@rae
Active 1 week ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 4769
-
whaley replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yep, I celebrate Christmas!
I celebrate it with a little different intention than many Christians do. Lots of people believe it is morally right to celebrate it as only Christ’s birthday, and we should have focus and do nothing else; as a child I was confused about this because it doesn’t mention this holiday anywhere in the Bible.
I don’t t…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
@shadow
That seems a strange objection though, because wouldn’t God want us to celebrate His Son’s birth?
Right, the coming of Christ is one of the major parts of our faith. Without Christ coming, there would be no death or resurrection. Therefore, it should be celebrated.
With the Pegan thing, it doesn’t really matter in my opinion. As long as…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Great! I’d love to hear your thoughts when you’re done.
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Yes I would be okay with that. School kind of took over and I haven’t written the story yet 😅
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Praying for your brother and band
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
That’s really cool, I’m a Catholic and we celebrate Advent too though we don’t have all the same days as you mentioned.
Thanks for the video, I’ll check it out.
Understandable of your parents, the whole Santa thing is one of the bigger objections some people have to Christmas. Also I love that you hav…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
My mom collects Nativity sets, and we have so many there’s never enough room for all of them, lol.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I know. I don’t know why they keep coming off blurry.
Joseph’s was a little blurry… but… I think I saw a picture of him handcuffed against a wall… 😳
*wiggles eyebrows* guess you’ll just have to see……………
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I just did! They look great! Nice to see the pictures of what they look like. Joseph’s was a little blurry… but… I think I saw a picture of him handcuffed against a wall… 😳
-
hybridlore replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
Sounds good. Third person makes it a lot easier to keep track.
Maybe they’ll just have less important roles. Or maybe they’ll die.
Lol… 😳
getting sidetracked by a good book, I have returned.
Ooh! What book did this happen to be? 🤪
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
But everything has been fine sailing and I think I need some summing to keep people interested.
Idk.
we’ll see.
Oh no… 😥
lol.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Good section!!!
Again, you’re summing up lots of time here, especially at the end. I would maybe like to be shown instead of told some of that, but it’s okay if you just really need to get to the next part.
Joseph felt that for once they were safe.
Then, something happened that changed everything.
Oh no… 😥
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@hybridlore  @linus-smallprint   @koshka  @keilah-h   @elishavet-pidyon  @grcr
Next section.
The days passed and Joseph worked hard to build furniture for their home. He found woodworking trying at times, but David and Stephen helped him.
Amelia began to bring over blankets and dishes she had saved, and men and women of the church gave…
-
Andrew replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yes, I celebrate Christmas. I don’t see why I would not. Christ has come! Glory to God in the highest! Peace and goodwill to all! I celebrate Christmas because Christ has come, the one who saved our sins! I don’t see why one would not celebrate Christmas if a Christian. It seems a little farfetched to say, “Oh, we are not going the celebrate…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yes, we celebrate Christmas! We Celebrate it as a remembrance of the birth of our Savior and in anticipation of His return. (I’m a Covenanter/Reformed Baptist)
Here is a really, really amazing interview about Christmas done by a pastor and famous Christian actor. It is so good and I like to watch it every year. I think it’s only…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
No I am immediately suspicious of his Master.
Good scene! I like it!
Go ahead.
Just see what happens to you if you do.
-
-GRCR- posted an update 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh me, oh my.
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yes, but not yet. Most people are celebrating already, but in my church, (I’m Anglican), we have Advent first. Unlike most people think, Advent is not the Christmas season. It is a penitential season focused primarily on the second coming, not the first. My dad says that if you do Advent right, Christmas should be a consolation prize,…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic How Many MCs/POV Characters Is Too Many? in the forum Characters 1 year, 9 months ago
I can keep track of them.🙂
I like books with multiple POVs, but I do get what you mean. One book I was working on had close to 20 POV characters, who all had their own subplots. I ended forgetting a lot of what was going on, and couldn’t keep track of who was who.😂 If I ever get back to that one, the number will be…[Read more]
- Load More
