Baby's First Story

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Baby's First Story

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Jenna Terese
    @jenwriter17
      • Total Posts: 2522

Hi all! I just thought it might be fun to share our first story experiences. The joys, the fear……….and, frankly, the confusion. 😉

I wanted to share some pics of my very first stories😊

This folder is pretty beat up, which makes me feel old (I was eight then-nine years ago)

And there it is! My very FIRST story! I like how I specified that it was not a chapter book 😄

Looking through the little stapled together books reminds of how I’ve grown as a writer over the years. Some of the stories are pretty funny and ridiculous! I’m pretty sure in one of them this family of wolves row boated from America to Japan 😑

Id love to hear y’alls stories (and feel free to share pictures too, I’d love to see those!)

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
      www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

Whoops forgot to tag some people @dekreel @dragon-snapper @warrenluther04 @seekjustice @rochellaine @ingridrd @kaya-young @jane-maree

www.jennaterese.com

Kaya Young
        @kaya-young
          • Total Posts: 272

@jenwriter17   Aww… That’s so awesome! But I have a secret… *hides face in shame*

When I was younger, I hated writing. Not storytelling- I loved to dictate stories for my mom or grandma to write down, but I didn’t like to actually put my pencil against paper and write. Doing writing assignments was like pulling teeth!

So it was just like the year before l found out that I really liked to write. 🙂

*hopes no one will kick me out of Kingdom Pen*

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
          http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Jenna Terese
          @jenwriter17

@kaya-young wow, really? *decides not to tell King Daeus so you can stay in Kingdom Pen*

well, you came around in the end. you were shown the light 😉

www.jennaterese.com

Joy
            @dekreel
              • Total Posts: 2304

@jenwriter17  AAAAAAH! X’D

*scurries to old drawer to fish for some old stories…*

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Joy.

You can pronounce it however you want.

Kaya Young
              @kaya-young
                • Total Posts: 272

@jenwriter17   Yeah, please don’t tell King Daeus! I like it here! 😉

The Kingdom has been torn asunder...
                http://www.encircledbygrace.com/

Joy
                @dekreel

@jenwriter17  “Bees go to Space.” That sounds like a book I’d want to read XD

Okay, I’m going to share something I wrote, or rather drew, when I was seven

(I had to blot out my name. Cyber-safety, ya know…)

title

Rochellaine
                  @rochellaine
                    • Total Posts: 3322

@jenwriter17 Oh, this is funny. 😀  I would love to read about a family of wolves rowboating from America to Japan!  And Space Bees?  How did you come up with that one?!

Like @kaya-young most of my first attempts at storycrafting were when I told stories to my sisters.  And then, when I decided I wanted my stories written down, my first “official” book was typed by my mom and older brother.  They had a really hard time with that because they were not used to using the “”” (Wait, how do you put a quotation mark in quotation marks?) key on the computer, but most of my stories were dialogue driven.  🙂  Anyway, here’s a picture of the cover of my first “book” which was about 5-7 pages long, I think.  I don’t remember really having any nice notebooks like yours, Jen. 🙁

Now, here’s the funny part.  Several of you – especially @dekreel – have noticed that I don’t write fantasy at all.  Guess what?  My first two books in the “Four Children’s Adventures” series were fantasy! The first book was about four brothers and sisters who went into the woods and found an old lady living in a tree.  Then a giant came and peeked through the window with his eye, scaring the children, but he was a friendly giant, so he carried them home on his head.  Also, there was apparently a small tribe of people living on the giant’s head, if I remember correctly. (The inside pages of the book have disappeared, and all I could find was the cover.)

The second book in the series was about a city that had an invisible wall around it, and flew to a different location each night.  The children were playing soccer in their backyard when they ran into the wall (which was invisible) and fell down, but then they got a ladder and climbed over the wall into the city.  There was a talking lion who carried them home (and flew) that time.

Note:  At the time of writing the second book in the series I had never heard of either Brigadoon (lost city which appears every 200 years) or Narnia (Talking Lion). 😀

Oh, and these books were written about ten years ago when I was eight or nine. 🙂

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Joy
                    @dekreel

I was a huge fan of WALL-E back then. As for Ragdoll, I have no idea how she got to be a floating face… X’D

That’s the hole XD

MNValentine
                      @mnvalentine
                        • Total Posts: 123

@jenwriter17 That’s funny 🙂 NOT a chapter book.

@dekreel
                        Sounds exciting! What was it about?

I don’t have the first things I wrote but I was just thinking about it this morning 🙂 My younger sister and I collaborated when we were little on the ‘Lightbulb Boy’ books (thus named because his head was shaped like a lightbulb) They were basically knock-offs of Henry and Mudge, I think… 😀

Silence! Silence everyone, for the king's speech!

Joy
                        @dekreel

My sister and me. Don’t ask why she has a “V” on her head……

A rope…

Yeah, OBVIOUSLY EVE needs a rope in order to float out of the hole XD

Many of my stories ended like this — my sister and I playing Ring-Around-The-Rosie <3

So yeah, most of my stories involved a hole back then. Not very original XD

Ingrid
                          @ingridrd
                            • Total Posts: 830

@jenwriter17  Hahaha!  This is a great idea.  I wrote a story about a 3-legged cat once.  And one about a girl named Lil or something.  I have both of them buried in a box somewhere…if I find them, I’ll post pictures!  🙂

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Jenna Terese
                            @jenwriter17

@dekreel these pictures are so cuuuute! 😀 thanks for sharing them <3

(ooh, yeah, good idea about blotting out your name. i shoulda done that)

@rochellaine
                              *gasps*  Fantasy you say? say it ain’t so! 😉

(not sure how i came up with the whole space bees thingy)

www.jennaterese.com

Jenna Terese
                              @jenwriter17

@ingridrd …..huh……three-legged cat……poor thing

😉

yes, more pictures!

www.jennaterese.com

WarrenLuther04
                                @warrenluther04
                                  • Total Posts: 270

@jenwriter17 and @everyone else This is cool!

My first stories were mainly *cough* *cough* fanfictions. (Also almost all of them either involved dogs or other animals.) But if anyone wants I might be able to scrounge them out of a box buried away in a closet…maybe….. 😀

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
                                  ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >