I Need Help with My American Character

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters I Need Help with My American Character

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Ariel Ashira
    @ariel-ashira
      • Total Posts: 739

@seekjustice Oh, boy.  Rochellaine had some good thoughts.  And our language and cultures definatley differ from state to state.  But its a good idea to let us read it, if you are comfortable doing that.

😀 What do you guys say to make fun of us?

And BTW, are you or @rochellaine on the Story Embers forum?

"In a mask, was he?"

Ingrid
      @ingridrd
        • Total Posts: 830

@seekjustice  I also live in Ohio, so if you have any questions having to do with the best—er, our state, please tag me!  😉

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

SeekJustice
        @seekjustice
          • Total Posts: 3365

@ariel-ashira

Everything 🙂 we make fun of your accents and politicians and weird things like ranches.

But I wouldn’t worry because we make fun of all those things (except the ranches) for every country, including our own.

I just made an account on Story Embers but I haven’t introduced myself yet.

@ingridrd
          just out of curiosity, are you homeschooled  (like pretty much everyone else around here?) My character is homeschooled.

INFP Queen of the Kingdom commander of an army of origami cranes and a sabre from Babylon.

Ariel Ashira
          @ariel-ashira

@seekjustice Oh, I am not worrying at all.  That sounds just about like how we Americans make fun of Australia. 😛

But how could you make fun of our accents when its yours that are so funny?  ;D

"In a mask, was he?"

Ingrid
            @ingridrd

@seekjustice  I am indeed.  🙂

Ingrid
              @ingridrd

@ariel-ashira  LOL

I visited England two summers ago and it was so funny because we met a British family and their youngest child liked imitating American accents!  It’s so weird to think we have accents too!

Ariel Ashira
                @ariel-ashira

@ingridrd 😀 😀 oh, that is so funny!  Yeah, I dont think of myself having an accent, but I guess everyone has some sort of accent.

"In a mask, was he?"

Jenna Terese
                  @jenwriter17
                    • Total Posts: 2522

@rochellaine @seekjustice

I just watched an Andy Griffith show episode that reminded me of when Rochellaine told you that we say ‘big’ a lot here in America. 😉 I would post the link, but I couldn’t find it. 🙁 if you are able to find it, it’s season 1 episode 2 I believe. In the first scene as well. 😀

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
                    www.jennaterese.com

Rochellaine
                    @rochellaine
                      • Total Posts: 3322

@jenwriter17 I just watched the first bit of S01X02 and I don’t think it is the one you’re talking about.  That one is all about Barney trying out for a singing competition or something.  What was the plot of the one you saw?  If I know that I can probably find it.  Or do you know the title of the episode?

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Jenna Terese
                      @jenwriter17

@rochellaine Oh, sorry. The title of the episode was The Manhunt.

www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                        @jenwriter17

@ingridrd I just read your post that you said YOU WENT TO ENGLAND!!!! Oh. My. Goodness. I want to go soooo bad! *tries not to bombard you with questions*

*fails*

what was it like compared to America? how long was the flight? what did you do there? any advice for my family (we’d like to go next year 😀 )? did you end up watching any soccer there?

www.jennaterese.com

Ingrid
                          @ingridrd

@jenwriter17  OH!  I actually went to England and France while we were in Europe, and of the two, I liked England better.  I live in Ohio so we flew to D.C. and then took a 7 hour flight to London.

We stayed in a London flat for a few days to sight-see and also to visit my “sister” (who isn’t biological but is an orphan who we hosted a while back and whom we have flown over to the U.S. a number of times; she is around 23 now, I think).  Anyway, we saw the Tower Bridge (which is super pretty!) and the London Bridge (which is pretty much a plain old bridge lol).  I would encourage you to visit the Tower of London…that was really interesting.  Of course, we saw Big Ben and walked past Buckingham.  We also went through Windsor Castle, Westminster Abbey, and Shakespeare’s Globe theater.  Also, when you guys go, I would suggest going up the Thames on a boat tour.  That was amazing!

Okay, after London we went to the countryside of England, a place called the Cotswolds, Stow-on-the-Wold.  We stayed in a BEAUTIFUL stone townhouse called Bag End (so naturally we loved it because of the LOTR reference…XD).  This little town was so restful and had some great places for awesome walks.  Also, I just love all the little pubs you find everywhere in England…they are so charming!  And I can’t forget how awesome it was that I actually picked up a bit of a British accent while there.  *wiggles eyebrows*  (Sorry, I have a weird obsession with British accents…).

If you guys do end up going elsewhere in Europe, the French countryside is also breathtaking.  We stayed in the Loire Valley at a bed-and-breakfast and it was just…I can’t even express how much I loved it.  🙂

Hmm…we did not watch any soccer, although some little Welsh boys invited my brother to play “football” with them at a Sunday Roast we went to in London.  😉

Hope this helps some!  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Jenna Terese
                            @jenwriter17

@ingridrd Oh yes this helps a lot! I have some more ideas of places I can go with my family 🙂 thanks so much! I have an obsession with British accents too, most accents for that matter 😛

www.jennaterese.com

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            >