Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Joy Schmidt
    @joy-schmidt
      • Total Posts: 37

Hi everyone! My sister Hope Schmidt has been going on and on about how great this site is, so I’ve finally joined! I do a little writing, but I’m not a “real” writer, according to my sister. She thinks I don’t write enough to qualify.

Hope Ann
      @hope
        • Total Posts: 1092

That depends on the definition of writer. You only write as a hobby every month or so instead of sticking with something and doing it. And I want to read your stories. 🙁 Also, you don’t understand my writer excuses for things. Like me wanting to wear my homemade cloak to the finals of our theology class. 😉

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Hope Ann.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Joy Schmidt
        @joy-schmidt

Hey, many great writers weren’t as scheduled as you…also, the cloak is just…no. I understand evaluating pain so you know how to write about it; I do that. But wanting to wear the cloak to finals is just a silly idea that you’re determined to pull off under the “writing” excuse. I know you, and I think you just want to do it and being a write gives you an excuse.

Hope Ann
          @hope

How about ‘I am just weird and so I want to wear the cloak to see everyone’s reactions?’

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

Hello, Joy. Welcome regardless of how often you write, or whether or not you understand just exactly how crazy real writers can be. 😛

If you hang around this site long enough, *cue evil laugh* you will begin to find yourself understanding more and more… falling deeper and deeper into the pit… becoming a real writer yourself, even! Horrors!

But welcome just the same. 🙂

Rosey Mucklestone
              @writefury
                • Total Posts: 467

*throws confetti* Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Joy! Always nice to see a new face! 🙂

Daeus
                @daeus
                  • Total Posts: 4238

Welcome Joy. It’s nice to see another person who’s not a real writer. All I do is throw a bunch of stuff up on a page and then ask my mom to make sense of it.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Joy Schmidt
                  @joy-schmidt

Thanks! Yes, I know writers are crazy…how about I’m just slightly embarrassed at the thought of my 21 year old sister showing up in a blue flannel cloak?

Joy Schmidt
                    @joy-schmidt

Thank you! I’m not sure how often I’ll be on but I’ll try to pretty active!

Joy Schmidt
                      @joy-schmidt

Haha, thanks! My sister tells me that you’re quite the comedian. 🙂

Daeus
                        @daeus
                          • Total Posts: 4238

Comedian! I’ve always wanted to be a comedian. I’m going to go write that on my wall.

That’s what writers are supposed to do, write?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Joy Schmidt
                          @joy-schmidt

I don’t know…I’ve actually written three books, and I do write occasionally, I just rarely talk about it so everyone assumes I’m never writing. It’s kind of irritating, when you consider I’ve published a few articles. I published them for free, though, so maybe that doesn’t count.

Hope Ann
                            @hope

Of course publishing for free counts. That’s what I’ve been doing here. 😉

Rosey Mucklestone
                              @writefury
                                • Total Posts: 467

Wow, 3 books! I’d say that’s probably enough to qualify…

Ivy Rose
                                @ivy-rose
                                  • Total Posts: 102

Welcome, Joy! Glad to have you. I didn’t know you did any writing at all. @Hope never told me (naughty her). 😉 Three books…that’s awesome!

If Hope were my sister, I too might be slightly…hesitant…to let her wear a cloak out of the house. But then again, my ten year old brother has a cloak that he wears everywhere…

I love your profile picture! 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Ivy Rose.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >