@stephie
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 348
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
And it being an unconventional one is the best 😜
Exactly! 🤪 Thx for responding to my little ramble 😚
Honestly prob gonna take a short break from editing bc as much as I love them, I need a break from Leon and Riker XD
and idk it’s a little more difficult when editing, bc I’m reading over things I’ve already written and rewri…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Making something unique yet consistent is really important to me. But so hard to pull off XD
I like having two different ones to rotate between, it keeps me from getting bored lol. Thanks! I’m glad you’re interested in it. Honestly for so long ATOH was like my special project but now I’m not sure which one means more to me.…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
I agree with you about Harry Potter. Another thing is that the characters weren’t exactly learning magic. They were learning how to use their abilities. Magic is genetic, not a way to get into the occult or a fantasy equivalent.
Probably have him explain the difference between these and other books with magic, t…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
To be clear, I’m not attacking Keilah, I’m just generally defending the use of magic in these generally avoided series.
-
whaley replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
A fantasy book telling the reader not to read fantasy books would be hypocritical.
I think a lot of this can be simplified through common sense. Were these books meant to be imitated? Were they portraying real sorcery positively, or just using for an obviously fantastical story? If Alan (or even better, his parents, since he was young and easily…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Thank you!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper @keilah-h @theshadow @esther-c @freed_and_redeemed @grcr
I might add someone else later, but for now I’m just doing one.
Ayla (I haven’t given her a last name yet)
Age:Â 15
Species: Human
Appearance: Ayla is 5′ 7”, with pale skin, thick wavy dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and high cheekbones. She is slender, and typically…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, thanks!! I hope it stands up to my claims when I write it! 😝
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Really?? That’s so cool! I can’t imagine how that must feel.
It’s a weird feeling, but it’s not distracting me from the rest of the project. I know a lot of people have their ending planned out, but get over-obsessed and never plan how to get there XDXD But this ending literally depends on how the rest of the story plays o…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@loopylin @mineralizedwritings @savannah_grace2009 @rae @freed_and_redeemed @anyone
I am so happy right now guys 👀 I found the perfect ending to my project. Like, I just can’t right now. And I won’t say what it is because the joy is in the foreshadowed surprise, but aagh – and it came from my plot board!! All I had to do was look at what was s…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
How do you guys want to start this? Maybe the new characters want to secure their own areas in the castle? I’m not sure what kind of conflicts have popped up before this. XD
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
You know what? Fine, here goes nothing XD I need a distraction from senioritis.
Commissioner Barnes (Only gives her first name to friends)
Age: 35
Species/ethnicity: Staunchly human; from an isolated city in an alternative sci-fi Earth. If she was from normal Earth, she would be German. (I did not pick her because of this, I promise…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I agree with Whaley…I need to step away too.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I guess Natalie’s not good at stabbing?😂 And since he’s a real person, my mom wouldn’t let me kill him.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Here’s a scene from the end of Chapter 1:
The ducks flew off to meet the rebellion. First they dropped glitter bombs, before flying down. The rebels fled at the onslaught of glitter, all except for The Dope, who attacked Natalie. However, she was ready for him. She flew just out of his reach, darting down and stabbing…
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
I’ve been very busy the past few weeks. Sorry it took me so long to show up here. *hands you spinach ice cream* Anyway, I started your story, and I’m really enjoying it!
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
You’re good, it’s just preference 🙂
I’m an Outliner as far as what I want the story to look like, the conflict, the rough points, etc. Some stuff comes while writing. So, a confident 7/10ths of an Outliner. XD
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
I think it’s a good idea if I step away from critiquing LTBL. We probably don’t have the same preferences in writing, and I won’t be able to help you if I’m not on the same plane of thought 😅 Good luck with this draft!
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
You know you’re a writer when you hear a particularly beautiful line in a song and think about it for hours.
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Y’all, I feel mean critiquing 😅😕 I should post a short story so you two (Ellette, Sara) can rip me to shreds.
I’m completely serious. I just need to think of a good short story prompt. *Searches online*
- Load More
