotting 4 years, 2 months ago
I can write and edit later parts of the book, bit first chapters? Ugh. I’ve completely scrapped them…I have no idea how many times.
So someone, PLEASE have good advice!! I’ll be haunting this topic…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hey, Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 2 months ago
Ah, makes sense. What I love about writing in a medieval-fantasy world is being able to use all the random historical facts I collect, and yet not have to worry about being completely accurate. (I’m a bit of a history nerd)
*Squeals*
You like Chuck Black?! He’s one of my favorite authors! Which of his books/series have you…[Read more]
- Load More
