@smiley
Active 1 year, 7 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2243
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Definitely! I’m a lot better at books where I’ve written the character for a long time, so with these new characters it was somewhat difficult- especially with at least three POVs.
-
Esther replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
At least you’re aware of it. That’s good. 🙂
It does get easier to write with unique voice though as you keep writing because you get to know your characters more. 😀
-
Esther replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Y’all gotta read this. XD
This is half of chapter one and all of chapter two from one of the first book I tried to write when I was 8 or 9. (Basically the first part of the chapter was where a 10 year-old girl named Zoey was outside and she got sucked into this tornado thing. XD) (Oh, and I’m leaving all the spelling, grammar, and positioning to…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Oh my word, I love that! XD I love reading old writing compared to recent writing. Lol
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah I noticed that lol. Especially Amara and Kirah I feel like are really similar. I think Tali seems similar at first, but she branches off pretty quickly.
-
Esther replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Ok… 😏😁
(Oh, and I added something to my post up there. I don’t know if you missed it.)
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, Brycen’s gonna be pretty cool. Oh man, if I say anything else it will be a massive spoiler, so I’ll just keep my mouth shut XD
-
Esther replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Ok, so I love the young thief trope. 😂 (When it’s done right of course 😉 ) So I think Brycen might end up being one of my favorites. 😁
Yeah, I figured I’d have to move some stuff around once the drafting was done. But hey, I’ll just surprise myself and magically have double the chapters that way XD
Right? XD
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, Nia probably won’t be huge to the whole story, so that’s good.
I know the young thief is common, but I guess I just wanted to try it out for myself, and just see where it went. As far as I’ve planned out (which is very, very little), he doesn’t stay a thief for long, but it kinda follows him in the long run, if that makes sense.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, I haven’t exactly mapped out what the underground actually looks like, so I’ll have to figure that out at some point. I guess I figured that since it was from Amara’s perspective, I would have it to where Kirah knew Keith pretty well, and trusted him, at least for the most part. But yeah, I definitely need to look at that more,…[Read more]
-
Euodia replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 6 months ago

And this is Lena! I despise her eyes, they’re just very creepy and look like they’re starring into the depths of your soul.
-
Euodia replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 6 months ago
@everyone
I finished my friend’s other two characters.

So this is Finn! He was my favorite of the three, probably because I didn’t do his face. XD
-
Light replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Oh I love that!! Such a cute story! I want to know the next part!! 😀
And that last section…
What is an Elder? They are older than Ancient Ones, but not as ancient as the Old One.
XDXDXD That’s awesome. And I bet it made perfect sense to you back then, and now you’re just like “Oh my gosh. What in the world was I thinking?!”
XDXD
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Okay! It’s good with me! 😀
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle 2.0 in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Okay! Sounds good 😊
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah lol. The downside with pantsing is that, while you can get to some insane page counts, there will be some kind of plothole, or absolutely no ending/arcs at all… I’ve done that a lot. 🤣
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
Aww, thanks! I’ll probably post another soon. 🙂
While most of my WIPs end up getting put to the side at least for a little while, this one can’t really do that, because I’m part of a writing group. Basically I have to get a chapter done at least every two weeks, and that’s pushing it. It helps cause they can catch things like small…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Character Castle 2.0 in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Hey girl! So since Freedom won’t be on for a while, do you want to go ahead and RP? We could probably put in a few more characters if we need to, and then take them back out when Freedom gets back? Idk, just thinking out loud here. Or we could just take a break from this RP for a bit until she gets back?
What do u think?
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Chapter 1 of The Dragonsbane Society in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
@esther-c @janellebelovedpig @keilah-h @thearcaneaxiom @mineralizedwritings @acancello @all those I’ve forgotten lol
Here’s Brycen’s first POV for Chapter 3:
Brycen ducked under a tent flap, moving swiftly and silently. A black cloak followed behind him, the hood up to hide his face. In his hand was a necklace- expensive, with some kind of…[Read more]
-
Allison posted an update 3 years, 6 months ago
@esther-c @kyronthearcanin @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @euodia-vision @mineralizedwritings @landric @booksbyjayna @landric
Thank you all for the prayers! The move has been going great! We leave in 5 days! Saying goodbye to everyone has been hard, but better because I know I will see them again. I just wanted to let you all know that I will be on…[Read more] - Load More

You’re so welcome!! Aw, that’s great!! Okay sister! I’ll continue to pray for you and your family. No worries girl! I probably won’t be on much this week either. Talk to you then! ❤
I’m glad it’s going well! I hope you have a blessed week!
You’re so welcome!! I’m so glad everything’s going well for y’all! 😀 I’ll continue to keep you in my prayers! ❤️
Praying hard for you!! I know this is difficult, but you know the Author of your story. Keep us updated! ❤️