@rae
Active 1 week, 4 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 4769
-
FIREQUACKER changed their profile picture 1 year, 11 months ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@keilah-h Sorry this took so long. I was on a trip, and then I had to catch up on school.
Ayla
“So there are, in fact, enemy soldiers about like you assumed,” said Mr. Crosshair. “Fortunately, they seem to be pretty brainless, so as long as we avoid being in their direct line of sight we should be fine.”
That sounded boring. Besides, if we av…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Dante
At first, Dante watched the scene with mild interest, as one might watch a couple ants fighting on their sidewalk. As the seconds passed, though, he grew more concerned. And when Brian came charging into view, sword in hand, Dante jumped to his feet.
“Oi! Cool it! All of you!” He chased after them.
Dante arrived just a few…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@anyone
Speaking of conflict, those flaming balloons are going to loose altitude at some point and it is currently right next to the school…
-
freedom replied to the topic Anyone Else have Book Playlists? 😉 in the forum Music 1 year, 11 months ago
@keilah-h Whatever you want! Lyrical, instrumental, whatever! ✨
-
hybridlore posted an update 1 year, 11 months ago
@whalekeeper I moved us here so we didn’t spam the topic anymore like you said 😂
That’s okay! I think I understand what you’re saying—I know exactly what you mean by the bright light leaving a splotch in your vision thing. So for the most part, it seems like you have association, but it slightly affects the way you actually see some charact…[Read more]
-
Okay yay 😂
Yep, I think so.
I don’t use them for inspiration, but while choosing names for characters, I need the right personality to hit. It is a great feeling to find the right name for somebody. Does it affect math? …Memorization is much easier. In that regard it doesn’t get in the way.
Yeah, it’s just the placement on the keyboard. It’s pr…[Read more]-
Right, I gotcha. How did you pick some of your characters’ names? What made you realize, oh, that’s the right one?
Awesome! Yeah, that’s really interesting.
Rightt, I’m still trying to figure it out. It has to be in the POV enough, but also not in there too often… it’s a weird balance. I’ll probably stick to unusual words, some sound-to-color,…[Read more]-
I go through baby name lists as usual. I have a few letters in mind and/or a length, and swipe through until I find something. This search is very similar to how everyone else does it, there are just a few more criteria for the name to pass.
One of my favorite names ever ever ever is Marcel. The first syllable sounds solid, and the second has a…[Read more]-
Honestly I do that with character names too. I try not to name characters even with placeholders until the last minute, because then the placeholder will get stuck as their actual name. Or they’ll still have remnants of that name affecting them or something.
Marcel is a much more unique name than Richard or Howard tbh, I like it way better.
-
@whalekeepr That is so cool! Yeah, I can’t imagine him being a Richard or Howard. 😅
Thank you so much for all your input! It’s been super helpful!!-
Yeah Marcel is ten times better, at the time I wasn’t very experienced in name-searching.
-
-
-
-
@keilah-h Here ya go! 😁
-
thank you!!!
-
I hope this interrogation satisfies you 😄
-
haha I hope so too.
-
-
-
-
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
If you want to talk about this more, we should move the conversation so it isn’t spamming this topic. 😅
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
Do words really change color for you when you read them, or do you read it in black ink but see it in your head as colored?
Acchhh this is extremely difficult. I believe my grapheme-color is somewhere in between association and projection. I was never confused as a child about how the letters were made with multiple colors, I knew they…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@rae @raxforge @ellette-giselle
Our characters are right next to yours, see below.
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/Ellis, Fel, Sara)
The four travellers tried to look inconspicuous in the dark. Their soaked clothes mostly blended in with the background. Marcel noticed Felicity’s bright hair, and motioned for her to shove…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- changed their profile picture 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Have you, by any chance, read The Sinking City by Christine Cohens?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
Like I said, my mind was in a weird place. Specifically in the place of a reader snacking on some yogurt-covered pretzels.
Ew.
Honestly, I have always found those things rather nasty. They taste like artificial sweetener. Or at least the ones I’ve had always do.
You can post every couple of days. I can go over a couple of…
-
Esther replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 11 months ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 11 months ago
Yes, I’m definitely praying for the election.
Thankful our God is sovereign and in control, no matter what ✨
I’ve found A Mighty Fortress a good song for today, precisely because of that. Delete the space at the beginning of the link.
h ttps://hymnary.org/text/a_mighty_fortress_is_our_god_a_bulwark
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Sounds good to me.
I don’t have anything right now, I might later, but nobody has to wait for me to go.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@highscribeofaetherium @beth-torres
Ilahna —— Elderstrand (w/ Klethen and Everett)
Ilahna ran blindly, following Klethen’s form in the dark ahead. She couldn’t manage a song while running, so she had no way to sense if anyone was nearby.
She could tell by sound, however, that the armored creatures were still behind…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
(I wasn’t sure if your characters ended up following or not, so I just avoided mentioning it either way.)
Rina —— Elderstrand
“Where…are we going?” Rina panted as the group ran on.
“The city is being locked down,” Fleet responded. “We won’t be able to get through any of the gates. So, we’re heading for the river. We…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@whalekeeper @loopylin @hybridlore
Ellis —— Elderstrand (w/ Marcel, Felicity, Sara)
Ellis nodded. “Let’s go. Quick!”
The group slipped into the alley and waited in silence as the soldiers neared the street.
“Spread out!” someone shouted. “They must be here somewhere.”
Ellis gripped his sword tight, prepared to silence the first person who…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
Look, if anyone picks up the series at book two, they deserve to be confused. *shrug*
If there’s any recap I’ll put a little in the Blurb on the back. But otherwise, what’s here is what they get.
Good Grief! Book two for nine year olds! NO WAY! It is so dark!
I’m a little torn. I think most of the conversation you have i…
- Load More
