-
Ingrid replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira LOL
I visited England two summers ago and it was so funny because we met a British family and their youngest child liked imitating American accents! It’s so weird to think we have accents too!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I am indeed. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic WANTED: Alpha Readers!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking *many thumbs up* Thank you!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Baby's First Story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
These are all so funny!!
So… I dug up one of my own stories. This little masterpiece came about because a five-year-old was a little too crazy about cats. *rubs hand together* Guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat and not be boring at all.
Once there was a family of cats. One snowy winter night their mother invited her kittens in to…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, I am not worrying at all. That sounds just about like how we Americans make fun of Australia. 😛
But how could you make fun of our accents when its yours that are so funny? ;D
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice I see what you’re thinking. I just love music so much that it’s clouding my thinking so I can’t understand why you’re thinking it. 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
My problem with The Sound of Music is that I don’t really like musical movies (Les Mis being the exception). I don’t know why, I just feel the songs distract from the plot and make its seriousness feel trivial, since the songs don’t really have anything to do with the plot.
I just felt the need to pop in and defend myself 😛
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic I Need Help with My American Character in the forum Characters 8 years, 4 months ago
Everything 🙂 we make fun of your accents and politicians and weird things like ranches.
But I wouldn’t worry because we make fun of all those things (except the ranches) for every country, including our own.
I just made an account on Story Embers but I haven’t introduced myself yet.
@ingridrd just out of curiosity, are you…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic WANTED: Alpha Readers!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
@ingridrd *falls in through the ceiling* *picks self up with dignity and brushes off cape*. K, so I just wanted to let you know I’m reading it, even if I’m not done yet. 😛
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
okay, I’m signing off.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, you writing?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, Well, it just so happens that I have a character interview thingy I do, so all I have to come up with is the answers. Pretty simple.
dang, it must be late for you.
see you later. I won’t be on tomorrow either, it’s my youngest sister’s birthday. Night
-
Alia posted an update 8 years, 4 months ago
AHEM! I HAVE REACHED CHAPTER 6 IN DECISIONS
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, naughty books for causing us so much trouble.
Well, one was an apology post for not posting in almost a month and the other one was the actual post.
and the other ones were just short introductions
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, for me, all of the songs are right up there, but those two are just barely higher on the scale.
My writing…is going to drive me insane. I meant to write 3 chapters this week, but didn’t get to write at all until today. But I did write two blog posts and start three more, so I haven’t been completely hopeless in my writing. How…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, Yes, yes we do
Well, my favorite is actually instrumental because I love the scene. It’s the barn raising scene. But I guess my favorite lyrical one is either Spring, Spring, Spring or the Lament. What about you?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine agh sorry I have to go. looks like I just missed ya @alia 🙁
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17, YOU’VE NEVER SEEN SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS???
I shall be off and on for probably the next hour or two
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #16 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah I didn’t like Annie Get Your Gun either. and WHAT SHE DOESN’T LIKE THE SOUND OF MUSIC SONGS?! I love those so much.
Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll check those out 😉
I have to step away for a few, but I’ll be back. 😀
- Load More

Congratulations!!! But…I’m terribly sorry; I didn’t know that was a particular milestone? Did I miss something? 🙂
Or are you just excited because you got a lot done?
Just really excited. I have been stuck on chapter 5 for quite a while. And, hopefully, I am just a few chapters away from being halfway
Well then, congratulations again! I often forget to separate chapters while I write, but I do the same thing with word counts and scenes. So, hooray! I’m glad you are excited. Without excitement it’s really hard to write anything… 😉 (Who’s speaking from experience? Me? Nah…um…yeah… 😛 )
Of course you aren’t 🙂
@alia Awesomeness! We have to celebrate all our accomplishments 😉