-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
@everyone
I don’t think Ontological arguments have been talked about on here at all yet, would that interest anyone?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey Kathleen! Did you ever want to pick the conversation back up? I did say a bit much, didn’t I😅
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, Invested Art is basically the in-universe term for magic system. I haven’t read LM either. I think Harmony was talking about having a difficult time acting due to the conflicting intents in the other WaW books.
That’s true. He did make a point that in character, he favors preservation, but in nature, he must yield to balance.
Oh w…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Ello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
I try for hard worldbuilding.
Cool, me too!
Well it’s based around a battle in a land called Extroit… it’s supposed to be intense… but I don’t know.
Sounds interesting! You’ve come to the right place to develop it if your not fully sold on it’s current draft.
You know, I don’t really have one that’s a hard one, I like everyone and…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh, also, is it the orb in Secret History? If not, could you at least mention where it’s found?
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Does invested art mean any of the local magic systems? Like Allomancy? I didn’t realize that Harmony was having trouble, is that in Lost Metal? Yeah, the scale and importance of Roshar would lead me to think it likely.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
The tablet. The tablet tells the bomb that that person is not the target. It will then search for the closest thing. If there is nothing too near, it will specifically search for large amounts of metal like Mithaln. It will then, with fingers like lightning, cover it’s victim’s body. For a Realn, it means extreme pain, and almost total…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Destruction tends to be a bit…messy, but you probably could get it precise enough to do that. These powers are going to be just being discovered in the story this is for, so I will get to explore the technological effects of them. I think these are going to give you nearly perfect technology in a lot of areas.
Yeah, that makes sense.
More l…
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nahim gave Fennin a Terror Bomb. If that thing goes off, it will kill anyone who wears no Mithaln or Mithlon, and to Nahim or Nora, it will temporarily paralyze.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
To be honest, my heart sunk when you said that.
Fennin
The stone pulsed in perfect sync with his heartbeat.
“Silva, Silva,” He whispered for no reason at all. His muscles relaxed, his breathing deepened. It was safe, safe in his arms.
A shadow crossed in front of the moon. A great beast swooped down, his wings creating a wind of their…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Ello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to KP!
I’m the Arcane Axiom. I like math, searching for divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and currently am working on a universe with my sister we call the Septrum.
Questions:
Do you lean towards hard or soft worldbuilding? (hard meaning more concrete rules for the reader to u…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
you aren’t offended that I don’t like root beer floats. Most everyone I know loves them, except me 😂
I’ve never had one,so I’m not offended. XD
I love your character’s name, it’s so unique! I’m one of those people who searches up “340 unique baby names” on the internet so I can build up my character name library and probably use…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to KP!
I’m the Arcane Axiom. I like math, searching for divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and currently am working on a universe with my sister we call the Septrum.
Questions:
If your more into the romance, do you find yourself more interested in the classic tropes,…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
It does make a lot of sense. I just wonder what the Dawnshards are in relation to the shards in terms of what they can do in the first place. The shards are wells of investiture, whereas the Dawnshards are only spoken of as “commands” as you’ve said, and the sleepless seemed terrified of the prospect of them getting out into the world, so…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Ello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Halo is a sci-fi Xbox game that is just pure awesomeness!
Okay…
You know I’ve probably stubbed every toe on every foot there is!
Well, that works I guess.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Just looking at Fusion, destruction, amplification, and dynamism, I feel like there’s much potential interaction. I think there’s a whole lot of interesting you could do mechanically. Using destruction to precisely carve any kind of shape out of any kind of substance is nice, and that in tandem with pure fusion, connecting objects at a…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Do you want to rp the dragon, or do you want me too?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Ello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
(I kinda like jello hehehe)
Yeah, I mean, I’d probably like it too if it didn’t make me feel like I’m going to throw up. I have a lot of allergies, and a lot of things make my throat slightly swell, and my a omach get upset.
I’m working on my own book about several warrior teams or something like that, and a Halo fan fiction!
Oh cool! I…[Read more]
-
Ruth posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
Snow! C’mon! We’ve had no good snow!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
The dragons see Fennin, attack him, Ellis and Nahim and whoever else defend Fennin. Simple!
- Load More
