@starshiness
Active 2 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 174
-
Esther started the topic No Boring Scenes?? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @thearcaneaxiom @princesachronicle22 @sarafini @keilah-h @loopylin @felicity @elishavet-pidyon @gwyndalf-the-wise @mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper
Ok… So I’ve heard that you aren’t supposed to put in your book what you were bored writing.
I don’t think this is exactly true… For example, I just finished writing a…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The news is out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
I do actually have a question.
So, I understand that people can join the groups to become one of the people who critique others’ work, but how do you become the one who gets their work critiqued? Do you have to be published on KP to get critiqued?
-
Esther replied to the topic Something on the KP Trinity is a bit messed up… in the forum Questions and Support 3 years, 7 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic My Book needs some help 😀 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
Awesome!! 😀
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Oooo I really like that scene! =D
Thank ya!!! 🥰
However I don’t have any feedback/suggestions for you right now, sorry.You’re good!! 🙂
-
Allison replied to the topic My Book needs some help 😀 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
@esther-c @mineralizedwritings
Thank you! Ill make that change and keep working on this one!
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Yeah, I’ve considered a few options like that, but my main problem is, that this has already happened in the book. Simply a side characters view point of the scenario. She is assumed to be in leauge with the villains, but this is how I’m showing that she wasn’t at all.
So it was hard for me to state it as a full flash…
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Cool! You can be vague if you want. I am curious, but for the sake spoilers, I can be patient.
Alright! 👍
I’m really bad at that, when I’m asked about something about my worldbuilding, even though it would be a spoiler, I just kinda dump it all out. I need to work on being more vague.
Lol XD
Yeah. My siblings don’t like it when…[Read more]
-
KattheWriter replied to the topic Finding You Critique (Will be continued Updates!) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
Sorry I fell off the face of the earth, really busy with writing later chapters of this and working with the new KP stuff launching, and starting a new biz.
Anyway, thank you for your sweet words and encouragement, and when I get home on my computer I’ll add 3 more chapters!
Sorry for the long wait, I’ll try to update tw…[Read more]
-
KattheWriter replied to the topic Something on the KP Trinity is a bit messed up… in the forum Questions and Support 3 years, 7 months ago
@esther are you doing it on a phone? It might not work the same. But we will be working on it, I’ll let Kathleen know asap (I’m on staff too)
Thanks for letting us know!
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Ok, yeah that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying! I would love to hear more, because you make it sound man made to a extent, but it’s also clearly a magical or beyond technological structure, so I want to understand the lore you got going now.
That’s a really good question… because I’m still figuring some things out. XD
I know wh…[Read more]
-
Esther started the topic Worldbuilding Topic Suggestion! in the forum Questions and Support 3 years, 7 months ago
I’ve noticed that there are lots of writers on here who worldbuild. We’ve discussed worldbuilding things a lot, but it’s always been under “General Writing Discussions.” I think it would be helpful if we had a topic for worldbuilding. 🙂
Let’s see here… KP’s world builders…
@thearcaneaxiom @princesachronicle22 @godlyfantasy12 [Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic (Fictional) Religions in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Great idea!!
I really need to worldbuild for Aletheia more. 🤦🏻♀️ This will help me finally get to the religions. I have a feeling they’ll be pretty close to real-world religions, since their world is very similar to ours, but I’m not sure yet. 🤔
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Have you RPed next for Will/the brothers, or did I miss it?
(I think my last RP is on pg. 348)
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Anwyn cringed, knowing that it was the sound of the strange foot coverings these savages chose to wear.
*gasp* Oh my word, is she talking about shoes?? That’s awesome!! XD I felt confused like she was at our human world, but in a good way. I could really see the world through her eyes, so great job!! 😄
As for the t…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic My Book needs some help 😀 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
I really like it!! I get a feel for the characters even more than the other way you had it. (For me, getting a feel for the characters is really important. 🙂 ) I loved the description!! 😄 Great job!!
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
I think the first one is pretty good, but I think they all need to be more parallel. (This is something I’ve struggled with in naming the books in my trilogy) It always depends on the series in how your naming them. For example, the titles from WFS are exactly parallel. On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness, North! Or Be Ea…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Aww I love the sunrise part! And sweet Ami…and Ev!!
Yes, I love those two!! 🥰
These two paragraphs were my favorites. You did them so amazingly well! I love how she’s realizing that God created it, and thanking him for it with her joy. ❤❤❤
Thank you so much!!! 😊❤️
I love how Ami views nature like that. (I have another cha…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
I love that!!! I could really see the sunrise in my head, and it was sooo good!!! AMAZING job, girl!!! 💖💖💖💖
Thank you so much!!! 😄😊🥰❤️
That means a lot!! ❤️
How well simulated is the Orb’s sunrise? Would it look cartoonishly fake? Like a yellow spot going up and down, or does the Orb make it look far more like t…
- Load More
