@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 10 months ago
-
Greta's profile was updated 10 years, 10 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I’ll do that. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Well who says you can’t be a medieval belt and cloak person and an elf hat and poncho person at the same time, @writefury?
I am.
What kind of hats do elves wear, anyway? 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Okay, yes, you did say that— sorry. My bad. It sounded like you were saying you would be posting excerpts from your work on your site, and would be glad if other people would do that with their own work on their own sites. But I read it wrong.
I have a cold.
What? That’s not a fit excuse? 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Welcome, Joy! I’ve only been on KP for a short time, but from what I’ve seen so far there’s an awesome community of Christian teen writers here. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
As I’ve told my sister, I’ve not come to a final decision about the cloak…I’ll talk to Mom about it first. But it’s as much fun to scandalize Joy about things I’d like to do as it is to actually do them. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Aw come on you guys… have a heart. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, looks like you have some great storylines going there @joy-schmidt!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
With your story, did you mean, @Daeus? Or are you tired of all the excerpts posted on this forum? 😛
Your story doesn’t sound bad at all, Joy. One thing I noticed right off is that you seem to have only two or three MC’s— and that’s good. I really admire that… because I seem physically unable to do a story with less than five or six. 😛
Was…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
@Joy-Schimdt— I would trust Hope. She has my vote of confidence. That’s the nice thing about having another writer in your family— you can always ask each other for advice, whether you do it across the room or computer to computer. 😛
@Daeus— your book sounds fascinating. I’ll beta read it for you— really I will. I owe you one, after all.…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Except…I really liked that book. Well, as much as I knew of it anyway. 🙁 Write another story using the same theme and characters.
And why am I writing this to you when you’re sitting across from me talking to me and distracting me from writing this to you?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Of course publishing for free counts. That’s what I’ve been doing here. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Finishing Your Work in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Is it a crime? Certainly not! If you can’t find anything at all worth pursuing in it, just let it go. But you need to be certain there’s really nothing of worth in it— don’t just determine that by how you feel about it right now. Here’s a really good article that may help with this— Awesome Writing Article
Sometimes it’s better to let one…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy's profile was updated 10 years, 10 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Short Story beginning-critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 10 months ago
Well, I like this. Overall it’s very good. 😀
Daeus got most of it, but I just wanted say I was a little confused about when Connor starts talking to Mal. First we see Connor talking to the guide, and are taken back to when Connor had been listening to the boring receptionist. Then we have
That last one perked up my ears and I’d glanced over a…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
Hello, Joy. Welcome regardless of how often you write, or whether or not you understand just exactly how crazy real writers can be. 😛
If you hang around this site long enough, *cue evil laugh* you will begin to find yourself understanding more and more… falling deeper and deeper into the pit… becoming a real writer yourself, even! Horrors!…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
How about ‘I am just weird and so I want to wear the cloak to see everyone’s reactions?’
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
That depends on the definition of writer. You only write as a hobby every month or so instead of sticking with something and doing it. And I want to read your stories. 🙁 Also, you don’t understand my writer excuses for things. Like me wanting to wear my homemade cloak to the finals of our theology class. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 10 months ago
That depends on the definition of writer. You only write as a hobby every month or so instead of sticking with something and doing it. And I want to read your stories. :'( Also, you don’t understand my writer excuses for things. Like me wanting to wear my homemade cloak to the finals of our theology class. 😉
- Load More
