@starshiness
Active 2 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 174
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 All Marvel? That’s a lot! Although I do have literally fifteen Star Wars dragon fanfics…
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for all the great advice! 😄
For your first point, that makes a lot of sense, and I’ll look into it.
Second, yes, there are earth-like creatures in my world, but I think I’m going to add twists to some of them (not quite sure what that means yet lol). Rina, though she can’t remember the name, used to live in a town called…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
Thank you so much! The chapter was really fun to write! 😄
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
It’s so nice to meet you!
I know I have some WIPs I want to go back to… They’re buried around here somewhere! 😅
Alright, now for your questions!
1. Any other country… Good question! I’m going to have to go with Israel, I think? Because I would get to see some of the places where Jesus walked!
2. My favorite part of nature would…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Ahh, I have not!!! 😭😮😔 So sorry about that!!! Will/Ev were going to find a frozen dragon or something…right??? 😅
Naw, you’re good. 😊
Sure! Lol XD Whatever you want do. 😁
@godlyfantasy12 @loopylin @lightoverdarkness6 @princesachronicle22 @thearcaneaxiom @elishavet-pidyon @anyone-else-I-missed
Is there any group for Destry, Fyn…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic No Boring Scenes?? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 7 months ago
@esther-c If you’re bored writing a story, that doesn’t mean it’s a bad chapter. It might mean you’re getting tired of the project and need to work on another one for a little until you get new ideas! Or, if you think a scene is getting boring or useless for your charries/readers, insert some foreshadowing for what’ll come later.
Like let’s say…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 Doing good! How’s that long fanfic going?
Mine’s at a standstill–but that’s because I’m needing some crucial information that hasn’t been revealed yet.
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Hello and welcome, @kyronthearcanin!!
(Somehow I missed it when @thearcaneaxiom tagged me. : )
Anywho…
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, God-loving, homeschooled, amateur writer!!
My WIP is ya dystopian, but I have tons of ideas for stories in other genres!
Fantasy sounds really awesome!! I tried fantasy a whi…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@freedomwriter76 That was really cute! I honestly love seeing charries as kids.
-
Esther replied to the topic Hey, Writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen, @light-warrior-pen!! (Hey, it rhymed. 😂)
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, God-loving, homeschooled, amateur writer!!
I love incorporating crime, humor, and romance in my writing. I also love showing Christ in my writing in unique ways, but I need a lot of work in that area!
I would t…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Ok!
Here are two ideas, mostly based off of the idea that they live in caves. They’re also not as finished as I could’ve made them so that you can add more that befits your story, like their culture and stuff:
- They’re a lizard-like, reptilian race, but not so much to the point of looking snake-like and evil. They have tails,…
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
LOVE IT!!!
The boys as, well… boys, lol, was so adorable to read!!
I love writing my charries as little kids!! 🥰
-
Esther replied to the topic No Boring Scenes?? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 7 months ago
I see what you mean. That’s a really good point.
For my situation specifically, I may have to change the chapter a bit. It is in my second draft and never existed in the first draft. In the first draft, they learn this information over time, but it’s unnatural. In the second draft, they learn a little bit at once, but it see…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hey, Writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Nice to meet you! Romance is not a skill of mine, I’ve got to admit, but your genres sound amazing! (I am a fantasy/sci-fi person myself, so those sound interesting!)
Here’s my question: Who are your favorite characters that you’ve written?
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
No problem! 🙂
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
Also, on a side note, the Serpenree in the black cloaks actually drank from a special lake on Arcania. The planet itself is magical, not just the Arcanin. The lake gave them limited powers, though they and Dragor won’t admit that he sent them to get it. The lie that it came from the Celestial Phoenix is just a cover up.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
Rina discovers her power when she heals a Falcor on the planet Aavian. She is only able to stop the pain at first, and thinks he might never fly again, but by morning he is magically healed. That’s when she kind of starts to realize it, anyway. She’s actually unable to heal herself for the most part, and if she does, it has to be…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
I will admit, I probably don’t have enough figured out for a kind of sample, though I will be continuing work on it. I’ll post a sample once I have enough words figured out lol.
When the book starts, the language is a fairly new thing, which is why it has been able to stay a secret. It would be rough to decrypt because the…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
Also just caught that I forgot to capitalize Serpenree at one point. Whoops lol
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) started the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 7 months ago
For anyone who’s interested, here’s chapter 1 of my WIP, Healer. It’s sort of long lol
I’ll tag some people just in case you want to read it: @freedomwriter76 @gwyndalf-the-wise @thearcaneaxiom @artsy-dragon @mineralizedwritings
Sorry if I forgot to tag anyone who was interested! I’m fairly sure I got most of you 😅
Chapter 1
I can still…[Read more]
- Load More
